FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Why do people say Osa's are weak?

By frenchlady1 - MEMBER - March 08, 2014, 23:19:51

Various people I have met have mentioned that Osa's are weak, not as strong as other classes. I, myself, do not believe this. I believe that no class is stronger then the other. We all have kinds of ways of being strong and we all have different abilities. Just because some Osa's use summons, does not mean they are weak. Does anybody know why people say this specifically? Or am I the only one that has actually heard this?

0 0
Reactions 8
Score : 15961

Hello

You may not have been aware but someone started a very similar topic named Dragon Osas underpowered?.

People have various opinions about different things and were there is some element of truth there is also an element of personal bias. For example earth eca's are strong (perhaps even OP) but I will never make one as I dont like them.

The single most important thing on a game is to have fun, if you enjoy playing a class then do that.

Lets say level 150 content is your aim then yes a certains builds maybe necessary to getting invited to join that content but you could always re-roll a new character who will get double exp up to your mains level.

What players mean when they say summoning osa are weak , you will mostly like have somewhat poor resistance especially if you go for a 10 control build which would allow you summon a strong combo of monsters. People are comparing this to say an air dragon osa who will deal out well over 2,000 damage a turn.

0 0
Score : 1698

Classes aren't equal. In an ideal world they would be, maybe someday they will, but for now that's naive thinking.

Summon osas are underpowered without a doubt. The next island has new pets and new gear, so maybe things will get a little better. I see your osa is lvl 5X. At low lvls there isn't really that big of a difference between osas and other classes, but starting at around lvl 100 you start feeling the gap, by lvl 120+ don't be surprised if people turn you down for dungeon groups.

Earth osas I don't find interesting. 5ap to give 2ap to someone, considering xelors can use 2mp to give 2ap to someone that's rubbish. The gobgob range is garbage and not boostable. In terms of fun/damage/utility, an eni or a water masq fullfills a similar role much better with more heal, more damage, more versatility. The only good thing about earth osas is they can protect the tank in DC, that's it. In the next patch they will be buffed a bit but I don't expect this to fundamentally change anything.

Then you've got dragon osas. Widely considered to be the most viable osa. I actually have a 140 osa, but I don't use him anymore. There are several things that infuriate me with this character. For one the preparation turn, because you waste ap to gain dragon form you're at about half power for your first turn (bwok + only 1 whip). Considering 90% of fights don't last more than 3 turns, being at half power the first turn is a deal-breaker for me. The earth aoe costs MP and is very difficult to place in team play, and has gabarge range. The air branch has literally only one combo. The damage is meh. I have other characters in similar gear that hit much harder and they don't need any preparation turn. So yeah overall this class is not so good, needs revamps.

0 0
Score : 9334
Earth osas I don't find interesting. 5ap to give 2ap to someone, considering xelors can use 2mp to give 2ap to someone that's rubbish.
But you also heal at the same time, so what did you expect? Healing + 2AP for 2AP?

In terms of fun/damage/utility, an eni or a water masq fullfills a similar role much better with more heal, more damage, more versatility.
More versatility? It's like suggesting that earth Osa doesn't have a versatility. You can say the same thing about water Masq, "they do the exact thing as earth Osa, but they don't have aoe healing/dmg spells like Osa and can't change into dragons".

I do agree that the buff isn't enough though. Every class needs something that others can't do and earth Osa don't have that.

So yeah overall this class is not so good, needs revamps.
Seriously? Air Osa is one of the best DDs in the game. It may be boring for some, but so can be Iop, Eni or any other class/build.
I also don't see how fire Osa is underpowered, they are also a nice DD and depending on the pet, they can be aoe dmg dealers, ranged, CC, even tanks.
0 0
Score : 1698

Sorry but no, air osa isn't even remotely the best DD. I know an air osa with 750% damage, 10% runes everywhere, a relic, a boatload of backstab damage and she can only do -2000 on 150% res. I do that damage with characters that don't even have a relic and meh runing.

Like I said I have a lvl 140 osa and do know what I'm talking about. What level is your osa? Are you just another lowbie who has no experience and thinks he knows everything? Pretty sick of people like you tbh.

0 0
Score : 9334

And I'm sick of people thinking they know everything about every branch of the class just because they have a high lvl char in one of the branches. What's the point of discussion if you think you know everything? Create a blog and say what you think, discussion forums are for... discussion.

By your logic, don't talk about other branches if you didn't lvl them from 1-140 without power lvling.

0 0
Score : 2024

Hey,

Just beaten down Dragon Pig with my Earth Osa. I can say shields are awesome and the heals are quite good.

I go with my Guild usually as secondary healer or aoe DD and never, have to say again! Never met ppl complaining about my dmg or heals or whatever. Actually they are more surprised Earth branch got such a big power in their hand.

Noone shuts down chat for me and im welcome for any dungeon or UB run. So dont tell me osas are weak.

/pandora/

2 0
Score : 1523
Noobility|2014-03-10 18:04:06
Sorry but no, air osa isn't even remotely the best DD. I know an air osa with 750% damage, 10% runes everywhere, a relic, a boatload of backstab damage and she can only do -2000 on 150% res. I do that damage with characters that don't even have a relic and meh runing.

Like I said I have a lvl 140 osa and do know what I'm talking about. What level is your osa? Are you just another lowbie who has no experience and thinks he knows everything? Pretty sick of people like you tbh.
I'm pretty sure you are just rambling on with your biased opinion on how Dragon Osas are boring/weak and lack damage, that is what I got from your rant.

In all honesty, Dragon Osa wrecks hybrid, but the gear for going hybrid isn't the easiest to obtain but not impossible. I do have to say that 10 AP builds ARE lackluster and do not over enough damage that other 10 AP builds work for other classes. So in all honesty 12 AP is what makes Osa damage shine, but to obtain this you would need either a Relic/Ap Boots/AP Epps (which to a lot of players that do not multi-box be impossible.

So I agree and disagree with what you are saying, I agree that Dragon Osa damage can be lacking AND can be boring, but 12 AP Dragon Osas are incredibly strong.
0 0
Score : 7771
izzzjordan|2014-03-12 18:45:31
Noobility|2014-03-10 18:04:06

I'm pretty sure you are just rambling on with your biased opinion on how Dragon Osas are boring/weak and lack damage, that is what I got from your rant.

In all honesty, Dragon Osa wrecks hybrid, but the gear for going hybrid isn't the easiest to obtain but not impossible. I do have to say that 10 AP builds ARE lackluster and do not over enough damage that other 10 AP builds work for other classes. So in all honesty 12 AP is what makes Osa damage shine, but to obtain this you would need either a Relic/Ap Boots/AP Epps (which to a lot of players that do not multi-box be impossible.

So I agree and disagree with what you are saying, I agree that Dragon Osa damage can be lacking AND can be boring, but 12 AP Dragon Osas are incredibly strong.

Any class with 12ap is incredibly strong.
0 0
Respond to this thread