FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

A general overview of Air Iop

By January 30, 2014, 23:32:54

Could someone show me a guide or just a general overview of how air iops should be played and tips on point distributions etc?? Thanks!

0 0
Reactions 6
Score : 474

Hey Miopop!
I currently have a level 117 pure air iop (hoping to drop a mecha cape and respec into fire/air soon).
Air iops are a bruiser class who can distribute damage amazingly well (ex: 10 enemies with 50 health left are all easily finished by one of the low cost spells).

-For passive specialties you should probably start with virility and move on to compulsion and authority after that. Virility has a strange mechanic where it heals you after every battle, making it very nice to have when doing pretty much anything. Compulsion is a straight up damage boost which is always nice. Authority works amazingly well with air builds, the 20% damage increase will stack very quickly due to all of the attacks air iops dish out per turn, becoming 100% in no time.

-Active specialties are mostly up to you to decide, but jump is extremely useful, I chose to put points into defensive stance as well because I'm generally up in the mob's face.

-The main damage combo of an air iop is-- cutting gust -> uppercut -> jabs although if you need to conserve mp or wp u can cut down on the gusts and uppercuts. The other 2 spells arent all that useful, flurry is good if you have an odd number of AP or if your AP gets drained, but intimidation is pretty much useless.

-Air iops aren't the most tactical class. Right now, my role when fighting in a team is to clean up the mobs with low health, or focus down the enemies with low air resist. Basically you just run to the enemy and combo them until they die :p

1 0
Score : 707

Hey thanks for that! But I have a question, does Virility heal you after battle?? Cause it doesn't say anything like that on the skill.

0 0
Score : 3440
miopop|2014-02-04 03:03:19
Hey thanks for that! But I have a question, does Virility heal you after battle?? Cause it doesn't say anything like that on the skill.

Yes, Virility gives you 20% of your health at the end of a fight.
0 0
Score : 707

Oh Okay Thanks smile 

0 0
Score : 121
Whit3Matt3r|2014-02-03 08:31:17
The other 2 spells arent all that useful, flurry is good if you have an odd number of AP or if your AP gets drained, but intimidation is pretty much useless.
Sorry, but I disagree. I'm new to the game yeah, and I just started my air Iop, but I see that Flurry is a great move to take. You can spam that befor quite literally EVERY attack and boost your next by 10%. It's great for early and mid game, maybe late game that bonus might not be needed, but it's still a free 1AP cost move that is mega spamable. I plan on keeping it late game and possibly dropping jabs. But I do agree that inimidation isn't the best, but it's good for situational. Such as if you're flanking an enemy you can bounce them into an ally for bonus damage, or into an enemy for spread of damage. So saying it "useless" is kinda inaccurate. More like "unimportant" because again, it's a situational.
0 0
Score : 3810

Jabs looks better, has better damage/AP, and doesn't take nearly as long as flurry to execute (which is relevant when you're using the move 5+ times every single turn). The extra air damage looks nice, but is ultimately not noticeable.

If you're serious into Air, it's better to take Jabs. If you're just using air as filler, then having flurry and gutting gust leveled means you can make use of any odd numbers/extra AP you might have (when AP is stolen, when planning to use a speciality, etc), same with MP/WP.

Also of note is that several enemies have effects which are on-hit; some will have their resistance increased every time you hit them, some will give buffs to nearby enemies when hit/etc, which makes flurry even worse.

0 0
Respond to this thread