FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Class Revamp 2020 - Osamodas

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - December 13, 2019, 16:00:00
Reactions 123

Hello,

There was a Live on the 18/12. We wanted to focus on your feedbacks and give your some answers, as well as giving some more information on our vision.

Osamodas

We wanted to check the reactions from the community first, which is why we didn’t go deep into what the class would be able to actually do. The idea is definitely to give a LOT of possibilities for your Gobgob.

Let’s put it that way : The Gobgob starts the fight with 2-3 classical spells. One melee damage spell, one range damage spell, one support spell that gives a small armor or some resistance. You will be able to unlock a « spell set » during the fight on your summon, for example a healer spell set.

You will be able to switch between roles during the fight : « omg now my summon needs to deal some fat damage, here we go. » and next turn « wait, karen and bob are in trouble, i should switch my summon to the tank mode to lock my enemies and keep them from reaching them… ».

This kind of « job » will need you to have chosen passives that give somewhat generic bonuses to your summon. Being versatile is costly so you won’t be as efficient as if you were specializing in only one of the roles.

You can find the whole summary of what we said during the live, as well as a link to the english part of the live here : Click here

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks,

Siu.
Score : 96

Will the Dressage system still be in place?

If control is revamped into 10% dmg/heals and 50 resist for summons, then I imagine it won't have anything to do with something like Dressage anymore right?

0 0
Score : 3068

I can't believe the amount of "excuses" you guys are willing to come up for Ankama.

What's wrong with majority of you?
If it's difficult to implement "balance" in the future that is on Ankama, your sub is going to them, they are getting paid to work on content and keep the game alive.
Seriously, they already come up with excuses to basically "nerf" this class, and you all go: "Yeah ok, it will be difficult for you guys in the future to balance summons. It makes sense". I am amazed by this logic and disgusted too to be honest.

We don't pay them so they can fiddle around with their thumps during their work.

Unbelievable.

2 -5
Score : 1161

I wish the capture mechanic could stay bit longer, but it looks like that is not going to be the case, I made a post in the Spanish forum with a "rework" idea for keeping that mechanic in a more "afordable" way for the developers, if someone is interested I could translate that to post English, and post it here or in the Class Forum

1 0
Score : 212

Karakedi|2019-12-18 22:01:59
I can't believe the amount of "excuses" you guys are willing to come up for Ankama.

What's wrong with majority of you?
If it's difficult to implement "balance" in the future that is on Ankama, your sub is going to them, they are getting paid to work on content and keep the game alive.
Seriously, they already come up with excuses to basically "nerf" this class, and you all go: "Yeah ok, it will be difficult for you guys in the future to balance summons. It makes sense". I am amazed by this logic and disgusted too to be honest.

We don't pay them so they can fiddle around with their thumps during their work.

Unbelievable.

Sigh. If it's too difficult and complicated to balance that hurts the players. The reason for this change is to allow them to balance and tweak Osamodas more easily and efficiently. This allows the player to have a class that's well balanced and fun to play. It will be way less time consuming on the developers and thus making new content for us come faster and have better quality. The logic is sound. What you should be disgusted at is the very little time you took to really understand how much work the current Osamodas takes to balance and make new content for. You do realize this game isn't just about one class, right? Pokemon is a dedicated game, even then they have balance issues and the game was MADE for capturing pets and fighting them. Wakfu isn't all about that. Osamodas is one of what, eighteen classes? Seriously, all you did was whine while contributing nothing to anything. Unbelievable.
7 -2
Score : 3068

I already said on the past page that I am not happy with the changes they are suggesting. I don't have to come up with idea's on how to "change" the class so it "works better for Ankama". I don't work for them, I pay them to be able to play my favorite class and the content they come up with. The changes they are suggesting are big, as Vndroks said on the previous page I dislike such big changes.

Currently the class is an offensive class majorly and they want to change it into support class. Through the years this class has had its relatively big changes already, they could build unto the class as it currently is. They could make it possible to make us catch more than just their usual 1 or 2 monster per family and build further from that. 1 of the monster could be offensive, 1 support like crowd control, 1 support like healing, etc. These are just idea's from the top of my head. This way the class would keep the "pokemon" playstyle but would have more options. They should also expand more on the Earth elemental tree, currently it is underused and could use some love.

You give them the excuse that they have eighteen classes which they need to balance. Most other gaming companies that care about their customers would rather balance their current classes first before coming up with more classes. I know SE does it, Ankama can do it too if they really wanted it, again they're getting paid for it.

1 -5
Score : 4711

Ooh, idea:

What if we could use our pets as a gobgob skin? I mean most of them are reskins of existing monsters already so they already have animations.

1 -1

I think that was the idea already.

EDIT: "Monsters in the ecosystem (not all!) can be captured in order to learn their appearances and apply them to the Summons." - Taken from the devblog class revamp page.

1 0

Karakedi|2019-12-19 00:19:16
I already said on the past page that I am not happy with the changes they are suggesting. I don't have to come up with idea's on how to "change" the class so it "works better for Ankama". I don't work for them, I pay them to be able to play my favorite class and the content they come up with. The changes they are suggesting are big, as Vndroks said on the previous page I dislike such big changes.

Currently the class is an offensive class majorly and they want to change it into support class. Through the years this class has had its relatively big changes already, they could build unto the class as it currently is. They could make it possible to make us catch more than just their usual 1 or 2 monster per family and build further from that. 1 of the monster could be offensive, 1 support like crowd control, 1 support like healing, etc. These are just idea's from the top of my head. This way the class would keep the "pokemon" playstyle but would have more options. They should also expand more on the Earth elemental tree, currently it is underused and could use some love.

You give them the excuse that they have eighteen classes which they need to balance. Most other gaming companies that care about their customers would rather balance their current classes first before coming up with more classes. I know SE does it, Ankama can do it too if they really wanted it, again they're getting paid for it.

Ok, why don't you like it? They said that the class will get damage, but also offer opportunity to play support. It's not an excuse, it's the fact of the matter. Even Pokemon has generic abilities, if you've ever played the game. Individual skill sets are very hard to upkeep, which is how Osamodas currently is. Pokemon doesn't even approach this the way you are suggesting because it just isn't feasible. On the first page, I suggested a way to keep pets unique while maintaining a simplistic design which is in fact, more similar to how Pokemon is. Base stats that affect the generic skills that can be used. What has been said, if you've been paying attention, is Osamodas will keep it's versatility in that it can both damage and support, however a decision will be made by the player to focus on either or.
0 -1
Score : 9016

Karakedi|2019-12-19 00:19:16

This is a company where the amount of Game Designers they have can be listed on one hand (3 GD's iirc).
Osamodas has also been a Off DD for the majority of its life, providing more of a support role for several years
I get that ankama works to provide a gameplay experience for us so that we want to play the game, we indeed dont work for ankama

But your comments are close minded, selfish and outright unreasonable
Do you not have any understanding of the sheer effort required to rework an add to a class every single major area patch or update?
Do you realise how hard it is to balance multiple new monsters for PvP and PvE scenarios?

Clearly you dont so let me list off some Exploits/Bugs this class has caused
(dates are rough estimates)

2017: Badgeroxxor is released but its passive isnt deactivated, it reflects all incoming damage that isnt a backstab and returns it at a 300% increased level, players exploit this and use it on the recently released Nogord UB to make it lose half of its 1million hp in less than 4 turns
Roxxor goes through nearly 4 nerfs in the coming days

2018: Battlefields are here introducing lower level ranges for pvp, osamodas dominates the level 80 category as the dubbed "ratroxxor" summon demolishes hp pools in 1 turn, a rat summon made around early 2015 comes back to bite the developers 

2016-17(not sure):Als is here and osa dominates every single level range below 110, teams of 6 osas take the leaderboards 1st place due to enormous damage potential caused by either unbalanced summons or just the fact that Osa gets a summon making the output of 6 osa's, effectively 12 players in a dungeon

2014-15: Moon meta days, some guy finds out the red piwi summon(yes, astrub) is bugged! and proceeds spead the news and farm moon dungeons as IT INSTANTLY KILLS WHATEVER IT WANTS, INCLUDING THE BOSS
Servers get rolled back and deeply distresses the community

Thats all the ones i can list off the top of my head, numerous summons even today have deactivated spells on their spell bar because they either broke or were extremely abuseable, with the player demand and Ankama team demands for new content, GD's simply dont have the time to fix them

This rework was not only long overdue but the removal of capturing 30%-40% of ingame monsters was also VERY necessary
7 -2
Score : 9314

Exactly. I understand people wanting Osa to be like a pokemon master, so do I, but it's just unrealistic unless the whole game would focus on it, they just cant balance it out with such a small team. I'd rather have the game to be a bit smaller but more balanced and polished than huge but with reworks of the whole game every year. I honestly think than Ankama really cares for their games and do their best, but they overestimate what they can do, so they always go too far with their ideas and then they have to back out of it, annoying the players.

0 0

OhkeTek|2019-12-18 23:22:51
I think that was the idea already.

EDIT: "Monsters in the ecosystem (not all!) can be captured in order to learn their appearances and apply them to the Summons." - Taken from the devblog class revamp page.

Um no? I said PETS, not monsters.
0 -1

Oh you mean like mini-pets? I think more skin options from creatures in the environment is good for now. Being able to capture almost any creature for cosmetic reasons only will give way to a lot more options.

0 0
Score : -5

they don't want our feedback if they did the changes would not happen the osa will be nothing and more it seems like this game only wants support charters no damage charters what fun is that not.i am so tired of ppl  saying osa are to powerful  they need a change not,this game really sucks anymore.

they don't want our feedback if they did the changes would not happen the osa will be nothing and more it seems like this game only wants support charters no damage charters what fun is that not.i am so tired of ppl  saying osa are to powerful  they need a change not,this game really sucks anymore.

1 -1
Score : -2314

well im happy ,i will see others are screaming "this class has got broken gameplay".
maybe you will understand me soon or maybe not

0 -3
Score : 1490

Will osa still have a backstab spell?

0 0

OhkeTek|2019-12-19 18:53:58
Oh you mean like mini-pets? I think more skin options from creatures in the environment is good for now. Being able to capture almost any creature for cosmetic reasons only will give way to a lot more options.

Well I mean yeah capturing wild creatures definitely gives more options, but imagine if your summon had the skin of your pet, so the creatures you can recolour and dress up, that follow you around outside of battle would be the same one that you summon in battle to fight for you.
It would be like walking around with your pokemon in pokemon gold and silver.
2 -1
Score : 115

nah won't happen too much effort for ankama sleep

2 -1
Score : 40

I changed my mind about the revamp for this year of 2020... i would love to keep Osamodas the way as it was in 2019 smile 
Cause if they take away of what makes Osamodas an OP class than i would be very disappointed not to mention very upset

2 -1

Honestly "wanting to keep things OP" isn't a constructive mindset

2 -2
Score : 1257

this kind of game refresh is totally wrong Ankama  ...first make work what game already have . Is really annoying how the company destroy all characters advance changing and changing  with no other real objetive than  make people change class or stop playing . Is frustraiting for all to keep changing sets already hard to get , overpowered is just any who have the kamas for it  ...but in my opinion Ankama will never get serious on the balancing classes because forcing all players to change class is the buisness.

Do what you want Ankama, it always never fit for all of us .... for this class osamoda is a the sixth nerf now from this 5 years playing  to make them a weak support instead of a damage dealer  ...
Make them as feca if the focus is damager then a decent damager if the focus is support a good support if the focus  so theres just 2 options for osamoda as  always being a damager in dragon form or be a good support in normal form ... im afraid they will just destroy the dragon form !
so maybe the right question may be  , when ankama will change those classes descriptions  for once and for all because in my opinion if the company state at the start that a class is a damager or a tank or such  is just so mediochre  changing it  in the time missrespecting the advance in the game people is paying for play .

well Suspect my complaints are legit  man ... 
1. im afraid they will do the same as they destroy rogues  ...how? 
im totally sure they will destroy the dragon form 
2. is so wrong destroying classes already working for years 
3. balancing is just matter of good maths applied to the code and buff or nerf actual capabillities of each class
4. new system requires now maybe triple effort to make your endgame set perfect
5. the advance in game for each person is already hard to just come out forcing you change class when you already ok with your main damager or character 
6. missrespect  is making gamers feel more losers than already we all are playing a game that  every new developer that come out with new ideas destroy all that time invested on the game 

have fun and sorry for my bad english 

Goug

srry i replied on other comment

Pd : actual summons are not a mess(they instead of nerf the summon roxxor  should nerf the monster in zinit ..to make sense ...is like a stasis -5 roxxor now) at all the problem is Ankama always focus on make few content relevant and time to time just change their mind on the next relevant content ....
thats why overpower players will always prefer change class for the new relevant damager ...
in my opinion all classes should be able to make any content but this sound too general and poor in marketing (how we can make players pay more for in-game with ogrines )

2 -1
Score : 9016

I didnt quite understand all the comments
But Osa has always been primarily a support?
It can:

Ap buff
Mp buff
Crit% buff
Dmg% Buff
Resist Buff
Push allies
Provide backstab for the entire team
Teleport allies
Remove critical resist
Heal allies (with summons)
Shield allies (with summons)
Remove Mp (with summons)
Remove Ap (with summons)
Remove resist

and a lot more that i dont have time to list

But not only that it has easy access to two of the strongest +mastery sublimations in the game, with Anatomy and Brutality, so it can be an incredible support and also an amazing damage dealer

So yeah, i dont get your complaints about Osa being turned into a support, because it has always been a support, it isnt changing its role at all with this rework

1 -6
Score : 1490

Hello ankama, let me ask again...Will Osa Still Have Bwork?

cody5|2020-01-09 17:43:42
Do you mean specifically a spell called bwork, or do you just mean a way to turn enemies around?

A way to turn enemies around. I'm asking if anatomy osa will still be a thing.
0 0

Do you mean specifically a spell called bwork, or do you just mean a way to turn enemies around?

0 0
Score : 1257

hi again 

Well Suspect , in 6 years playing i see my osa got nerfed  many times also is one of the most classes nerfed in those years,  maybe if was your main character your comments against this class change  ...
yes is a support in support mode and yes a is a damager in dragon form that is already working , so why change?
this mediochre way of being a summoner that developers are thinking is so against the freedom in game of a summoner is like Sacris cant sacrifice hole team but just 1 character .... being emphatic is what we can do as players agaisnt a company that lacks of emphaty ,when talking about playing a fun game .
i wish every class optimized and not nerfed feel .... is just short-minded and mediochre thinking ... be great start looking all around great and maximized...brings happiness
rogues just as bombers when class describe them as anime ...thieves , bandits ,gunners and bomb experts ..why just bombers focus ...?
you like maybe a sacri that have just 2 ways of playing as damager or just tanker ?
is what developers are doing to us all splitting the class description to make us decide what our character is ... look around are non sense we can now be both summoner or damager but in fight is already splitted ...so why change more?

you will see how  they destroy dragon form and is just ...miss respect for the class!
but is their game so soon ill be wearing a pink tutu sitting at alma forever until they got the nuts to tell us all they closing game .

i dont see 6 osas team around anymore for your odd reasons to just see a broken class suppose to summon whatever in the name of a fight instead of a gear based  summoner bringing baby help into fights ... come on help with your comments because are focus on rational objective dislike for the class .

and yes sorry for my bad english 

have fun 
GOUG

3 0
Score : 116

I'm not one to be opinionated about in-game changes and if changes to Osamodas do happen then I don't think I would really mind them because I like this game a lot. I read the class revamp page and it seems like this change is mostly being done to reduce the development workload to create capturable summons. If that is the case, wouldn't it be more efficient simply to just stop adding more capturable creatures to the game? The playstyle of Osamodas is so unique with so many diverse creatures to capture that I'm sure myself and fellow Osamodas won't mind if new content summons are not added. We have plenty as it is.

I feel that changing Osamodas to "more of a support class" would indirectly give newer players less of a selection because newer players and potential players who are really dedicated to the endgame are less inclined to go for support class like Eni and Feca and more for DPS and high-damage classes like Sac or Elio.

This is providing a solution that no one is asking for or needing and wouldn't fix any important issues and in fact, take away resources and time in doing so if these changes are to be implemented.

1 0

Im not really against the Osa having some kind of support role, but I don't want that to became its main feature, and also the summons... I understand why they want to remove them, but they are just such an emblematic mechanic from this game, I didn't thought that a Pokemon mechanic will be so funny in an mmorpg, but it is and its sad that we are going to lose it

1 0

TEMTEM just saying, the Pokemon formula is a winning formula, just put a bit of effort overhauling the summon system instead of removing it (a PC like feature to store creatures, and the creatures scaling with your character)

Because right now, Osa players enjoy a different game we are not only playing a Tactical Mmorpg, we play a Tactical Monster Catching Mmorpg in fact for most of us playing other races is boring just because outside getting new spells there is nothing more worth looking for while leveling up, yay new gear avaliable wich means more hours of farm/more money to spend, but Osa players: I wonder what new creatures I will be able to catch at lvl 50, or lvl 60, or lvl 70, or lvl 80... each one with a new and unique gameplay opportunities the problem is that when you reach high level, that exciting feel from getting new summons is GONE, since there is no variability in within the viable summons avaliable

Thats why lots of Osa mains and solo Osa players say if the rework removes this feature the game will esentially be dead for them, and YES I get that giving so much attention to one single class may not be "fair" for the others, or that adding so many layers of complexity to one single class may cause other classes to look plain/boring, but lets think about that, there have always been more simpler classes and more complex ones, so really there is not that much of a difference...

But yeah I will stop dreaming for today, just saying, that the tactical mmorpg with the capture monster mechanic could be an interesting market niche non yet discovered... and that I really wish some company would take the time to do it

(Disclaimer, Im complitely aware that what im proposing here is complitely out of the reach of Ankama and this rework)

EDIT: OKAY I re-watched the AnkamaLive and I MISSED on an impotant thing... YOU SAID YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE US THE "TOOLS" TO CREATE OUR OWN SUMMONS????!!!! THATS AWESOME

Being that the case I want you to complitely ignore the post I made on the Spanish forum with an alternative rework and here is my list of creatures I would like to see as a skin  I will uptdate it regularly:

(I posted it on a comment down below, but just in case, I really like this larva)
(Okay this Xelorium guy is my absolute favourite non capturable creature at the moment)
(Gardevoir)
(Gardevoir Shiny)
1 -1

While yes, everyone like Pokemon: Ogrine edition, it is jsut a problematic mechanic balance-wise so it has to be simplified (like ecaflips tarrot, eniripsa's resurrection mark, sacriers cling, etc.).

But "new stuff yay"-wise, you will be able to look forward to getting new spells for your summon, since they will now be tied to passives.

1 -1

ZEPHYR-3000|2020-01-23 00:37:09
I mean, it can be a good system, but again all the stuff I can think of is out of the reach for Ankama, at least we are going to be able to use dominant monsters and bosses as a skin... just look at this: 
I LOVE IT AND I WANT IT

(Also... they said every patch they are going to include more creatures to be used as a Skin ingame... but here is my question, having to patch every already existing creature + Bosses and dominant variants as a Skin for the Osa is easier than getting 1 creature of every new area to be avaliable as a summon? is a serious question)

Yes, because this way they just have to transfer the apperance, check if it has a valid move and attack animation, maybe tweak it a little.
On the other hand for the current system, every mob has to be evaluated if it would be fair for osa to have, if the spells work correctly wen used on players and which spells to disable or change if they are overpowered. Also they sometimes manually change the damage each monster spell does.
0 0

Then say no more, I will trust Ankama for once
They said 3 key factors:

1 it will be stronger
2 customizable summons 
3 skins every new patch

1 0
Score : 363

It had to happen eventually.. Well as someone who's only played osa for 14 years of this games life.. I welcome the Apocalypse.

But actually if it skin unlocks and theres way more things to grab in game I guess i'm done for it. I do not care for making osa a support main.. But thats me. I can't say anythign till I see the actual stats and stuff.. It's been a long love hate game with Ankama I'll attempt to trust yall with this one. (if not give out class changes to dah osa bois)

0 0
Score : -2314

Osamodas Human Form
-Mechanic works like Sadida commander doll.
-Starts wp "3"/max.value and (5 forcewill *unused wp amount) in combats
-Each Turn ;Osa recovers +2 WP.
-Uses 1 WP to place/retreat/command the any summon(s) in combat zones.
-Can summon multiple-summons until in same turn.Summon(s) need control point and wp to be interacted by Osa.
-must cast "command" to control summon(s) to interact any target(s) in combat zone.Each command is 1 wp.
-Each "Commanded summon(s)" gains amount of Osa's unused AP(s) this turn.
-Can cast gobgob actions(summon/retreat/swap) once for each 2 rounds. "Command" is not a gobgob action.
-Gobgob cooldowns if no wp,no alive summon or in turn if any gobgob action has been casted for next turn.
-Dead Summon(s) cant be resurectable or summonable.
-Each Dead Summon(s) recover 1 wp back for this turn.
-Cant use any attack option to target(s) but support actions of osa's own spells.
-Summons are in %100 incure state.

Osamodas Dragoon Form
includes Reborn in 3rd spell bar.
-Needs to die once to be in dragoon form.Summons leave the combat area.
-WP is 0 and cant be recoverable each turn.
-cant summon or use Gobgob.
-Uses attack option(s) of current spells.
-Spell(s) doesnt require any wp  to be casted.

(kinda )
Human Spells of Osa:
   Catcha = gives + 1mp to target. 
Dragon  Osa
  Catcha = removes 1 mp + x hp damage
Human Spells of Osa:
  Block = gives x amount lock to target. 
Dragon  Osa
  Block = gain 50 lock + x hp damage.
(kinda )
Human Spells of Osa:
    Bodyguard = gives 50 resistance  to target
Dragon  Osa
  Bodyguard = gains 50 + x amout hp damage
Human Spells of Osa:
    Absorb= recovers target hp from Osa's % recieved damage
Dragon  Osa
  Absorb = steals hp
or more...

cody5|2020-02-11 14:01:07
They already said there will only be 1 summon, multiple summons are hard to balance.
But I do like the idea of osa loosing support abilities in dragon form

yes it looks unbalanced but it is possible to tag-summons in battlefield by spending wp.
Wp usage to tag between summons,control point and "only support ability human form will keep balance in my suggestion.
0 -2

They already said there will only be 1 summon, multiple summons are hard to balance.
But I do like the idea of osa loosing support abilities in dragon form

0 -1
Respond to this thread