FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Class Revamp 2020 - Osamodas

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - December 13, 2019, 16:00:00
Reactions 144
Score : 59

I am going to give a suggestion, as they are going to reform the osamodas they could change the design or the aesthetics of its dragonic form since in my personal opinion it is quite ugly, it is a hybrid between dragon and human very horrible.

My suggestion is that in its dragonic form it be a full dragon (somewhat like a dofus) or one more design like that of stasis tainted mimi.

16 -5
Score : 7949

Yeah, thats a legit request.

They should stick to a full dragon appearence (they did a very good job with Ouginak's werewolf form) or a Human-like form with dragon characteristics (like Mimi). The current one looks unorganized (?) and, as I can see, the impossibility of the team to make larger tails makes it more weird.

8 0
Score : 268

been reading and I want to say that I disagree what they're trying to do. In Dofus lore, Osamodas god was one fo the strongest gods out there and now we are gonna be support characters and "ok" damage? why not just give us op support and so-so damage if you guys are going to do that. its hard enough finding players to play with to do dungeons but those that have level 200+ osas are now going to be in a really bad situation. Most will lose a dps , i think if class is going to change, it should be reworked and not changed from one role to another role.... just my 2 cents.

3 -2
Score : 3900

Because you are a summoner, unlike other supports you have the power to be a support to your summon, making it a stronger damage dealer

2 -4
Score : 3372
Copy pasting what I wrote in another thread here for better visibility.

I have no trust in Ankama's way of handling this kind of big class changes. It is like changing a Dark Knight (which is a tank class) to a healer in Final Fantasy XIV (The equilavant of changing a Sacrier to an Eniripsa). These suggested changes are too big, I hate the idea that my damage dealer becomes a support class as if we don't have enough of those already.
You talk about class balance to justify these changes, and yet I don't see you ever changing core gameplay of your beloved classes such as Sacrier and Iop like this ever, and they have always been overpowered. They are allowed to be overpowered, meanwhile Osa has seen many nerfs and changes over the years in name of balance, why is that?

Since you never listen to your player base and are adamant with murdering Osa, at least give us a class change scroll after you implement these changes.

I understand that you (Ankama) are struggling with balancing the summons for this class, but instead of embracing that struggle (which is your job as a developer) and finding a way to balance the summons (which you have been able to until now) you want go the easist way and change the class entirely.

Honestly (I might quit the game forever and never look back after this), I am really disheartened to play the game when these changes are applied. I love my Osa and have been playing this game on and off since beta. I am an Osa main since the very first day this class came out in Beta, I remember the excitement I had that day. Fast forward to this day, you have changed this class so many times over the years that I have lost count, we are not an overpowered class neither the weakest. Other than giving earth spells some love the class needs only minor tweaks/changes here and there, not these suggested ridiculous changes which will change the core gameplay of this class.

5 -5
Score : 1109

Please change the appearance of the dragon QAQ. And the sound effects + animations in the spells are almost the same with one another. I wonder which of the remaining 3 classes is next for revamp QAQ.

3 0
Score : 13

I am looking forward to this rework, I do love the idea of capturing monsters, but 90% of them dont have all their skills or just can't be captured. And also when your lowered your stuck with a select few (in my opinion, mostly rubbish summons) and stats stuck In Healing mastery for some reason, I never look forward to doing at level stasis runs with my osa, I think this rework will be good and give us the customisation to make osa special and fun but also balanced. can't wait to see more.
​​​​​​

3 -2
Score : 4930

I am also up for a change in the dragon osamodas' appearance. The current dragon-mode osamodas looks pretty... ridiculous. As mentioned, it would be much better to either have a full dragon look, or keeping human appearance but with dragonic characteristics (such as having dragon wings and tail but retaining human appearance, for example). 

Also, another point I want to mention is about the current summons. One of the main reasons the current summons die extremely fast is also because of the fact that their elemental resistances are fixed. As a result, most summons tend to have abysmally low elemental resistances when summoned, causing them to die extremely fast. 

One suggestion for this could be to allow the summon to have a percentage of the osamodas' elemental resistances, for example 80 or 90% of all the osamodas' resistances, similar to how sadidas' doll resistances work. 

One final point I want to mention is about the summons that osamodas have in Adjustable Level System. In Adjustable Level System, osamodas are stuck with a fixed 5 summons that the game chooses for you, and 80% of the time 4 out of 5 of those summons are useless/too weak to be useable. I feel this aspect really should be reworked as well, currently I really don't look forward to playing summoner-osamodas in Adjustable Level System. 

5 0
Score : 51

I agree about dragon form looking riddiculous.I absolutely love dragons and that "thing" is NOT a dragon.It looks more like dried lizard attached to a bat.

Second thing I want to mention is summons skills.I am currently lvl 23 so maybe i dont know something yet but for example gobball war chief stuns with his dash so why isn't summon gobball war chief's dash doing anything except dmg.Also i had one more osa character in the past and i had piwi summons and i remember them having an useless skill(i think it was the one used for merging piwis together).I really really want summons to have skills that always do something.Beyond that i saw a picture in google where osa merged with their summon to become something like dhrelzerker(i dont know how this word is spelled XD).If devs decided to put that into the game i would be delighted.

Then the last thing is spell animation.They are all like "POOF!smoke and farts." while new feca has godly spell animations (especially earth spells).

TLDR:make dragon form look good, change spell animations and make summons do more things/merge with their owner.

1 0

AmaterasuuIII|2020-10-30 18:16:16
I agree about dragon form looking riddiculous.I absolutely love dragons and that "thing" is NOT a dragon.It looks more like dried lizard attached to a bat.

Second thing I want to mention is summons skills.I am currently lvl 23 so maybe i dont know something yet but for example gobball war chief stuns with his dash so why isn't summon gobball war chief's dash doing anything except dmg.Also i had one more osa character in the past and i had piwi summons and i remember them having an useless skill(i think it was the one used for merging piwis together).I really really want summons to have skills that always do something.Beyond that i saw a picture in google where osa merged with their summon to become something like dhrelzerker(i dont know how this word is spelled XD).If devs decided to put that into the game i would be delighted.

Then the last thing is spell animation.They are all like "POOF!smoke and farts." while new feca has godly spell animations (especially earth spells).

TLDR:make dragon form look good, change spell animations and make summons do more things/merge with their owner.

The osa merging with their summon is from Dofus I believe, it's pronounced drhellzerker and according to the krosmaga lore, the process of merging with stuff is called communing and it is a dangerous secret tehnique that only osamodas, enutrofs and sacriers use.
0 -1

cody5|2020-10-30 19:51:23

The osa merging with their summon is from Dofus I believe, it's pronounced drhellzerker and according to the krosmaga lore, the process of merging with stuff is called communing and it is a dangerous secret tehnique that only osamodas, enutrofs and sacriers use.

But what do sacriers commune with xd

0 0
Score : 7949

Maybe with other people when they use Sacrifice

0 0

AmaterasuuIII|2020-11-01 12:25:20

cody5|2020-10-30 19:51:23

But what do sacriers commune with xd

Their tattoos, for the other two it's dangerous to be fused for too long as their minds start to fuse toether as well, but for sacriers it's fine since the tatoos are both non-sentient as well as made from their own blood.
That's what allows their tatoos to detach from their skin to hit or pull enemies.
0 -1

Probably no chance but i would like to have different horns.Dear Ankama not everyone wants to have 2 giant pimples on the sides of their head. (tongue)

1 0

I wish we would have diferent horns with diferent hairstyles, like oginaks have diferent ears and masquaraiders have different masks

0 -1
Score : -20

Hello, do we know WHEN the new osa will actually be brought into the game? I mean, there are less than 2 months left until the end of the year for this 'class revamp 2020'. As for the content, I hope we will be able to make our summon healer and / or support. That's how I would most likely want to play this new osa.

0 -2

Xelor will be first patch next year, osamodas the one after that

0 0
Score : 3372

I still very much dislike the suggested Osa changes.
But I do want a couple of other changes and options that are already mentioned earlier in this thread:

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

Rudaka|2020-07-06 19:00:32
I am going to give a suggestion, as they are going to reform the osamodas they could change the design or the aesthetics of its dragonic form since in my personal opinion it is quite ugly, it is a hybrid between dragon and human very horrible.

My suggestion is that in its dragonic form it be a full dragon (somewhat like a dofus) or one more design like that of stasis tainted mimi.

Like I said above, I want dragon osa's to look more akin to 'Stasis tainted Mimi'

But alongside that appearance I also want this:

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

AmaterasuuIII|2020-11-08 15:06:08

Probably no chance but i would like to have different horns.Dear Ankama not everyone wants to have 2 giant pimples on the sides of their head. (tongue)
I want to add that I would like to see Great Conjurer costume being visible (the headpiece specifically) when an osa transforms into dragon form. And it would be even better if dragon osa's get to keep those beautiful big yellow horns from that costume when they transform while wearing the costume.
0 0
Respond to this thread