FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Talking about leveling up spells

By Naitseabundo#8866 - MEMBER - June 17, 2014, 02:21:50

Hellou, Im a 108 fire Iop

Im actually a spanish player from the Elbor server, but I havent get the help I need on that server forum, so this is my problem

As a fire Iop, I have give priority to level up my fire spells, right now all my fire spell are lvl 91-92, And I have Gust and Uppercut (Air spells) lvl 6x

The thing is, that I feel really low on attack for my lvl when im in a dung or lvlng with my friends, I see that my damage (being a Iop specially) should be higher (I already have Compulsion, Authority an show off max up)

Right now I can reset myself after a long mision in Brackmar, so I wonder if I should use my air spells XP to max lvl up my fire spells, I have thing about this:

- I know that, the more lvl your spells have, the more the element % bonus you get
- And even if I lvl and get a lot of XP, leveling up these spells are so hard, the one that I more use is Jugdment, and its still lvl 92, so its very hard to get this spells, the lvl I am.

So I have to ask:

- Are Gust and Uppercut that usefull for a Iop that is pure fire? Shoul I leave this spells behind?
(I personally use air spells a lot in combo, but I see them as useless)

Or

- Is there fire spells that I should leave behind in order to keep gust and uppercut?
(Even when I dont see air spells that good, in every fire iop (even pure fire) i see that they recommend use them, in this forum aswell)

How should I procede?

Thanks, and sorry if my english isnt that good.

0 0
Reactions 4
Score : 1986

I'll see if I can help! But I need a little more information.

What equipment do you use?

How do you have stat points distributed? (How much AP, MP, Intelligence, and other stuff?)

Taking away your air spell levels to put into fire spells won't affect your damage much. Even if you took 50 levels away from both of them, you'll probably only get an extra 5% fire damage from taking away gust and uppercut's levels, but lose 30% or more air resistance. I don't think it will be a good trade off!

0 0
Score : 785

I play a tri-element Iop, most of your damage % really does come from the gear you are wearing.

As far as fire spells which aren't so useful I'd say Thunderbolt and Celestial sword are a waste of points which would be better spent investing in Jabs/Gutting gust and maybe Uppercut. Making you a Fire/Air iop.

However you should find your char will be of more use in many places and equipment is fairly easy to get.

Of course stat invests change things a lot too but i'll leave those well alone since you didn't ask about them.

Hope that's of some help anyway.

0 0
Score : 43
Zygarde|2014-06-17 13:29:08
I'll see if I can help! But I need a little more information.

What equipment do you use?

How do you have stat points distributed? (How much AP, MP, Intelligence, and other stuff?)

Taking away your air spell levels to put into fire spells won't affect your damage much. Even if you took 50 levels away from both of them, you'll probably only get an extra 5% fire damage from taking away gust and uppercut's levels, but lose 30% or more air resistance. I don't think it will be a good trade off!
Well My equipment is awfull that's for sure, Its Maxilube and Mediulube (Don't know how they are called in this server, hope you understand) Im hoping to get full fire equipment like Jalrog set and an hybrid for some air damage like White Crow set (Again, dont know how are they called)

1 AP 1 MP, like 100 Inteligence, and no more, Im saving points for Critics and Life points, still thinking about it

Jebusiscomingrun|2014-06-17 13:41:14
I play a tri-element Iop, most of your damage % really does come from the gear you are wearing.

As far as fire spells which aren't so useful I'd say Thunderbolt and Celestial sword are a waste of points which would be better spent investing in Jabs/Gutting gust and maybe Uppercut. Making you a Fire/Air iop.

However you should find your char will be of more use in many places and equipment is fairly easy to get.

Of course stat invests change things a lot too but i'll leave those well alone since you didn't ask about them.

Hope that's of some help anyway.
Actually about stats I believe i know what to do with it (Thanks for asking)

But then reading this I believe I should redo my question:

If im lvl 108 and my 5 fire spells are 90-91 (without equipment) and my 2 air spells are 6x, Im having a good leveling up with them? or are they bad in lvl terms?

If so, how should i use my reset, i like you idea about Thunderbolt and celstial a waste of points, because they are pretty useless without the other, making them depending of how strong are the other.

(I should add, my Iop, inst a PvP Iop, i play with a group of friends, and I like to be in the front line taking and dealing damage while they support me, or do something to the enemy like debuff)

BTW: Thanks for the answers 
0 0
Score : 1130

Pick the 2 or 3 fire spells that you find most useful to you and focus on those.

Get those closer to your level (like 105 if you're 108) and leave the remaining spells lower level.

You can get a lot of general damage % from passives and from gear so leveling up Gust to higher levels is worth it.

For now, if you have a restat, use it to get those 2 or 3 (your choice) fire spells a little bit higher.
If you dont have a restat, dont worry about it right now. Just focus on using just the 2-3 fire spells and dont use the other ones. Then if you happen to get a restat due to "rebalancing" then you can change your spells at that point.

0 0
Respond to this thread