By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Some post patch Osamodas discussion

By Dewsky1212 July 07, 2015, 21:50:58
Reactions 41
Score : 19415
zera201|2015-07-09 02:02:55
I think that tanks,healers and all the stuff are going to ruin the essence of osamodas. Seriously, summons with roles are making think of some damn common rpg game. Personally, I played osa to summon a lot of mobs but what's the point of summoning if you can only have one pet at a time. These updates are going to change (in a bad way) a ot of things especially pvp. How can you expect weak-hitting osas to compete with other classes who deal a lot of damage with a single pet on the field at a time?
Well, in Dofus, all our Summons were pretty specialized, and we could summon more than one. It's possible (but by no means certain) that by switching us over to specially constructed Summons, that we may regain the ability to have out more than one at a time. That is certainly what I am hoping for, at least.
0 0
Score : 8
Lukinerx|2015-07-08 00:29:21
loopymn2|2015-07-07 23:58:40
is gobgob suppose to be just 5 heals now cus it feels wasted

gobgob was completely ignored by Zeorus during preparations for today patch/spell deck/mini rework....

He was even thinking about removing it completely.
Removing him make more sense than the joke they give us. Anyway, that idea of ignoring him and thinking on removing him looks like a big give up on making the Osamodas background elements full functional in game (Gobgob, Dragon and Summons) for him to be different to Dofus Osamodas. Thats crappy for me.

When the reform was announced I was excited about how they will improve the actual stuff, specially the Gobgob and then they came with this.

Making the Gob to compete for the place with the summons is the idea that doesn't fit. If he's supposed to be a support, he doesn't need to make you to renounce to your main feature: Summoning the captured creatures. He should be in the field with the summons just as before, making him buffer/healer/positioner or whatever fits him.

They could make good things, there are many ideas on the forum that looks awesome and they just want to quit.

Well. I like the evolving idea but... the preset summons idea, not at all.
0 0
Score : 2824

How much Dressage do we get per control?

0 0
Score : 3
the-hero-of-darkness|2015-07-10 03:39:30
How much Dressage do we get per control?

every control gives 10 control. so base control(50)+the free control every osa has(10)=60
0 0
Score : 3448

How boring. Osas are set to devolve even further...

0 0
Score : 151
FuzzySyd|2015-07-10 10:35:30
How boring. Osas are set to devolve even further...
I personally am enjoying not having my summons take up over 30% of the total fight time, while also being dumb enough to meander their way into penalty tiles.

The new changes are great, and having pets that level with the Osa specifically designed to perform the tasks for which they were intended will make the class all that easier to balance and all that more useful in PvE.

Just my 0.02$
0 0
Score : 204

I would of really liked it if I didn't have to cast the aoe spell directly ontop of my summon/animal linker to buff him and just hitting them with any of the aoe squares would be enough. Other than that, I like the new support/summon style.

0 0
Score : 2824

Do the % lower damage passives lower summon your summons damage as well?

0 0
Score : 3206
the-hero-of-darkness|2015-07-11 03:26:36
only yours
0 0
Score : 150
Lukinerx|2015-07-11 12:05:51
the-hero-of-darkness|2015-07-11 03:26:36
only yours
So by that same token, Carnage doesn't raise summon damage either. I tested this out and a Carnage build versus Healer+Rock produced the same summon damage. Interesting.
0 0
Score : 686

Summoning dragon makes the field tremble. With dragon dps and summon, even with -30% final damage, you make havoc.
I am a summoning dragon. I can buff team, buff summons, cause ridiculous damage, heal team with summons and debuff enemies, alongside with replacen team members at extreme cases.

0 0
thimaster|2015-07-11 20:43:47
I can buff team, buff summons, cause ridiculous damage, heal team with summons and debuff enemies, alongside with replacen team members at extreme cases.

I haven't tested this but entering dragon form shouldn't remove buffs from allies/summons? If they stay then that's quite broken as hell... I was hoping for more dmg reduction for summons while Osa is in dragon form... why even bother with pure summoner build then if Dragon is #1?
0 0
Score : 5032

I'm not seeing any problem with buffs remaining when the osa who applied them switches to dragon mode – they'll expire anyway, if he doesn't switch back then he can't re-apply them, and there's the AP cost of switching modes.

0 0
NotAnotherFlibble|2015-07-11 23:00:35
I'm not seeing any problem with buffs remaining when the osa who applied them switches to dragon mode – they'll expire anyway, if he doesn't switch back then he can't re-apply them, and there's the AP cost of switching modes.
there is a problem.... balance problem

you can easily negate the -30% summon deal dmg debuff from dragon form that way.

1. buff summon with boowolf rage +/- crit or +2ap
2. enter dragon form and debuff enemy with boowolf rage so summon will deal more dmg to debuffed target
3. deal tons of dmg as dragon and reapply mooing debuff on enemy
4. return to point 1 when FD buff on summon end, exit dragon form, apply new FD buff and repeat whole faceroll process
boom summon is dealing tons of dmg even if you are in dragon form which is broken.

this way there is no build diversity. There is no fucking point of playing pure summoner Osa (unless you want to be buff bitch in party which isn't fun unless you have fetish for being submissive/slave person) now since hybrid will outDPT pure summoner and pure dragon (if there is even such thing tbh) totally this way... you just sacrifice 1 elemental spell in deck (to use most of actives minus gobgob) and 1 passive (animal synergy, whip, etc) to use symbiosa passive for hurr durr faceroll build? this is madness. Give it 1-2 weeks and people will call ever Osa player trash if he/she isn't hybrid Osa and kick that player from every party sleepyou are forced to use dragon form if you want to be good

if this won't be changed/fixed then Ankama should let Osa in human form to use 2 summons or make summons have 125~150% of Osa stats when it's in human form + give human form also passive Final Damage based on control to make summoner build strong build that's not just based on supporting if they are ok with dragon Osa with tons of passive FD + summon with FD and crit buffs both facerolling enemies hard. This would reduce power gap both build
0 0
Score : 150

Lukinerx, I agree completely. At first, being able to summon as a dragon appeared like an amazing feat of flexibility. Here it turns out it is the singular, min/max truth- there is no other play style. Sure, you can go pure summon/party buff, but this build is extremely situational to group play.

This is a huge departure from the three builds from the previous iteration of Osa: Gobgob support, dual summon, and dragon damage. You know, I see the merging of summoner/dragoner and death of Gobgob as the root cause.

Sure. We can talk solutions. There are ways to limit/balance the Dragon summoner. For example, place a 5 turn cool down on Symbosia. ~OR~ Have Symbosia cost 1-2 WP to limit switching back-and-forth every other turn. We could go on-and-on discussing how to nerf dragon, but limitations don't make for fun builds.

What we really need is to add features to promote build diversity. I would advocate for dual Summon + Gobgob. Don't R.I.P. the Gobgob! C'mon Ankama, Osa players are quite vocal about wanting to retain this little blue dragon-starfish thingamajig.

GIve Gobgob very minor healing capacity combined with additional buffing (deducted from Osa's dressage). Retain the same 3 buffs per target, but consider a passive that allows the Gob to buff an additional party member. Keep Gobgob mutually exclusive from Dragon form.

0 0
Score : 204

I wish they didn't remove +Crit active for dragon osas. :

0 0
Score : 583

Hrm... I agree Gobgob needs to be less a healbot summon and more of a versatile support being able to increase the effectiveness of the Osa's buffs and does some (minor) damage to enemies. Perhaps Gobgob could be used to extend turn buffs in exchange for either high AP cost or a cooldown cost, or that Gobgob improves the strength of the Osa's buffs or the strength of the Osa's summons (once the fixed summons come to play)

As for damage, Rain of Stars, Shooting Star, and Black Hole have to return to the way they were pre-patch, all in all, if we keep these improvements, I'm sure the Gobgob would be a lot more useful (and maybe justify the reduced resist on the Osa)

(Also if they implement fixed summons, it should at least be that any summon should at least be able to cast one more spell if they're buffed with Croak. As it is, Luki's concerns with most summons concerning summon AP buffs still apply to the class)

Other than that, Summoner form and Dragon form could have passives that increase or decrease final damage depending on the number of Summons in play. Maybe there could be a Summoner Passive that allows for dual summoning in exchange for less final damage (hopefully not enough that it would make summon-buffing useless), and a Dragon form passive that increases final damage and crits and/or debuff effectiveness at the cost of not being able to summon (and this is just wishful thinking, but also these passives should reduce the cost of Gobup and Symbiosa by 1 respectively)

Ideally, these two passives would replace certain passives while merging some of those passives (Looking at you Animal Link, Spiritual Link, and Animal Synergy passives!) back to their respective actives.

0 0
Score : 1526

Can anyone talk about teleport mechanics. I know how teleportation works in human form, but in dragon form I cant figure it out... huh 

0 0
Score : 583

Well, for one thing, the only things that let you teleport are Feather Tornado and Sramva's Slash. Though they're used rather differently.

Feather Tornado is used to escape enemies. It won't work unless you've got a summon within your range to teleport out, while Sramva's Slash is used to charge into the fray by casting it on a summon that's right next to an enemy. Best used as a compliment to Earth spells. Just make sure that you have Scara or Feather Tornado as well to be able to escape when necessary.

0 0
Score : 1526
Wessolf|2015-07-13 19:02:39
Well, for one thing, the only things that let you teleport are Feather Tornado and Sramva's Slash. Though they're used rather differently.

Feather Tornado is used to escape enemies. It won't work unless you've got a summon within your range to teleport out, while Sramva's Slash is used to charge into the fray by casting it on a summon that's right next to an enemy. Best used as a compliment to Earth spells. Just make sure that you have Scara or Feather Tornado as well to be able to escape when necessary.
I tried everything and could not get myself to teleport while in dragon form, Dont know what im doing wrong. I quess I try again tomorrow maybe I missed something
0 0
Respond to this thread