FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

How do they work now?

By Xorn January 25, 2011, 03:52:52

I've read the wiki, but it's hard to understand. Do they get to trap any monster they meet, and release them whenever they want, or can they only have a select few to choose from?
And when they catch them is it one use or do they keep the monster forever?
And they capture as many as they want, and have a potential library of monsters to choose from, or can they only hold so many?

0 0
Reactions 18
Score : 932

Ah, I completely forgot about this. When I played the first version of beta, I didn't really understand this and got bored after catching a Bow Meow/ the cat mob.
If anybody is playing the French beta at this moment, would you be kind enough to create an osa and see how it works? D: I'm really interested in Osas, I completely forgot about em for some reason.

0 0
Score : 1276

Who is "they"?

-Deividdomellow

0 0
Score : 1246

It's in the Osamados thread, I figured that would be self-explanatory.

0 0
Score : 1276

Ohhh ok.

-Deividdomellow

0 0
Score : 1514

V0.3 Osas are not available yet, but I can explain how they worked in v0.2 as it should be almost exactly the same.

Osas now work very similar to Pokemon trainers, so if you are a Pokemon fan you should love Osas. In order to capture a monster, the Osa must be of an equal or higher level than the monster he/she wishes to capture. At first, an Osa can only have one pet at a time, but by leveling a support spell they can increase that number up to five at a time. Once you capture a monster you keep it until you manually release it. Not all monsters can be captured, and those that can require "Leadership Points" to be summoned. An Osa can increase his or her Leadership Points using a Passive Support Spell or special equipment. weaker monsters such as a Piwi or Bow Meow only cost one Leadership Point to summon, while strong monsters like Buttor Toads which can summon even more toads cost 3 points. The amount of summons you can use at once depends on Leadership Points. For example, say you have five Leadership Points, three monsters that cost one Leadership Point, one monster that costs two, and one monster that costs three. You could summon the monster that costs three and either two of the monsters that cost one or the monster that costs two, or summon the monster that costs two and all three of the monsters that cost one. When a monster dies in combat, you get it back after the fight is over, much like WP (beware, your monsters will need time to heal).

Hopefully I covered everything and didn't confuse y'all too much, but Osas are a very complex class. tongue

0 0
Score : 2635

You might want to read the v0.2 guide for Osas on the EN forums, though remember, some things have changed since it was written.

0 0
Score : 932
LordNecroid|2011-01-25 06:01:46
V0.3 Osas are not available yet, but I can explain how they worked in v0.2 as it should be almost exactly the same.

Osas now work very similar to Pokemon trainers, so if you are a Pokemon fan you should love Osas. In order to capture a monster, the Osa must be of an equal or higher level than the monster he/she wishes to capture. At first, an Osa can only have one pet at a time, but by leveling a support spell they can increase that number up to five at a time. Once you capture a monster you keep it until you manually release it. Not all monsters can be captured, and those that can require "Leadership Points" to be summoned. An Osa can increase his or her Leadership Points using a Passive Support Spell or special equipment. weaker monsters such as a Piwi or Bow Meow only cost one Leadership Point to summon, while strong monsters like Buttor Toads which can summon even more toads cost 3 points. The amount of summons you can use at once depends on Leadership Points. For example, say you have five Leadership Points, three monsters that cost one Leadership Point, one monster that costs two, and one monster that costs three. You could summon the monster that costs three and either two of the monsters that cost one or the monster that costs two, or summon the monster that costs two and all three of the monsters that cost one. When a monster dies in combat, you get it back after the fight is over, much like WP (beware, your monsters will need time to heal).

Hopefully I covered everything and didn't confuse y'all too much, but Osas are a very complex class. tongue

That's how I remember it, except the leadership points.

Thank you LordNecroid :3 Really herpful. biggrin
0 0

That was a little harder to get near the end, but I got it all in the end.
Many thanks for taking the time to write all that.

0 0

Thanks [Knonaut], I didn't know about that topic. smile

I'm glad I could help. biggrin

0 0
Score : 788

I loved my Osa in V2, by lvl 50 I could summon three tree monsteres who then summoned their own fat spiders while i just threw crows at the opponent, it awesome but I hate to say it that Osas definitely needed to be nerf a bit

0 0

That would work on some classes, but those that could AoE or use Unsummon techniques would have a field day. Or those that had spells that weren't LoS...

0 0
Score : 2635
Xorn|2011-01-25 18:59:30
That would work on some classes, but those that could AoE or use Unsummon techniques would have a field day. Or those that had spells that weren't LoS...
While those are theoretically "good tactics", the problem was not about hitting the summoner. It was simply overwhelming force. With those creatures, it was multiple high-damage attacks, stun effects, -MP or -AP effects... before you or the Osa even made their own attack. Even one of those monsters would be a pain for a level 50.

Oh, and no unsummon spells. Those are too context-specific to really work with the "level as you use" system.
0 0

That's why you kill the Osa before they can summon. *cough*Feca*cough*

0 0
Score : 4

Really looking forward to this class. Seems they made the summoner even more fun to play than in the regular Dofus.

0 0

It appears I have but one choice. Once the Osamoda is finally a class we are allowed to play, I will create...
A Bow Meow Army!! Muhahahaha!
I just think it would be funny to have 5 kittens running around the battlefield...

0 0
Score : 4296

It's actually kinda fun to keep a really weak monster in your arsenal, to take out when an opponent is left with only a few HP. It's sort of an insult to kill them with a tofu or a piwi or something. ^__^

0 0

You never played a Tofu based build in Dofus did you?
Probably the most annoying class to play against, as killing all the tofus (which only get stronger) takes effort and/or luck. That and 5 tofus is just time-consuming tongue

0 0
Score : 4296

Oh man, I always hated to fight beside Osas in Dofus. Tofus everywhere, taking forever to finish up their turns. I recall a looooong fight against the old Minotoror with several Osas spamming summons... blargh. ^__^

But I'm only suggesting that people keep one low-level monster just to cherry tap opponents to finish them with style. ^__^

0 0
Respond to this thread