FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Eniripsa overhaul incoming !

By Andreij February 22, 2012, 13:13:16
Reactions 32
Score : 1581

@Blackeagle: If the Enirpsa wanted to get the most out of the Water and Air trees, they would need a 100% Hygiene buff. You're right, it doesn't effect fire.

0 0
Score : 2100
reiry|2012-02-22 23:29:34
So is this their way of saying the air tree is now purely there to add some utility for water Enis?

youLuzer|2012-02-23 15:34:58
Okay, so they are incorporating Air into Water. What are they planning to do about making it easier to spec into two trees? Balance is awesome, but leveling skills is still tedious, especially when you're forced to level 2 trees, in the case of air/water eni.

Welcome to the Xelor class wink
0 0
Score : 473
Okay, so they are incorporating Air into Water. What are they planning to do about making it easier to spec into two trees? Balance is awesome, but leveling skills is still tedious, especially when you're forced to level 2 trees, in the case of air/water eni.

This new mechanic doesn't force you to level two trees. If you want to become a pure water Eni, then choose to use Hygiene to boost your heals instead of using it to increase the chance of applying a state from one of your air spells. Even if you were to use it to boost your chances of applying a state from one of those air spells, they would not get that much experience. Majority of the spell experience will still go towards your water spells as those are the spells you have used mostly. Remember, Hygiene's level resets back to 0 once you have used an air spell (with a status effect) and it would take a great deal of water spells to bring it back to an effective level. If you prefer to keep that spell experience exclusively for your water spells, then I suggest you invest some time/kama on a good water weapon or find a party to join. If you want to become a pure air Eni and want to use the status effects of your air spells, then invest your points into Willpower. More about this below...

Ok, I retract my previous statement, air was not nerfed into the ground. The damage wasn't changed at all... but still, changing all the status %s to 0 is the equivalent of a 20 to 150 stat point nerf. (depending on which spell you're using and what level it is) While yes I agree water Enis needed help I have no idea why they took the occasion to nerf air. Were there screams of outrage about how OP Enis are on the French forums after the damage buff?

At level 0, both Psychosis Flask and Lethargy Flask had a 2% chance to apply their respective status effects. This 2% translates to 20 points into Willpower (10 points for 1 Willpower; 1 Willpower for 1% chance increase/resistance increase). At level 0, Infected Flask had a 5% chance to apply Gangrene. Working it out again, 5% translates to 50 points into Willpower. These percentages are not that high and would have been rare to see them process. Also, it is at least a 50 point nerf if they were to bring these to 0% (You will only need 5 into Willpower to replace any of the percentages).

How about the percentages when they're level 100? Well... Infected Flask had a 15% chance, Psychosis Flask had a 6% chance, and Lethargy Flask had an 8% chance. So, 150 points, 60 points, and 80 points respectively. This may look like a huge nerf because so many points are taken away. However, with the current experience system of the game, it is not possible to level all three spells to level 100 in a short time (I'm sure you can get all three to level 100 but it would still take a great deal of grinding and time to achieve this). Majority of people are already having a difficult time getting one spell reach a level of 100. What if you were capable of maxing out Infected Flask's level? Well, it'll be a 150 point nerf then if they were to take it away. So, overall, it's a 50 point nerf for every air Eni at the least and 150 at the most for those that max out Infected Flask (50+ points for the rest, depending how you level that Eni). You ask if this nerf is necessary... whether it's justifiable. Let's see...

Not sure if you were part of CB but those percentages in Infected, Psychosis, and Lethargy Flask were there because there wasn't a special trait you can put your points into to raise them. In CB, the only way to increase those percentages were to level those spells up. When OB began, they introduced various new traits and one of these were Willpower. Willpower made it possible to increase these percentages even further. At level 20, you have 100 points at your disposal and if you were to invest all of these points into Willpower then you would receive 10 into Willpower. This gives you an extra 10% chance to inflict any status ailments at your enemy. This chance doubles at level 40 and becomes a 33% chance at level 66. Without factoring in Infected's, Psychosis', and Lethargy's percentages, this makes it so that it is possible that one out of three of your air spells are able to inflict a status ailment if they are capable of doing so. Let's assume you've kept one of these spells close to your level. A level 66 Infected Flask has a 44.6% chance (It has an 11.6% chance at level 66 without Willpower; 0.1% chance per level) to inflict Gangrene. A level 66 Psychosis Flask has a 35.64% chance (2.64% without Willpower; 0.04% chance per level) to inflict Madness. Finally, Lethargy Flask has a 36.96% chance (3.96% without Willpower, 0.06% chance per level) to inflict Sleepy. Not too bad, huh? Let's look at them at level 100:

(Assuming you continue putting points into Willpower)
Infected Flask: 65% chance
Psychosis Flask: 56% chance
Lethargy Flask: 58% chance

So... what do you think about it now? There's a 65% chance to inflict Gangrene which does -15 HP per AP used (-90 HP for 6 AP and -120 HP for 8 AP) and this is supplemental damage. A 56% chance to inflict Madness with Psychosis Flask which causes a foe to behave illogically (Either skips a turn or attacks a friendly unit) and a 58% chance to inflict Sleepy with Lethargy Flask which puts (a) foe(s) to sleep causing them to skip their turn (unless it gets attacked). Don't forget that these spells also deal damage. Let's compare it to the nerf:

Infected Flask: 50% chance
Psychosis Flask: 50% chance
Lethargy Flask: 50% chance

Slightly lower, but still a good gamble. If you're still reading this, the new mechanic doesn't affect air Enis as badly as one would have thought it would do. If anything, it actually benefits them as they now have one more way to raise those percentages.

P.S: Whenever any of these spells gets a Critical Hit their percentage doubles.

@Blackeagle: If the Enirpsa wanted to get the most out of the Water and Air trees, they would need a 100% Hygiene buff. You're right, it doesn't effect fire.

@Artifect: I'm sensing some sarcasm in that. If there are, then I apologize if I have offended you in some way as that was not my intention. Only reason why I responded to your post the way I did is because your post made a suggestion that I found to be inaccurate. Also, generalities doesn't help convey your message properly if that's what you meant.
0 0
Score : 88

I'm surprised and happy a Dev went out of their way to go out and test an Eni. I always thought the class was missing... something. Can't really put a name on it, but I think the fact that they're trying to make a change so that Eni's can live up to their potential is nice.

I'm looking forward to trying this, if they decide to bring it to the North American servers, which I'm hoping they do... Because playing a pure water Eniripsa was a bit brutal, compared to other classes.

0 0
Score : 8304

It doesn't matter what server your on. Everyone gets the same content. I'm also a big fan of the developer working on this, and I'm happy he played the classes he made changes for.

0 0
Score : 1581

Nope, no sarcasm.

0 0
Score : 45

By the way, they've edited the Fire branch to also apply the Hygiene effect on the French forums, if you were looking for a non-healing Eni.

Check it out.

Or just go back to the first page for the link, it's not that far away.

0 0
Score : 50

I could quote all that... but that would just be obnoxious.

1) It feels like a harsh nerf to me because of what you have to sacrifice to get the status effects up that 50% mark, which is why I had some doubts about air before they announced this possible reduction.

2) I'm skeptical of calling this a benefit. Considering an air Eni would have +air gear on and no points in chance, even if you invested the time to level the water skills the heals wouldn't be that spectacular. The only time it would be beneficial is if you couldn't use your air skills for whatever reason you would get a buff for healing that turn. I guess that's something.

3) Either I'm spectacularly unlucky or madness isn't quite as good as described. It seems like well over half the times when I land it in pve the enemy continues to attack like normal, and in pvp the first time I landed it the madness AI actually played better than the player had been.

0 0
Score : 1644

It's too bad Eniripsa's air tree is getting changed, because it coincides with Feca's recent buffs. Fecas can put down 3 glyphs on the ground that give you 100 Will Power when you stand on them. : )

0 0
Score : 395

Right when I was getting the hang of this class they put it back in the blender...

0 0
Score : 1533
reiry|2012-02-23 02:40:32
Ok, I retract my previous statement, air was not nerfed into the ground. The damage wasn't changed at all... but still, changing all the status %s to 0 is the equivalent of a 20 to 150 stat point nerf. (depending on which spell you're using and what level it is)

While yes I agree water Enis needed help I have no idea why they took the occasion to nerf air. Were there screams of outrage about how OP Enis are on the French forums after the damage buff?

It is a nice boost to water, thought it seems to be designed so that when you finally get up to the full effect while zombifying you're almost out of wakfu points.
They didn't need to nerf Air Enis, but the problem was that a decently-equipped Air Eni could dominate someone in PvP. With 80% chance of applying effects that most classes have no way of removing and a long range to kite with. I only saw this happen once though.

EDIT: This was at level 100 with the bugs for levelling, but levelling an Air Eni normally would be brutal.
0 0
Score : 2824

One of the biggest problems with Air is to get a 50% chance to cause a status from Air (no willpower), you have to spam healing word for 12 turns, if I understand the system correctly.

The way I see how Air branch should be is at the least have the base % chance be 5,5,10 for madness, sleepy,and gangreene respectively. Because as the stats I see are now, Air can not physically out damage Fire unless you have a decent amount of will power or 6AP,4MP with Psychosis or 2MP,1WP,7AP with Psycho and Torpor(forgot english name).

The Water branch, my favorite, is just going to be even more awesome. While it will take a few turns to get over the 10% from Aquaheal, all the healing spells add to hygiene.

The Fire branch is looking pretty nice, good damage with decent support. If the Hygiene add for fire is true, that will be interesting.

I'm interested in Regeneration and Eniraser when they are decided on. If Eniraser does indeed resurrect players, I'm assuming it will cost 2-3WP, possibly AP too, since it's bringing a player back into the fight.(dunno about their health or debuffs upon reentering) That would also bring Transendence into question. If I could set it up, I would say we make it a healer friendly version of Unnatural Remedies, like become untargetable with +100% heals for 2WP(no healing from the spell directly), this would also provide a decent combo with Unnatural Remedies, making you unattackable while you deal a large amount of damage for 2 turns while sacrificing the larger output for going 6 turns of just UR.

All in all, I see the Fire and Water as pretty nice as they look, with some increase in Air's %chance or damage to make them worthwhile and the Specialty spells being much more interesting and useful when i get a chance to use them.

0 0
Score : 874

Okay this might actually change my decision whether or not to subscribe.
Though kind of sucks for other trees...

0 0
Respond to this thread