FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Dragon Osa

By MrLadyLuck - MEMBER - July 09, 2012, 03:23:35

are dragon osa builds any good like is there any use for them?

0 0
Reactions 38
Score : 5872
MrLadyLuck|2012-07-09 03:23:35
are dragon osa builds any good like is there any use for them?
no
0 0
Score : 859

We are sad about this.

0 0
Score : 286

By any chance do you guys think there will be a boost of dragon?

0 0
MrLadyLuck|2012-07-10 18:19:56
i think they might buff them, at least i hope i do
0 0
Score : 3542
lordzentq|2012-07-10 20:17:49
apart from all the effort on your part, I really don't think they see much of a reason to place it high on their list.

I may be wrong but asking for a dragon buff would be like asking for a buff to any of the other classes specialties/useless elements. Just cause its there, doesn't mean it necessarily has to be a viable option.
0 0
b-baller|2012-07-12 20:19:19
apart from all the effort on your part, I really don't think they see much of a reason to place it high on their list.

I may be wrong but asking for a dragon buff would be like asking for a buff to any of the other classes specialties/useless elements. Just cause its there, doesn't mean it necessarily has to be a viable option.
Yes it does. They don't just throw *** in a pot and see what comes out. Anything they're putting into this game, they're putting in because it theoretically has some strategic value in regards to their vision for the game. If it's really a worthless element, it needs to be taken out and replaced with something that DOES have strategic value (see also: the old Pandawa specialty "Sherpa", which increased the range of Karchamrak and didn't do much else, axed and replaced with Incandescent Milk, which gives a bonus to fire spells and a status effect to dizzy enemies).
0 0
chowderman|2012-07-16 02:59:47
b-baller|2012-07-12 20:19:19

Yes it does. They don't just throw *** in a pot and see what comes out. Anything they're putting into this game, they're putting in because it theoretically has some strategic value in regards to their vision for the game. If it's really a worthless element, it needs to be taken out and replaced with something that DOES have strategic value (see also: the old Pandawa specialty "Sherpa", which increased the range of Karchamrak and didn't do much else, axed and replaced with Incandescent Milk, which gives a bonus to fire spells and a status effect to dizzy enemies).
Finally an ally biggrin 
0 0
Score : 3542
chowderman|2012-07-16 02:59:47
well heres the thing, they do it all the time...
An they did it all the time, thinking about chance osas in dofus.

air xelors
air enis
water enus

and the list goes on, there are several builds/trees that lack viability, and don't need to be in the game. Im not saying its bad for them to do this I'm just saying the reasoning for it doesn't exactly justify your cause being sent to the top of the list.
0 0

Actually, according to the Dofus wiki, chance osa is a pretty solid build if you know what you're doing.

As for those myriad unviable classes you mentioned, I'm well aware you're saying it's not a bad thing to have stuff in the game that just doesn't work, I'm saying you're wrong, it is absolutely a bad thing. For a start it's literally against Ankama's mission statement or artist's statement or whatever you want to call it to have any such thing as an unviable build in Wakfu, that's what the spell revamp was all about, it was to make hybrid builds worth the trouble. For another thing it just doesn't make any sense from a business perspective. It's like having a car that some genius put an extra wheel on top; it doesn't contribute anything to the function of the car, you can't take it off and use it for a spare, and it doesn't look particularly good, so leaving it there for ***s and giggles is a terrible business decision. Same thing here. You leave *** in your game that doesn't do anything, or does something but is terrible and worthless and you don't need it, you look like a bad game designer. So you friggin' fix it.

1 0
Score : 1313

Cha Osa in Dofus is pretty fierce if it's made right, though it rarely is. It requires more work and effort and I personally think it doesn't come as far as a standard int or summon osa build.

On topic:

Can some one put together an end game set with the following requirements:
50% crit minimum (-10% for max Symb, from there, make a decent set with as many crits as possible that also meets the other reqs and I'll decide how many points to put into crit.)

at LEAST 400% (I'm aiming for up in the 600% range though) damage of an element, preferably earth or air, pets and post transformation buff not included.

Including the 1 AP and MP from Dragon Form, I think 9 ap should be fine. 2 summons and a gobgob, transformation and attack on the following turn with a nice choice for combos after that. 5 MP would be preferable, would be nice to not have to put points into an MP.

This set does NOT need leadership. None. It will be covered through skills.

After all this has been met, HP and Init would be nice. Due to the mid range, I think hp would take priority over the two.

If I can get a decent set together, I can plug in the numbers and see if this build becomes viable. I'm expecting a glass cannon who's power isn't going to be as nice as, say, a Iops, but still pretty nice for the people who love dragon builds. An Earth build would be preferred, but Air would provide a summon alternative for when you are soloing.

0 0
DemonSin|2012-07-18 07:30:01
Cha Osa in Dofus is pretty fierce if it's made right, though it rarely is. It requires more work and effort and I personally think it doesn't come as far as a standard int or summon osa build.

On topic:

Can some one put together an end game set with the following requirements:
50% crit minimum (-10% for max Symb, from there, make a decent set with as many crits as possible that also meets the other reqs and I'll decide how many points to put into crit.)

at LEAST 400% (I'm aiming for up in the 600% range though) damage of an element, preferably earth or air, pets and post transformation buff not included.

Including the 1 AP and MP from Dragon Form, I think 9 ap should be fine. 2 summons and a gobgob, transformation and attack on the following turn with a nice choice for combos after that. 5 MP would be preferable, would be nice to not have to put points into an MP.

This set does NOT need leadership. None. It will be covered through skills.

After all this has been met, HP and Init would be nice. Due to the mid range, I think hp would take priority over the two.

If I can get a decent set together, I can plug in the numbers and see if this build becomes viable. I'm expecting a glass cannon who's power isn't going to be as nice as, say, a Iops, but still pretty nice for the people who love dragon builds. An Earth build would be preferred, but Air would provide a summon alternative for when you are soloing.
You cant have summons out if u want to go dragon form, It states clearly number of summons = 1 and that 1 must be gobgob to fuse with.
0 0

Zent, you can't possibly be that ignorant to osas. Weren't you like the very first person to sign the petition? Symb gets stronger the higher the level of the gobgob. So for example, if you are level 20. Summon warchief, summon gobgob. Gobgob gobbles war chief, next turn you symb. The bonus for a level 21 gob is 3% increase to damage, resist, init, and CH. The increase for level 101 is most likely 11%. Not a great deal, but in addition to the 50% from criticals and the base 50% damage and 20% resist you get for symb anyway, it stacks. How do you not know this?

0 0
DemonSin|2012-07-19 05:11:43
Zent, you can't possibly be that ignorant to osas. Weren't you like the very first person to sign the petition? Symb gets stronger the higher the level of the gobgob. So for example, if you are level 20. Summon warchief, summon gobgob. Gobgob gobbles war chief, next turn you symb. The bonus for a level 21 gob is 3% increase to damage, resist, init, and CH. The increase for level 101 is most likely 11%. Not a great deal, but in addition to the 50% from criticals and the base 50% damage and 20% resist you get for symb anyway, it stacks. How do you not know this?
Sorry i simply misread ur post :/, ofc i know this i main as a dragon osa and go to lvl 80 dragon form quite often. And i made the petition not just sign it
0 0

So to plug numbers and see if this build is as nice as I imagine it will be, I need the stats on an end game set. Something that preferably meets the previously mentioned criteria.

0 0
DemonSin|2012-07-19 10:15:12
So to plug numbers and see if this build is as nice as I imagine it will be, I need the stats on an end game set. Something that preferably meets the previously mentioned criteria.
Before that, what skills would you be lvling?
0 0
Score : 825

I'm making an Air dragon osa, and by just lvling the skill symbiosisa to lvl 4, I've already got an extra range, 25% more damage, 10% (I think) more resists, and +1 of a lot of stats. It's ok to use it, it does good damage and feather tornado can keep big nasty opponents away with ease. Just try it. Btw I got some really rare item called Yugonets when I killed a wodent in my dragon from. Anyone got any idea what these are?

0 0

Altho that 25% dmg seems appealing i think ur failing to notice the dragon osas major drawback. Because of having summons Devs have significantly lowered the base dmg on the osas spells. What this means is that regardless of the % dmg u have this multiplier will be minuscule compared to other classes.

For example, Crobak lvl 100 does -22 dmg for 3ap

Having 500% air dmg aka a 5 dmg multiplier will only yield 110 dmg per crobak (not including resists)

In another note a similar spell costing the same, like iops jabs does -30 dmg at lvl 100 for 2 ap, yielding 150 dmg per jabs.

So for 6 ap the iop will do 450 wile the osa does 220. Less then half.

When it comes down to it the major flaw of dragon osas is there stupidly low dmg base, also every air spell other then whip and bwork trump requires a 2+ range, meaning when a enemy with high lock is next to you, your dmg output would easily be cut in half.

0 0
Score : 825

I see.... I seem to be doing fine right now in astrub, but who knows what could happen...
About the lock problem, Bwork trump turns the enemy around so that it's back is toward you, so it has much less lock towards you, and you get a damage bonus.happy

Also if anyone has any info on what the Yugowebs are, please tell me.

0 0
Marbowser|2012-07-19 23:02:20
I see.... I seem to be doing fine right now in astrub, but who knows what could happen...
About the lock problem, Bwork trump turns the enemy around so that it's back is toward you, so it has much less lock towards you, and you get a damage bonus.happy

Also if anyone has any info on what the Yugowebs are, please tell me.
Say the same thing about enemies with 230 lock.

Im, a lvl 104 air dragon. Probably the oldest 1 on the server. Trust me after lvl 41 its all sorrow.
0 0
Respond to this thread