FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

(Earth summoner) Alright, Where do I put my specialty points?

By Kysska March 30, 2012, 14:05:18

Having a terrible time deciding what to do with my specialty points, here's what I'm sitting on right now:

(I accidently put too much into Gobgob but the point's mostly moot anyway)

* For some summoners the obvious choice is prespic hair, but honestly it doesnt seem like my pet gets hit that often, and even then 20% reflect seems kinda weak.

* Another option I've seen is Possession / Gobb Steak which was neat to see since manually walking your pet over 2 gobb steaks pretty much fully heals it and increases damage by 100% for that turn. This route lowers the AP cost of possessing monsters and fixes the problem of stupid pet AI.

* I'm also almost considering "*** it, going Dragon OSA" since I'm tired of whip being my highest spell while being an earth osa. I'm doing the 9ap whip+crackler build, which would allow me to blend right into a 2x crackler dragon osa from the +AP you get. Might even be an interesting tactical choice as a summoner since I can eat+merge with my pet when it's hp gets low and still be useful, but eh.

So, thoughts?
0 0
Reactions 11
Score : 4280

Well from what you wrote it seems like you know exactly what you're doing..

Besides the decision on dragon or not? Whip + Crackler is good and like you said it will also allow you to do 2x crackler as well.

0 0
Score : 1518

Think it might be worth doing the summoner AND dragon osa route then? I don't really see any downsides since dragon osas only need the one specialty. "Potentially less effective summoner" is all I can see for it, since I wont be able to afford everything else.

0 0
Kysska|2012-03-30 16:03:45
Think it might be worth doing the summoner AND dragon osa route then? I don't really see any downsides since dragon osas only need the one specialty. "Potentially less effective summoner" is all I can see for it, since I wont be able to afford everything else.
Yeah max Gobgob and Symbiosa then any extra for prespic hair.
0 0
Score : 3009

Does Animal Guard work?
When I used it in OB it didnt seem to make my summons attack what ever hit me to trigger it.

0 0
Score : 1518
XelZeta|2012-03-30 22:35:20
Does Animal Guard work?
When I used it in OB it didnt seem to make my summons attack what ever hit me to trigger it.

I don't know about attacking the monster that hit you, but it does give the like +25 MP to your pet which is worth it for me (sometimes I'm far away from my pet). Also, pets do some hilarious things when thery have all those MP.
0 0
Score : 429
Ragutou9|2012-03-30 22:10:34
Why max Gobgob??
0 0
Score : 1698

Why wouldn't you not max gobgob?

0 0
TheSkyKing|2012-04-02 01:46:24
Why max Gobgob??
Max takes 2 AP, level 8 takes 3 AP and 1 WP.
0 0
Score : 342
Ragutou9|2012-04-02 03:14:55
TheSkyKing|2012-04-02 01:46:24
Why max Gobgob??
Max takes 2 AP, level 8 takes 3 AP and 1 WP.
I haven't felt the need to even summon my Gobgob in most situations solo or team play as a full summoner build. As a Dragon Osa I can see where the 3 levels worth of points will be worth it. Pure Earth summoner should probably skimp out and skip the 3rd level and maybe consider using Possession to control the wild AI in group battles. Also I cannot remember the last time I was out of WP... maybe in PVP where Pandas can toss you into -WP terrain.

I just can't pull my self to spend 15 points on a summon that isn't great for summoners besides being able to hold 5 pets. I find myself whipping or something else with the 2-3 AP not used on Gobgob.

Ragutou9: I respect your knowledge of the Osa class(hell I used your guide/videos to start my Osa), but I am curious if pure summoners would ever need 9 Gobgob... I haven't felt the urgency for it and right now I am pending usage on the leftover 15 points.
0 0

I only mentioned that because I kinda had the sense that Kysska might use dragon often or even sometimes, I guess I don't really see any need for Lv 9 Gobgob if you are pure summoner because if you are a good summoner then your pets shouldn't be dying which means you wouldn't need to use Gobgob to save them.

I guess that extra 1 AP might let you get an extra attack in on the same turn you use Gobgob to save your pet that almost dies.. but heh it's whatever.

0 0
Score : 342
Ragutou9|2012-04-03 10:01:31
I only mentioned that because I kinda had the sense that Kysska might use dragon often or even sometimes, I guess I don't really see any need for Lv 9 Gobgob if you are pure summoner because if you are a good summoner then your pets shouldn't be dying which means you wouldn't need to use Gobgob to save them.

I guess that extra 1 AP might let you get an extra attack in on the same turn you use Gobgob to save your pet that almost dies.. but heh it's whatever.
Ya I admit... when I face new mobs or try to be over zealous... I end up gobgobing my summon and taking the death instead lol... I treasure my summons! Yea I think 8 gobgob is enough to stack your pokedex smile Save the other 15 points into something else.. don't know what just yet... debating if gobball steak + possession might be a good way to approach the summoner build.
0 0
Respond to this thread