FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

By SE-Derek April 23, 2011, 02:06:57
Reactions 154
Score : 2441

I'm gonna evaluate each of the skills after getting each of them to a decent level here, I posted earlier in the topic, so here goes again.
----
Water Skills-
Rough Tongue, 2 AP, good damage scaling. Nothing here needs to change. Leave it the way it is.
Fleabag, 3AP, 1WP, good damage, but only lasts for one hit. Maybe enable multiple hits at higher levels to give them a viable defense.
Fleabitten, 4AP, 1WP/step, The damage is alright, but at 4AP there are better alternatives for damage. If you could choose where to place them the skill would be better. The skill should last until you start walking as well. If I use it and I've already moved, it should at least last until the next turn so I can move.
Fleeches, 4AP, 1WP, Again, the damage is alright, but at 4AP you can't really do much with it. The only real strong points of the move are AoE damage, and trap-laying. If you could place your fleas with Fleabitten, this and that would go hand in hand, and it'd be pretty fun.
Flea Love, 5AP, 2WP, This skill does quite a bit for 5AP. The only real healing skill an ecaflip has at their disposal. I'd leave this one the way it is. If anything maybe lower the AP cost a point and raise the WP cost a point. So if you decide to use it twice your flea moves are sealed for two rounds.

Air skills-
Claw attack, 3AP, good damage scaling. Basic damage move. Perfect as is.
Claws of Cenegal, 3AP, horrible damage scaling, horrible lock scaling. This is the worst Air tree skill. Change the skill itself to a require 2MP or lower the AP cost to 2.
Hunter, 3AP, 1WP, Bad damage scaling. Its good when used in conjunction with Fleeches. The trapped area should remain more than one turn. Until its activated. If you decide to change it, lower the AP cost and change the WP requirement to a MP requirement.
Eca Bite, 5AP, Good damage scaling. Probably the best Ecaflip Air move.. If the double hit worked properly. Two sets of numbers display but only one set of damage is taken. Bugged. If it worked properly, I wouldn't use any other Air moves.
Up to Scratch, 6AP, 2MP, 1WP, Superb damage potential.. If it worked properly. It doesn't add any damage when moving.. Its a shame, this could be a good move.
---
The Air tree has a lot of potential.. But the bugs need to be fixed, and something needs to be done with cenegal. It's bad.

Earth skills-
We'll start off with the bad skills at the bottom and work our way up to the good ones.
The ugly-
Roulette- 5AP, Horrible horrible skill. The worst skill in the tree. Don't ever use it. It will give you cancer. *** cancer. The damage yield isn't worth it for a 3x3 area, and there's a 50-50 chance of doing bad damage or healing yourself. If you even WANT to salvage this skill, change it to a healing skill. Red for a big heal, Black for a little one. If you actually want to make it damage viable, give it a 9x9 area of affect and increase the damage range to the same level as Jackpot.
Shi-Fu-Miaow- 3AP, Janken. Beat or tie your opponent for damage, lose and heal them. Much better damage alternatives and a chance to do damage OR heal.
Three Cards- Don't bother unless you're at an extremely long range. Its a better use of AP to set up traps with Fleeches instead of using this piece of ***.
The bad-
421 ( Aka, Liars dice )- 3AP, Roll a die, if its a six, do 1.5x damage.. except its calculated wrong and only gives +0.5 damage. Worthless skill for its cost until they decide to fix it. Don't use it until they do..
Double or quits- 2AP, Flip a coin, if heads, Gain 2AP, if tails, end your turn. This skill sucks. Bad damage scaling and better alternatives leave this skill with something to be desired.
The good-
All in- All your AP are belong to us, does damage per AP.. but the conversion formula doesn't work right. It isn't a direct conversion. It's weird. But per AP spent when using the skill, the chance of doubling damage is increased 5% up to a max of 50%. ( It was far more useful prior to the patch, 10% per AP made it more useful with remaining AP after moves. ) But still a great damage skill nonetheless.
Jackpot- Best Earth Damage skill. Combine it with Ecaflips Tarot Level 2 for maximum damage on a critical. 142 damage at level 100 for 6AP on a critical, with a chance of doing an additional 27 damage from the Jackpot makes this the best damage skill in an ecaflips arsenal.
Craps- 2AP, Good scaling for damage, On a seven deals additional damage. Pretty great damage. Great for any bonus AP you have lying around when a turn ends.
Heads or Tails- Great damage potential, similar to craps in its damage. Less effective on enemies with large amounts of earth resistance, because its heals aren't reduced and the damage is.
Lottery- Good move altogether, despite the 1 WP you need to use it. Has a great damage potential, but it has a large damage range and is often unreliable. Good if you don't have any of the other high damage moves to use.

Passive and active abilities-
---
Petrification- Has no point in even being on the ecaflip list. Take it away and give us something that doesn't suck royally. A luck boost to increase luck by 2-4% per level.
Perception- A great ability for detecting hidden opponents.. if there were any other than prespics.. The critical boost is neglible. It lasts only in the turn that you use it in. Total garbage. If they increase the duration from the round you use it to 3-4 rounds away from when you use it, it'd be much better by comparison.
Paws off- Great for maintaining your distance. Good investment in keeping those Iops away from your face.
Lord of the fleas- No real point in using this. You place your fleas that badly your probably aren't used to the water tree in the first place.
Ecaflips Tarot- A great ability. Leave it at 3 however, the +-1 Movement point isnt worth 75 skill points.
Sixth Sense- Good ability for countering being attacked from behind. If you added some sort of punishment effect it would be better, but its nice as is without it.
Smelly cat- The best water tree ability. If you use fleas a lot, you can end up scrapping an opponent quickly if you can catch them with this at the beginning of a fight. If you set traps with fleeches you're pretty much guaranteed a hit with this.
Rabies- Its coded incorrectly so currently its a double edged sword. It can end up putting you asleep for multiple turns, or doing the same to your opponent. If it was coded properly, it would be the second best air tree related ability.
Cat Tree- The best all around damage increase for the Ecaflip class. +40% damage at max level means you can hop up on the tree, use an attack for the massive damage boost, and then hop down without suffering the debilitating side effect. If you get hit while standing on it, you take damage multiplied by the dice on the tree. Much better after the update. The +1 range doesn't work properly on all abilities, however. Its quite disappointing. But still great nonetheless.
Meowtbreak- The single best air ability out there for any Ecaflip. One application of Level 4 Meowtbreak applies -5-25% air resistance for a turn. Six applications in one turn is -30-150%. With that you can double/triple your air damage for 1-2 rounds.

--

That's the current synopsis. If the things documented aren't changed there probably won't be that many ecaflips, and the world will be overrun with Air Iops, and Xelors. I also have some serious considerations as to how the endgame is going to go.. If the max level is 200 and these are all the abilities that are available then the game itself is going to get stale around level 80 or so.

0 0
Score : 460
Jaela|2011-05-10 14:21:22

Hunter, 3AP, 1WP, Bad damage scaling. Its good when used in conjunction with Fleeches. The trapped area should remain more than one turn. Until its activated. If you decide to change it, lower the AP cost and change the WP requirement to a MP requirement.

I believe the trapped area staying for a single turn is quite fine, and the damage scaling isn't really that bad if you consider the fact that it lets you jump over obstacles. Not to mention you can use it twice a turn, so it's a good skill to get yourself out of sticky situations, or for defending others, so long as you can accurately predict the AI's movement. Definitely goes well with Fleeches though, and if Rabies wasn't broken it would be a good way to debuff an opponent with both enraged state and allergy, considering you would be getting right up in their face too.

Then again I haven't paid that much attention to Hunter's damage in awhile, I just use it for battlefield mobility.

As for an MP requirement; I'm not sold on the idea as it's already hard enough to get the AI to step onto it without a second use to trap them. However, an air Eca would most likely be using a tofu set for awhile and have the extra MP, so it could work out. With Tarot I find MP is a much more valuable asset than WP, seeing as how it's almost a free card for WP regen. You also regain the spent WP when it hits, so it's a matter of placing your traps correctly. Regaining an MP in the same manner would also be an interesting buff on your next turn. I'm totally convinced, but I can see it working out well.

My biggest beef with this skill, is that the trapped area completely disappears if an ally moves on it, and while this isn't a big deal in most cases, summons apparently don't give a *** and walk all over it. Last night I was running gob dun, we were at the Royal, and our Iop was down to 24 HP. It was pretty clear that he was going to be targeted by the Royal and I was trapped behind a wall consisting of my teammates. I put up a set of Hunter traps in front of him on the off chance that the Royal decided no to charge, which would have put me in a prime spot to take the hit for the Iop. Of course a couple of Sadi Dolls derped hard and trampled all over both of my traps for no apparent reason. Needles to say I was left grunting pointlessly until the end of the turn, and the Royal just happened to walk where my Hunter had been set to get to the Iop and finish him off.

Also; that grunt is pretty damn annoying. Should make it play maybe once every 5 seconds instead of on the animation loop.
0 0
Score : 1289
---
Smelly cat- The best water tree ability. If you use fleas a lot, you can end up scrapping an opponent quickly if you can catch them with this at the beginning of a fight. If you set traps with fleeches you're pretty much guaranteed a hit with this.

As far as i have been playing with my water Eca, Fleeches doesn't activate Smelly Cat. If it did for you i have to say I'm jealous, but i would think that not activating from Fleeches and Fleabag is a bug since Smelly Cat is supposed to be all flea spells. Only Flea Love and Fleabitten activate Smelly Cat.
0 0
Score : 460
Yoshi-Armor|2011-05-10 21:44:16
---

As far as i have been playing with my water Eca, Fleeches doesn't activate Smelly Cat. If it did for you i have to say I'm jealous, but i would think that not activating from Fleeches and Fleabag is a bug since Smelly Cat is supposed to be all flea spells. Only Flea Love and Fleabitten activate Smelly Cat.

Ah, I don't play Water so I also just assumed it applied to Fleeches as well. Good to know if it doesn't. Also have to clear this up; I was pressed for time and didn't bother checking my facts.

Hunter's damage is a bit too low and does not return the WP if successful. If it were to switch to an MP cost I would like to see the MP returned for the next turn however, and limit the use to twice per turn.
0 0
Score : 5337

I re-rolled 4 or 5 times last night to try out some earth spells. Its a cool idea but when some of the spells are as terrible as they are...its just bad. First pass I got roulette... It is impossible to kill the level 3 lumberjack using roulette. died 4 times before giving up and using heads or tails. IMO thats a perfect example of how bad roulette is. 3 damage, can't even cast it twice, 3x3 square means i get destroyed in melee.

Got C'raps the second go around, its ok, nothing great and the damage scaling as you grow closer to lvl 100 is pretty sad. Doubt it would be used much. Requires the 7 to do damage on par with any other class. That seems broken. If we are a gambling class then it should be win or lose...not lose or be mediocre.

Got lottery/jackpot/all-in the last re-roll (THANK YOU GOD) I could care less what my last skill is, 3/4 is good enough for me.

Lottery: I'm hoping range is boostable on this. if so I love it, although the 1 WP cost is kinda painful. That being said I still really like it. This spell fits with the class IMO. Couple it with cat tree +40% damage and range and this could be painful.

Jackpot: Again, nailed it. Perfect ability, I love that it only has a 15% chance of completly wasting my turn although dodge seems largely useless to me so far.

All-in : solid skill useable with a few ap left or as an opener. Like it.

Heads or Tails : I think this is fine. Works the way the old HoT worked in dofus before the patch to make it more versatile. As in dofus it sucks early on, by the time its lvl'd a bit the healing is negligable. Not a starter skill but useful later on.

Water Spells:
I've tried to use them but beyond rough tongue its just not worth the AP cost, I found my water build slowly morphing back to earth to stay alive.

Air:
The one spec i've not played with yet, but I love the idea of the air debuff. Claws of Cengal from what I have used, have been nearly worthless. Damage is terrible (20 at lvl 100) and -lock just doesn't seem like that big of a payoff. Would rather have feline leap.

Up to scratch cost is huge but pretty close to Iop's Wrath so fair enough I suppose.

overall I like the class, the randomness of earth just means i'll reroll. Can't build an earth build around skills like roulette and shi-fu-miaow unless the build's goal is to die repeatedly to mobs significantly lower then me.

0 0
Score : 1130

What are some thoughts on Earth Ecaflip builds since the new patch? The change to Jackpot has completely disheartened me so that I just don't know what to do with my Ecaflip, to the point I just don't feel like playing anymore...

Click here&page=1#entry58137

0 0
Score : 84
LuvenaMae|2011-05-25 21:16:44
What are some thoughts on Earth Ecaflip builds since the new patch? The change to Jackpot has completely disheartened me so that I just don't know what to do with my Ecaflip, to the point I just don't feel like playing anymore...

Honestly, I almost feel the same way. It was my bread and butter, and it got nerfed to oblivion... I don't have any of the other changed Earth spells, so I'm not sure how much better those are, but based on the buffs given to Water and Air, there is almost no motivation to keep playing an Earth branch. I am buttdevastated.

Seriously, Ankama, why did you try to fix something that wasn't broken?
0 0
Score : 1130
Secretsauce|2011-05-25 21:29:35

Honestly, I almost feel the same way. It was my bread and butter, and it got nerfed to oblivion... I don't have any of the other changed Earth spells, so I'm not sure how much better those are, but based on the buffs given to Water and Air, there is almost no motivation to keep playing an Earth branch. I am buttdevastated.

Seriously, Ankama, why did you try to fix something that wasn't broken?
If anything I'd call it underpowered, but it definately did not need nerfing. I completely agree, why "fix" something that wasn't even broken?

Even the underdamage compared to others was cool because of the gamble making it fun. Not only does it now do 40% of what it used to, but also we can only cast it in a straight line. The only benefit I see to it is if you're surrounded, but you're dead in a heartbeat if that happens anyway, with the new damage output...plus the other skills not doing enough damage to make up for the loss. The now fun and unique aspect to this class is a death wish. There's not even that classy gamble to it anymore. You either die, or die faster.
0 0
Score : 8284

I feel exactly the same. Jackpot's damage used to be exactly the same as it's level. In version 3.04 If Jackpot was level 50 it would do 50 damage and earth element equipment multiplied that by two. Now it does 20 damage at level 50 while other classes will do 60- 80 with their best attacks. *cough Sadidas and iops *cough*. That's WAY too much of a nerf and it makes it impossible for me to beat anything like I used to. I used to be able to compete with iops but now I can't even do that. Even my lottery is better than jackpot now. This is an immediate hotfix territory kind of problem for me. There was just no reason to nerf jackpot THIS MUCH.

Hell I'm an army general. How am I supposed to beat clan members now?

EDIT: I also liked it better when jackpot needed a direct Line of sight to hit something. I liked the risk of not being able to hit something with it's line of sight. I also found the earth part of the class fun because of the high damage. Now there's a possibility of friendly fire and I don't find that fun at all.
0 0
Score : 12935

This is fine if iops and other classes didn't do a lot of damage. But wow..weakening them this much is not good..It's like they did to sadidas, they were perfect pre wipe but for some reason they thought inflatables did too much damage. While iops do 300 per turn.

0 0
Score : 578

Jackpot's Damage... DECREASED D:

0 0
Score : 1298

I appreciate the lowered costs of air moves for Ecas. I can't help but feel that this branch has been nerf'd as well. Claws of Ceangal, Hunter (as far as I can tell), and Eca Bite are just fine. My major issue is with the damage dealt by Claw Attack and Up to Scratch.

Pre-patch, I could use Claw Attack twice and do ~90 damage on an enemy. Now, I can attack 3 times, which looks nice at first, but only do ~75 damage. With Up to Scratch, pre-patch I could do 100+ damage. Now, even combo'd with a Claw Attack, I only do ~80 damage.

I don't understand why the two main moves for air Ecas are now weaker than before. Sure, the combo ability is more convenient, but I'd rather have my power back.

On another note, why is the battle stance animation being run so quickly, now? I look extremely hyper now. I'm thinking it's the new Rabies, but I can't be sure, as I haven't been in battle with another Eca, yet.

0 0
Score : 8284
LuvenaMae|2011-05-25 22:02:46
The now fun and unique aspect to this class is a death wish. There's not even that classy gamble to it anymore. You either die, or die faster.

Didn't see this earlier , but it's pretty much this. The Ecaflips earth tree has been pretty much reduced to being a high level punching bag. Our only hope of being useful to groups now is to distract monsters and take hits for our team and maybe put a few hits in here and there. Or level the air and water trees, but that doesn't feel as worth it as trying other classes.

Seriously why would you try and fix something that everyone liked?
0 0
Score : 2441

Whoo. Don't mean to brag but I pretty much called that update. Air tree is much better now. Kudos.

0 0
Score : 168

Perception, new tree, and petrification all seem like rather less than fitting spells. Perception specifically bothers me because of how excellent it could be, if not for the fact that it uses up half the turn of an air coin. Air Coins need to hit their entire combos for their best chance to crit, so noone uses perception in crit builds, which obviously means it needs changing.

0 0
Score : 2252

Hotfix didn't buff Roulette. Looks like I owe a fellow Ecaflip 5 kamas. Darn

0 0
Score : 117

hello. in one of the early versions of wakfu the ecaflip was able to throw a cat. i estimate the ecaflip would be 300% more fun to play as if it were still able to throw a cat. please give ecaflips back the cat throw. thank you.

0 0
Score : 4294

The "Meowtbreak" support spell allows you to throw cats, sort of. ^___^

0 0
Score : 1298

By the way, in testing a crit build for my Air Eca, I have put a point in Meowtbreak and it has been rendered useless. I don't know if putting more points in will fix it, but right now it doesn't work. Your character whistles, loses WP.....and that's it. No crit chance or crit fail on either you or the enemy.

0 0
Score : 10

Many people ***ing about earth sucking just don't have the right spells. I can say with utmost certainty that I, being a lvl 30 Str/Chance eca, do not suck. All in is an awesome spell that only gets better. HoT is pretty decent, sure it might not KO everything but it works, roulet is a nice ranged spell to have, and works well with ecas jump and Double or Nothing. Three cards is alright, the damage is half decent but I find the effects to be underwhelming and that my AP can be used more efficiently elsewhere. Earth tree along with water tree makes for a very diverse and fun to play class if you ask me, and while it's true that I don't have years of experience with the class it's still enjoyable enough, and strong enough to stand against other classes. (Don't even get me started on double fleeches...)

0 0
Respond to this thread