FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Rumor: The random Earth spells might be going away

By Signal2Noise December 24, 2011, 00:40:15

Just figured I'd drop in and give everyone a heads up of a rumor I heard over on the French forums using Babel Fish:

The developers might do away with randomly chosen Earth spells and instead give us a standardized list of 5 spells like our water and air list of spells. They'll pick 4 of the existing Earth spells we can get right now, and all the others will somehow still be available to us in some other existing fashion (I have no idea how, though).

Considering the official news stating the Ecaflips will be removed from the game for a short period of time so the class can be "overhauled" seems to lend some credibility to this rumor:
Click here

So what do you think, my fellow gamblers?

0 0
Reactions 14
Score : 188
Signal2Noise|2011-12-24 00:40:15
Just figured I'd drop in and give everyone a heads up of a rumor I heard over on the French forums using Babel Fish:

The developers might do away with randomly chosen Earth spells and instead give us a standardized list of 5 spells like our water and air list of spells. They'll pick 4 of the existing Earth spells we can get right now, and all the others will somehow still be available to us in some other existing fashion (I have no idea how, though).

Considering the official news stating the Ecaflips will be removed from the game for a short period of time so the class can be "overhauled" seems to lend some credibility to this rumor:
Click here

So what do you think, my fellow gamblers?
I hope they pick the good earth spells.
0 0
Score : 3303

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

The Random Earth spells give the class so much fun and charm! It's so fun having a character you know is completely unique! To get rid of the problem of people having to make characters over and over, they could just balance the spells out more and add more. I'm really fond of the random spells.

0 0
Score : 474
Signal2Noise|2011-12-24 00:40:15
They'll pick 4 of the existing Earth spells we can get right now,
Just to clarify so there's no confusion: I said they'll pick 4 spells because I'm assuming we'll be keeping Heads or Tails. Personally, if this rumor turns out to be true, I just hope that Cr'aps makes it into the list of spells we'll always get.
0 0
Score : 8306
crawfish33|2011-12-24 00:51:50
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

The Random Earth spells give the class so much fun and charm! It's so fun having a character you know is completely unique! To get rid of the problem of people having to make characters over and over, they could just balance the spells out more and add more. I'm really fond of the random spells.

Same.... if they do this then all earth Ecaflips will pretty much be exactly the same. Random spells was a big reason I thought they were fun when I started my ecaflip. I hope this is just a rumor it's really dumb decision.
0 0
Score : 288

hehe, if this turns out to be true and goes forward, Im pretty sure itll be something like this:

Head or tails, 421, All in, Roulette & Three cards.

0 0
Score : 136

Okay...keep the randomization just more variation to the spells like in my other class comments, more varieties in ranges and effects. Like ones that show the dice rolling or a roulette spinning hitting either black or red. Come on Ankama your creative people give us some gambling action.

0 0
Score : 405

Honestly, I think that all classes should have random obtainable spells in all trees.
The only thing that makes two people of the same class different is their gear and which support spells they've decided to put points on. and even then, the gear and chosen support spells are similar. If two people of the same class were similar BUT did not have access to all their spells (just the ones that they've randomly obtained) then the fights and strategy would be pumped. after all.....this is a tactics game.

Sorry i kinda strayed from the whole "Eca's are gonna have random earth spells removed" topic...

0 0
Score : 778
Carter3|2011-12-24 03:16:48
hehe, if this turns out to be true and goes forward, Im pretty sure itll be something like this:

Head or tails, 421, All in, Roulette & Three cards.
with edited costs
0 0
Score : 1578

I saw an Ecaflip earlier, it transformed in to a wolf. Devs testing maybe?

0 0
Score : 932

You sure that wasn't an enutrof that fused with his drheller?

0 0
Score : 289

I really liked the idea of the Earth branch being randomized as well. I hope it's just a rumor, because I thought having your gambling class having to undergo a gamble for its own spells was a great notion.

0 0
Score : 8558
Yamedo|2012-02-03 09:33:49

That was an Enu. If devs were going to test they would not test on a server, but rather offline. Though sometimes you got to wonder if the devs even test the classes. It practically seems like the devs just say "this looks good" and implement it without even testing it. And if the devs wanted to be seen, they would not use the NA server for that. Plus, a cat turning into a wolf sounds stupid. Feline transforming into a canine = lame. Though I wouldn't put it past them. Osa + gobgob = dragon. More like it should be a demonic humanoid octopus, not a dragon. Oh well. More people like the idea of being a dragon than an demonic humanoid octopus. But yeah, feline => canine = EPIC FAIL.
0 0
Score : 3564

^I could dig a werecat.

0 0
Score : 4826
GodIsWithUs|2012-02-12 05:32:19
Yamedo|2012-02-03 09:33:49

That was an Enu. If devs were going to test they would not test on a server, but rather offline. Though sometimes you got to wonder if the devs even test the classes. It practically seems like the devs just say "this looks good" and implement it without even testing it. And if the devs wanted to be seen, they would not use the NA server for that. Plus, a cat turning into a wolf sounds stupid. Feline transforming into a canine = lame. Though I wouldn't put it past them. Osa + gobgob = dragon. More like it should be a demonic humanoid octopus, not a dragon. Oh well. More people like the idea of being a dragon than an demonic humanoid octopus. But yeah, feline => canine = EPIC FAIL.

Of course the Devs don't test their classes, at least not like you are thinking. That's not their job, and if they were I would be concerned for this games future. The more time they spend testing their code the less time they have to code other things.

It's the job of the QA team to test, and that's more for bugs and glitches.
0 0
Respond to this thread