FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

GobGob osas. Strength? Crit?

By Bulbasheep - MEMBER - October 27, 2013, 09:21:32

I've been building a GobGob osa and have been having tons of fun with him! I've been looking through a few guides and comments recently now though and I'm finding myself very confused about stat allocation! I'm aiming to put in 1 ap, 1 mp, maybe not a range, but then I'm getting mixed views about crits and str. Some people say crit just plain doesn't work/transition properly, and others say the crit is excellent and worth it more than just upping strength.

But those things I read it from are old. So I wanted to ask current gobgob players, does the crit on my Osa properly transition to my GobGob? Is it more worth it to stat in crit than str? I'm so confused right now.

0 0
Reactions 8
Score : 1200

Crit gives only a prosental chance to do more damage while strength gives you more damage and resist all the time. It´s really just an opinion which one you prefer. I would go for strength.

0 0
Score : 306

For earth osas, I would definitely recommend strength over crit, it's a lot better since your damage wont be very high so you need all the extra dmg% you can especially since it will benefit your Gobgob too and I don't think extra crit does. Also, I would suggest going for the range as well as the mp, I statted both and it helps immensely, our spells have limited range so extra range and mobility will make a big difference, hope I could help smile 

0 0
Score : 607

First of all, your gobgob DOES have the same critical hit chance as the osa. The bug that he didn't was fixed quite a while ago.

The answers up until now have not been very clear so rejoice (or despair), for i will present to you some actual math that clears up the crit/mastery problem. You'll have to use the following two formulas and compare the results:

1. Check how much damage increase you would have from skilling 5 points of strength:

[code][EarthDmg/100+1,025]*[CritChance/200+1][/code]
2. Check how much damage increase you would get from skilling 1 point of crit:

[code][EarthDmg/100+1]*[(CritChance+1)/200+1][/code]
If the result of formula 1 is higher, then skilling 5 strength would be better at that point. If the result of 2 is higher, then skilling 1 crit would be better. To get an optimal result you will have to repeat this every time you have to decide between skilling 5 strength or skilling 1% crit.

Here is an example on how to use the formulas:

We have an osa char, lets name him "Osaboy". Osaboy has 200% earth damage shown in his stat window, this includes all his gear and nation bonuses etc. Osaboy has 6% crit chance shown in his stat window, though since he has skilled critical synergy we can assume that he will use it every turn, which will put his actual crit chance to 26% while in combat. Here the variables again:
EarthDmg=200
CritChance=26
Now let's check wich would be more profitable to skill for Osaboy by beginning with formula 1:

=[200/100+1,025]*[26/200+1]
=[2+1,025]*[0,13+1]
=3,025*1,13
=3,41825

Now formula 2:

=[200/100+1]*[(26+1)/200+1]
=[2+1]*[27/200+1]
=[2+1]*[0,135+1]
=3*1,135
=3,405

The result of formula 1 is higher, so osaboy would be well adviced to skill strength. Generally you can also say that as long as you are below 400% earth damage, skilling strength will always be better.

Beware though that the formulas above do not factor in enemy resistances, thus they work just fine for healing (what the gobgob does) or for fighting enemies with 0% resistance. But if for example osaboy would be fighting an enemy with 50% earth resistance, his actual EarthDmg would be 150% instead of 200%. That is why, if you are a damage dealer, skilling strength will nearly always be better even if you have over 400% earth dmg, because the enemy resistances will pummel your damage below 400% again.

0 0
Score : 3406

What about crit damage gear?

0 0
Score : 2021

Hello,

I'm playing with Earth osa since Beta closed and i have also lot of fun with her. So i made already a nice guide for my Guildies too some months ago. Ofc with the time u will see how many possibilities u have with this kind.

My build is 11 ap, 5 mp now on lvl 119. With Dragon form 12 ap and 6 mp. Maxed all skills what are needed for Dragon and Gobgob. With Critical Synergy i have 45 crits, around 400% earth dmg and except water resist everything around 200-250%.

I prefer dmg and crit in the same time and on high lvls, everything gives crits so u can simple stat on earth. As already ppl told before me Gobgob benefits from your crits and also heals. 11 ap is good for many combinations and awesome heals, shields. It's reachable with stat on 2 APs and no need for MP becouse of the high lvl equipments give enough MP to move if it's needed.
If u choose later a multi build as Gobgob-Dragon u can switch from supporter to damage dealer whenever u want.

U will see Earth osa is an awesome tank with high resist and shields in dungeons. PvP is a harder thing. As tank u can survive till long time and heal, shield yourself but u have take care about heal resist. i can't write down all my experience and ideas for this build coz it would be too longbiggrin

If u have any other question or problem just send me a message on Ankabox or if u play on Remington server than contact me in game.

Pandora-hun

0 0
Score : 282

Which stat you prefer (str vs crit) depends on how you're using your gobgob. From what I think I read on these posts, their advise is particular to your own spell contributions as an Earth osa, but they do not consider as much the numbers on the gob-gob. Gobgob's base numbers are very low; much lower than the numbers for your earth abilities and as such one of the best ways to boost gobgob's contributions is through critting.

However, a gobgob crit really only matters if its secondary effect also benefits from the crit as well. If you're using stuff like starry motivation or even Rain those abilties do not benefit as much from crit; however, abilities like starry-armor benefit greatly from the crit, so if you're using the armor alot, you'll probably want to consider crit over strength up to a certain point and then going str from there.

0 0
Score : 607
HakazabaJub|2013-10-29 01:03:02
What about crit damage gear?

Here the formulas modified to include crit damage:

first formula (testing strength value)

[EarthDmg/100+1,025+(CritDmg/100*CritChance/100)]*[CritChance/200+1]

second formula (testing crit value)

[EarthDmg/100+1+(CritDmg/100*CritChance/100)]*[(CritChance+1)/200+1] 
0 0
Score : 2145
RedXen|2013-10-29 10:21:44
Which stat you prefer (str vs crit) depends on how you're using your gobgob. From what I think I read on these posts, their advise is particular to your own spell contributions as an Earth osa, but they do not consider as much the numbers on the gob-gob. Gobgob's base numbers are very low; much lower than the numbers for your earth abilities and as such one of the best ways to boost gobgob's contributions is through critting.

However, a gobgob crit really only matters if its secondary effect also benefits from the crit as well. If you're using stuff like starry motivation or even Rain those abilties do not benefit as much from crit; however, abilities like starry-armor benefit greatly from the crit, so if you're using the armor alot, you'll probably want to consider crit over strength up to a certain point and then going str from there.
That tough because I use all those spells just as much as the others depending on the situation. I can't say for sure which I use more than the other because of that.
0 0
Respond to this thread