Score : 63

I swear if you guys remove capture mech im quiting the game. angry

Edit: i change my mind, customize pet doesnt sound bad

1 -1
Score : 4856

You can still capture them, but they will all have the same spells

5 -1
Score : 115

Just to give additional feedback to this thread, it would be good for the GobGob summon to have (-MP/-AP or even -WP) spells because boss control is important for some dungeons. A spell to invert the effects of spells or their elemental damage type also would be good as a way to do consistent damage or make situational spells more useful. It would be neat to customize what the normal and inverted effect would be considering the simple premise of the GobGob spells (healing/melee/ranged spell) akin to what Protoflex or Flame Knight has with their melee/ranged spells having minor side effects.

0 0

You will be able to modify your gobgob with passives, but you won't be able to change him mid-fight as much anymore.

Also you will have controll draining spells whih will weaken boss summons.

0 -1
Score : 167

Will Osa be retaining the option of Animal Link support for this new protector role you're beginning to focus on? I've always been a great fan of the offensive support Osa, using AoE damage spells to buff melee allies and still assist with ddamage.

0 0

I assume so, since they want osas to be more of a damage-support class, so if not there will definetly be some more support builds for osa

1 -1
Score : -10

Hi there,

I have been playing since the alpha, i ended up pampering an osamodas since then.

I love the pokemon feeling, trying to make friends with cute or powerful mobs.

I more recently invested a lot of k into a earth dragon build, like transforming into an almighty dragon and whipping mobs with powerful zone spells.

Feels like all this reworks will make my long hard earned stuff to become useless, the gameplay way more plain and boring...

I usually have long periods of leave from the game. Not sure if i will stick around if i feel like my character is not enjoyeable to play anymore and if all the time i spent to get a stuff that supports my earth crit berserk playstyle goes to waste.

I didnt mind grinding srsly 2 years on the osa, i just care about ankama making me looks like a fool.

1 -2

you can still be a dragon with a whip but instead of having many pets, you will be more like ash with his pikachu

1 -3
Score : -8

just a big, fat and absolute NO. you can't ruin the osamodas by making them a damn generic summoner. just give us more summons or all of them.

3 -4

Well now you can have a summon that does anything from lvl 1 forward, but just 1 thing per fight

1 0
Score : 9215

this rework is going to make osa one of the most expressive classes in the game. not only can you choose your own skin for your partner, but you also choose what it's good at and customise yourself and your partner through 20 to 30 passives? that's a lot of freedom. honestly this class could be anything after the rework. it'll continue to be a damage dealer if you build it that way, but i can build mine to be a healer, someone else can build theirs to be a tank, and then there's that new "protector" role that they talked about?

exciting stuff. hopefully not every passive is so barebones as the examples, though. there's only so few slots to actually equip them.

3 0

According to what the devs said, their roles will be damage dealer and support

0 -1
Score : 5862

At first, it was kind of saddening to see the Capture System (something that has been in the game since the Beta) but seeing the expectations for the class it truly looks promissing.

I like the idea of generic summons if they can be customized, kind of reminds me to Waven's Osamodas where you have to evolve the monster. I've always see the class and the summon as in a Symbiosis state and this would also help to balance the class itself: You could have a strong monster at your disposal at the cost of your own ressources (masteries, hp, resistances, etc), it would also make the class more strategic. Maybe add a feature where the closer the summons are to the summoner on the battelfield, more benefits they get.

What if the Capture System got replaced by a Learning System? What if the Osamodas (being the master of beasts as they are) could learn certain spells from certain monsters to use them in battle? Maybe 2 or 3 could be stored in the current Summon Box or maybe they could only be used during the battle. It could be an interesting mechanic that would let the Osamodas to "keep in toch" (?) with the monsters around them.

I don't play Osamodas but I'm excited to see what happens.

2 0
Score : 9215

i did have a thought about a possible "archetype" system, where your gobgob slots are instead styles of summon.

you could have a healer style, melee style, ranged style, tank style, and mobility/positioning style. each one would have its own spread of stats, its own unique spells, and its own appearance. like how all of the sadida dolls are customised in stat and appearance to do a job.

but that doesn't seem to match up with what's currently planned, so i didn't think that suggesting it would be useful. i'd like to see more information and more planning so that i can give feedback that matters to the dev's vision of the class rather than just what i want.

2 0
Score : 98

I don't really like the idea of having only one summon, as the versatility of this class is something I enjoyed from the start. 
Also I built my osa as DD, not as support. I'd be annoyed if it became a support class now, as I'd have to change all gear and stats... would probably then give up and main another class tbh.

3 -1

It will still be a strong DD in dragon mode

2 -2
Score : 2933

cody5|2020-03-22 19:11:09
It will still be a strong DD in dragon mode

Which is a restriction. I love the fact that I'm a decent DD as a summoner Osa, and dragon Osa is just cherry on top.

These changes will change that entirely. Besides, it is still not a good excuse for those who spent lots of kamas and time to gear their character, no matter how you want to spin it. If I were an end game character myself I would quit as well.
3 -2
Score : 834

I'm very interested in a revamp Idea for the class if it means less work for you guys, but not at the cost of everything the Class is, I do hope the class won't come out weaker than it was before from this.

Though this also raises the question of already established Osa such as myself on how good or bad it will affect us, there's our role, our grinded gear and the time we devoted to make the class work, I just hope it comes out better than worse.

-----

Also on another note are you guys planning on having us have more than one summon again the class, since it's still under development I'd like it if it was under consideration smile

2 -1
Score : 4636

Osamodas really should get an overall improvement through this class rework tbh. Any further hidden/ninja nerfs via this new rework on the current Osamodas would pretty much send this class to the grave. You already don't see much Osamodas in endgame dungeon rankings currently, simply because there are other classes that can perform its roles better. 

Also on the topic, I hope that at some point in the future you will consider re-implementing a reworked multiple-summons Osamodas, thus allowing the class to summon more than 1 creature onto the field.

10 0

Yeah I agree.

I doubt multiple summons will make a return, we already have multisummons on sadida and you see how annoying that is.

3 -2
Score : 77

cody5|2019-12-16 23:04:06
"making them weak like all the others"
Afaik, that's what we call game balance.

Also if only 1 or 2 summons are viable, why not just replace the system with a few premade properly balanced summons?

Man, Osamodas is the most free class in the game. I could be lvl 195 and still using a chafer if I want (there is the word: "choice"). If Ankama make the Wakfu's Osamodas be the same of the Dofus's Osamodas, sorry but I'll just stop playing. I'm playing Wakfu not Dofus.
2 0

What's dofus osamodas like?

1 -2
Score : -253

How the hell argument that "there is not much osamodas at end game dungeon ranking" can be valid? It's just stupid. That doesn't mean anything. 

0 -8
Score : 110

How the hell a comment that says someone else's argument is not valid without putting out his own argument can be valid? It's just stupid. This above comment means nothing. 

7 0
Score : 257

What's wrong with you people ?! That's exactly why wakfu is dying as a game!
Osamodas really do need a revamp just not like this! Catching the monsters is what makes this class exceptional! AS IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SUMMONING CLASS! Osamodas already suffer from their summons not having full potential when captured or sometimes some spells are not working anymore for some creatures, and now THAT ?! I recently just came back to wakfu after almost 10 years of not playing and this is why I primarily left... just bad organization overall and the revamps do not make sense anymore. At this point, it's useless to continue playing. 

Have a nice day.
An ex osamodas/wakfu player.

4 -3
Score : 160

Capturing wild creatures was the one feature I used to hype this game up to my friends and persuade them to play. Oof man. Big oof. Speccing in dragon Osamodas because I don't expect the summons to be fun anymore.

0 0

Really depends on the upcomming control stat rework

0 0
Score : 99

Will it be possible to make your summon have the skin of dungeon bosses? 

edit: imagine summoning your monster and it has ogrest skin mellow

1 0
Score : 4845

doubtful for any 3x3 boss like orgest but it would be a sight for sure i would prefer Norgord XD

3 0
Score : 11517

Firstly I wanna say that I'm not osamodas main myself, I enjoyed playing osa and I have osa alt on 180lvl+. Tho I played with osas at some point both in the pve as well as many variants of pvp osas.

It might be too late for my words to change the foggernaut, probably too late to make my opinion influence the next feca update. But I hope I provide feedback early enough to insure nice update for osamodas, cos that class truly need some fresh touch.

The class nowadays have 3 popular ways of playing: backstabber, brutality, support. To not screw ppl builds like it happen with me personally with foggernaut I just ask to leave the core aspects of the class and work on execution. Don't make something like happened with fogger, don't suddenly push the class to have dozens of wakfu points, or implement some non matching and not fully polished archetypes like tanko/locker massacre that don’t have enough kit support to even work in even semi competitive or casual play.

To make the update successful it's not really needed to change everything, but to keep character familiar with what it used to be but with the mechanics that will fit into design u want to lead game to. So if the players already have backstab builds, don't take away the bwork spell and summon type similar to ratler/roxor, if they have brutality then don't cut the amount of the aoes already existing, if they are going support be sure that u leave them abilities that will compensate the lack of such mvps like wabbit shawpshootew, kokocleric or doublehead dregger.

It’s not really worth to make 20 passives if half of them will have such huge drawback u wont use them unless really highly specific case. Don’t push passives that will allow the class to work for any role in game. Class specifics and role allocation is needed for players to have clarity of gameplay. Stick on basis u already have, on playstyles your players already enjoy and let them rediscover these archetypes in new skin. That way even if you will get rid of all of summons that will surely make many ppl upset, at least u will give ppl the chance of getting into new class not take away their hopes.

Personally I love the supporting aspect of the osamodas and I would really want it to be good enough to let me either replace my eniripsa from time to time or as the first informations about osamodas said to replace the my debuffer enutrof. Personally I love the teams that exchange the eni with osa, since eniripsa its the safety net, when u do mistakes it saves your life, when u playing well u bring it just for trans and regenerator rest of character is basically wasted. The osamodas was amazing middleground, class that thanks to doublehead dregger were able to shield and heal the allies, buff them, grant backstab for the team as well as deal some additional dmg. It was a nice hybrid with a lot of flavor in it.

To sum up, stick to basics that u have already created, make them interesting and unique. U don’t need to create another character that will set up for few turns to nuke and cycle that thru entire room. Lack of the dozens of summons will upset all osamodas players surely, but it’s up to you how well u will compensate it with the solid well planned character design.

U get 1 star from me for foggernaut, that doesn't mean I hate what you doing. Redesigns are needed in that game. Changes are what push game forwards. Do it with class and respect towards players and most of players will appreciate it. Stay focused, and remember about the last important thing, even if you as the developer team have other idea on what wakfu gameplay and strategies should looks like, if you are against or pro fast clearing in rooms, don’t go tanukoui’s testicool deep into it, without slow transition into new systems to allow players adapt naturally. Changing all classes for setup-nuke type and slowing down game isn't the way if the changes about dungeon mechanics, stasis lvl system, and other characters won’t go alongside. And we all know that wakfu development is slow with patches once per 3 months, now due coronacrash they seem to be even more slowed down. The game u have in mind might not become a real thing for year or even more, and meanwhile ppl are left in game with character that don't make them fully develop and stay competitive and at the same time don’t give them the fun from playing and achieving their goals.

Thank you to everyone that withstood to end of that wall of text. Waiting with fingers crossed for more osamodas informations,

Regards,
Percy

7 -1

I expected another "ankama ruined my wakfu" type rant, but actually all the points are quite valid.
Personally I doubt the next rework will be another setup-burst type, they just made 2 because there was a lack of them in the current meta. And I would argue fogger isn't really beurst but a mommentum based class (tho if fights last 4 turns max, that's really a moot point).
I wish osamodas would be the next revamp, because it sounds really fun, but I guess we have to see feca first.

1 0
Respond to this thread