FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Maximum Damage Air Osa (Dragon Guide + Inquiry)

By Longjevity - MEMBER - February 05, 2013, 07:22:36

So i've been playing a dragon Osa and have have really been enjoying it.
-> As we know, the typical 10ap, bwork trump, whipx2, scarawing combo, does a boat load of damage. I've been debating how to maximize the damage of this classic combo- and the largest point of debate is how backstab damage boosters are calculated in the equation, and depending on that what equipment would be best for this build.

Build:
My osa build is pretty straight forward- I Skill 1MP and 1Range, rest in AGI.
Considering the need to get to 10 ap 6mp, there may be some other build that skill AP to free up some more equipment options: if anyone knows of a better build (considering stat distribution and/or sets) Please let me know.
My spell Levels go into Maxing Whip and Scara Wing, with even spell XP distribution among remanding wind spells.

Osa Statistics:
-110 Osa has 545 points to distribute-> take away 100(mov)+80(range) (180)= which leaves 365
-A point of agility costs 3-> so 365/3-> 121 (remainder 2)
-And since each point of agility adds .5% wind damage-> we get 60.5% wind damage
-Include the following:
-Dragon buff =of 50%
- Lvl 50 Tofu =25%
- Damage % off of maxed Whip and Scara Wing (with the rest of spell xp evenly distributed amongst remanding wind spells) =131%
This Totals at: 266.5 Wind Damage %

Set #1:

Total Bonus:
634 HP, 156 Initiative, 15 Prospecting, 1% critical hits, 20 Block, 2 willpower, 36 dodge,
153% Air Damage, 13% Earth Damage, 30% Damage from Behind,
25% Earth Resist, 25% Fire Resist, 10% water resist, 23% resist,
+2 levels to Fire, +1 level to Earth, 1 MP, 2 AP

Set Analysis:
Focused purely on air % damage while satisfying the 2 AP and 1 MP to get to 10AP 6MP Dragon.

Compared to Set # 2
(+HP) (+Ini) (+Block) (+% Air Damage) (+ %resist)

Set Statistics:
-Base Wind damage % of 266.5
-add the 153% set bonus
-Totals: 420% air damage when in dragon-form
-Does Not include Weapons, and their bonuses. (I'll get to that later)

Query:
This damage does not include the following:
-Resistances/Buffs
-Damage from Bwork Trump (turning the opponents back to you)
-The Usual 30% Increase from Back Stab
-The 30 % Backstab Bonus Damage
-Weapons, and their bonuses. (I'll get to that later)

Set #2:

Total Bonus:
600 HP, 141 Initiative, 19% Critical Hits, 1 Block, 107 Dodge
138% Air Damage, 52% Fire Damage, 62% Damage done from behind, 55% Trap Damage,
10 % Earth Resist, 22% Resist, 1 Mechanics
2 Lvl. to Air spells, 4 lvl to Water Spells, 2 Range, 2 AP, 1MP

Set Analysis:
Has a much higher backstab damage% bonus, and a considerable critical hit % chance bonus.

Compared to Set # 2
(+62% Damage done from behind) (+Dodge) (+Range)

Set Statistics:
-Base Wind damage % of 266.5
-add the 138% set bonus
-Totals: 405% air damage when in dragon-form
-Does Not include Weapons, and their bonuses. (I'll get to that later)

Query:
This damage does not include the following:
-Resistances/Buffs
-Damage from Bwork Trump (turning the opponents back to you)
-The Usual 30% Increase from Back Stab
-The 62 % Backstab Bonus Damage
-Weapons, and their bonuses. (I'll get to that later)

Primary Question:
Set #1 (Widow Set) Has around 20% more Air Damage
Set # 2 (Crow Set) Has around 30% more Backstab Bonus
I would like to know which one is more worth it, and if anyone can tell me the exact
Functionality Of backstab Bonus damage (If it takes the whole damage and adds the %,
Or takes the % and uses the 30% additional damage from original backstab)

Considering Weapons:
-If someone know the answer to the primary Question, then it can safely answer which weapon would be more useful in this situation:

Weapon Set #1: Weapon Set #2

--------------------
Weapon Bonus: -------------------- Weapon Bonus:
+180 HP ------------------- +154 HP
-25% Resist. -------------------- +20% Damage
+20% Resist. to MP loss ------------------- +24% Air Dmg
+5% Critical Hits ------------------- +4% Critical Hits
+30 Lock --------------------- +24 Initiative
+15% Damage from behind -------------------- +10 Lock
+65% Damage ---------------------- + 20%Damage from Behind
+1 AP + --------------------- 1 AP

Secondary Question:
-Weapon set #1 (Grou's Axe) Has 21% more overall damage.
-Weapon set #2 ("Perfect" Crobak Dagger + Zeoru's Blade) has 5% more Backstab Damage.

Conclusion:
-It really comes down to how do the mechanics of additive backstab damage work, and once know, to find out which yields the greater damage (raw damage, or the additive Back Stab Damage) in regards to these comparisons.
-Also, If any better Air Dragon Osa build, Equipment Builds, or weapon Combinations are known of, please let me know.

--------------------------------------I See Comments for Post Thread Set Ideas I-------------------------------------
0 0
Reactions 24
Score : 5270

im no osa.. but wouldn't crits play a part as well? and what about statting block? i really dunno.

0 0
Score : 1694

Well, i wear what you have listed as set 2. As per spell levels, i won't disclose what i did but i can tell you that i get 139% bonus from my spells. I also manage to get a total of 461% damage before dragon form. Though, I did not stat a range as i feel there is no need when you have +2 range and 6 MP. In dragon i manage to have 512%. I have about 76% back stab as well. One thing to account for is the rune you have in place in the WC cape. as that factors in more damage if it is a damage rune.

Also, this is what the Wiki has for the calculation of extra back stab damage:
Rear attacks (in %): dmg = 25 + (25 * Backstab / 100)

Also note: Equipment and skills that increase Backstab base value do not increase damage linearly.

0 -1
Score : 13902

Nerf Dragoon. tongue 

0 -2
Score : 246
Gynrei|2013-02-05 16:07:49
Nerf Dragoon. tongue
Haha you mean because of the upcoming changes- I do think Dragon will be crazy good when that happens
0 0
Score : 58
RaVeN-Fifteen|2013-02-05 08:21:54
im no osa.. but wouldn't crits play a part as well? and what about statting block? i really dunno.
I think crit would be an extremely viable build, especially considering the new update's dragon crit abilities and damage buffs
0 0
Longjevity|2013-02-08 22:30:15
Gynrei|2013-02-05 16:07:49
Nerf Dragoon. tongue
Haha you mean because of the upcoming changes- I do think Dragon will be crazy good when that happens

He is saying to nerf me in general XD haha.
0 0
Score : 5818

Back stab applies for all single target spells inflicting damage onto the back. If your saying how the damage is calculated. I would have to re run the numbers again. Also did you include maka cards?

In the upcoming case crit will outshine anything and bonus critical hits will be a must on every dragon osa come the implementation of critical synergy. So the whitecrow/blackcrow hybridized set should be less sought after and the general osa player should focus moreso on hard crit change and overall base dmg to better themselves versus a tanky ally.

tldr:

• Take into account enemy resistance bonus for higher damage multiplier
  • Take into account the devastating effect of crit and how it will become a centralized aspect to the osa. Increasing critical dmg may lower critical chance. Luck will make the osa better/worse dps.
  • Gobgob doesnt die anymore!!!!
0 0
lordzentq|2013-02-14 13:37:17
Back stab applies for all single target spells inflicting damage onto the back. If your saying how the damage is calculated. I would have to re run the numbers again. Also did you include maka cards?

In the upcoming case crit will outshine anything and bonus critical hits will be a must on every dragon osa come the implementation of critical synergy. So the whitecrow/blackcrow hybridized set should be less sought after and the general osa player should focus moreso on hard crit change and overall base dmg to better themselves versus a tanky ally.

tldr:
  • Take into account enemy resistance bonus for higher damage multiplier
  • Take into account the devastating effect of crit and how it will become a centralized aspect to the osa. Increasing critical dmg may lower critical chance. Luck will make the osa better/worse dps.
  • Gobgob doesnt die anymore!!!!
The buffs are fantastic, and are something to look forward to!
Crit definitely seems to be the way to go after the update, why do you say the Black/White crow pieces would be less sought after? They have substancial crit chances, and still have appealing damage enhancing stats.
The question is: what equipment would rival these sets, in regards to the update?
0 0
Score : 374

Im leanining towards a black widow set + kraken chest + shoulders + belt

But then I'm also considering aiming for 12ap and doing 3x whip. Though I'm only assuming that it would outshine the backstab damage to get a 3rd heavy hit in and potential big crit.

That and not using bwork doesnt mean you -can't- get backstab damage. Just can't force it.

Another minor upside is that your damage doesnt spike downwards if you cant get in that line LoS that bwork requires.

Aaand if LoS is impossible then you can 4x crow and give something an absurd amount of crit fails

0 0

This is sooo true, I was just thinking the same thing. And now that the update is out, im sitting in the training room thinking: agility or crit, 10 ap or 12.. no clue. A thing to note is that Most WB have a crit failure cap, usually not over 18% or so. So for them more than 2 crows wouldn't work. And also, weather black crow + whisperer parts with full agility and forced backstab, is more efficient than 3 non backstab hit, with a higher crit chance.

0 0

Numbers wise, at least in my current gear (which isnt backstab focused besides a black widow helm + kraken shoulders)

3 Whips did more damage than 1xbwork 2x whip in the spine, but by like 20 damage (not 20 base air damage, like 20 damage in my current gear) when you add in the backstab damage of scara vs a frontal hit. I'm still considering the 3x whip since it doesnt need that linear LoS and the 12 ap would allow for crowspam (even if the crit fails caps or theyre immune its good to have some non-los required damage.)

Plus if you can find a means to get behind a target and whip 3x then that damage wins out by a large margin. If you can hit 5-6mp getting behind something doesnt seem too difficult by just moving. But then I suppose youre losing the scara damage, might not equate to a 3rd whip on the back but the gearing/stat distribution to get the 12ap might sacrifice damage or crits you could just apply to the 1x bwork 2x whip combo.

Though if you are grouped and you have an iop turning things to face him or just someone else distracting the target, you could achieve that backstab much easier.

I suppose theres plenty of variables, the 12ap just seems a little more versitile in terms of targetting/LoS and if you can get the backstab damage, all the better.

I guess it just depends on how stretched you are for cash and whether you can get the gear for 12ap or if you cant just go for the easy 10ap

0 0

The question not is Additional Critical hit damage, or backstab. What does the most? I literally want to find out how to make this class do the most damage possible in game XD

0 0

i have 541% air damage in dragon form, and have 76% backstab, plus the 40% Crit Hit Damage. I hit back stab crit whips for 700+ Damage on 100% or so res targets.

0 0
Score : 1098

Quite nice, though not helpful to this thread unless you wanna share how you get it that high :3

0 0

I've commented on that aspect already. There are a few things left out for a reason. But for the most part, i've already said what i wear.

0 0
Longjevity|2013-03-05 03:07:41
The question not is Additional Critical hit damage, or backstab. What does the most? I literally want to find out how to make this class do the most damage possible in game XD

Well if youre talking purely flat damage, no backstab no crit etc. 3x Whip + 1x Scara.

But factors tend to arise that limit your spell options, or gear that buffs things like backstab to the point of warranting doing two backstab hits over 3 frontal.
0 0
Score : 6289

Hushed set is even better but yeah he forgot to take the crit's into account.

0 0

hushed is so meh for dragon osa. you lose out on so many potential extra stats such as range and backstab.

0 0

I have found a set that deals a TON of damage. And also one that dosent deal quite as much, but gives you plenty of resist and Block. This is literally the best of sword and shield sets I could find. Please give advice/feed back.
Ill Add the wakfu element- set builder codes, as well as just show them in here smile
I have decided for the 10 ap set Btw, and have allocated points into 20 crits and rest agility. Although the prior mention 12 ap build has been mentioned, I have done no extensive testing with it.
Damage Set:

This Set: Although Incredibly lackluster resistances (all between 8-17%) Deals Insane amounts of damage. With lvl 70 Air-Dmg Runes (or above) You reach just Over 500% damage (with prior mentioned allocations/pet/dragon) And has a High critical hit chance with extremely high backstab and critical hit damage bonuses. This is overpowered, but you will have a lackluster survival rate.
Code: JIOCCWJNJBNWCIOLWJOMMHWJINHBWCIOCWJNJLNWJNJIIWCIOBWJIOCOWJNJIHW

Endurance Set:

This Set has great resistances all above 80/100 when dragon. And has substantial block and lp, while still boasting a good crit chance. And the damage % is not that bad either. You sacrifice some damage (In the form of crit damage and backstab) But You'll live a lot longer. Something to note is the lack of range that the prior set has, although it is only a difference of 1. But I find it interferes more often than you'd think.
Code: JOHMNWJNJBNWCIOLWJOMMHWJINHBWCIOCWJNJLNWJOHMOWJOHMMWJIOCOWJOOJNW
0 0
Respond to this thread