FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

+ Damage but not + Heals?

By wunderwaffle2 - MEMBER - February 21, 2012, 23:20:25

As many of you are aware from the most recent update, the Eni's damage spells were increased, but their healing spells remained the same. I don't remember that many people complaining about the damage of Eni's, seeing as though the class is the only HEALING class in the game. So here's my question: Why haven't the Eni's water tree spells been buffed yet?

I love Eni's, always have, purely because they are the healing class in Wakfu. But what I don't understand is how the healing class can be so ineffective in battle...

I will remain to play the class out of pure love, but I just wish (if any powerful Wakfu person is listening), that the Eni's be buffed! You guys have 8 days! Make some magic happen!

Anyone have some ideas on acceptable buffs for the water tree?

0 0
Reactions 8
Score : 904

They should make the water branch more practical. Replace either invigorating word or revitalizing word with a damage spell (possibly a siphon type spell). I started playing Ecaflip last week and Fleeches seem to be overall more effective than anything the Eni's water branch had to offer. Why? Because it allows the eca to support team members with both heals and supplementary damage.

0 0
Score : 7401
RunawayLoveTrain|2012-02-22 04:54:02
They should make the water branch more practical. Replace either invigorating word or revitalizing word with a damage spell (possibly a siphon type spell). I started playing Ecaflip last week and Fleeches seem to be overall more effective than anything the Eni's water branch had to offer. Why? Because it allows the eca to support team members with both heals and supplementary damage.
If you want to do damage and heal a little in pve go fire. Or if you want to heal while doing damage as water you can always cast zombie and hit the enemy with invigorating, the bounce back will heal you and others on your team. Only complaints I have about water tree is revitalizing has bad range (which can't be increased like other spells) and it also doesn't heal the eni itself, besides that the only heal that can heal through targets cost a WP.
0 0
androgyous|2012-02-22 07:19:48
If you want to do damage and heal a little in pve go fire. Or if you want to heal while doing damage as water you can always cast zombie and hit the enemy with invigorating, the bounce back will heal you and others on your team. Only complaints I have about water tree is revitalizing has bad range (which can't be increased like other spells) and it also doesn't heal the eni itself, besides that the only heal that can heal through targets cost a WP.
I was speaking more or less on how the Eni healing class is limited in both team and solo play. Having an entire skill branch with no attacks means you need to go out of your way just simply to attack. You can rely on zombification, but it costs WP and you'd need to invest skill points to be able to use it and your heals in the same turn, meaning you'd need to forgo more useful supports such as Expert Healer and Constitution. You'll be weaker for longer just to be able to do some marginal damage, and your play style will be very limited. It seems rather unfair when ONE SKILL that another class possesses pretty much outdoes an entire skill branch.
0 0
RunawayLoveTrain|2012-02-22 07:42:35
androgyous|2012-02-22 07:19:48
I was speaking more or less on how the Eni healing class is limited in both team and solo play. Having an entire skill branch with no attacks means you need to go out of your way just simply to attack. You can rely on zombification, but it costs WP and you'd need to invest skill points to be able to use it and your heals in the same turn, meaning you'd need to forgo more useful supports such as Expert Healer and Constitution. You'll be weaker for longer just to be able to do some marginal damage, and your play style will be very limited. It seems rather unfair when ONE SKILL that another class possesses pretty much outdoes an entire skill branch.
I don't see anything wrong with water damage. Most people also don't max zombie either, they get it to the point that it cost 1 ap and one wp to cast revit. Eni's are also one of the fastest leveling classes since you can fight enemies that heal and just cast zombie on them. You make it sound like you will be years without expert healer or constitution if you spec into zombie, which isn't the case, since it's pretty easy to level to about 30 or so (At 30 you'd have 145 points to use!). I seen eni's at level 100 that were water, just own other classes. If you really want to do damage without zombie, in the one spec that is meant for healing in the game (you picked a support character) just use a water element weapon, it will get the bonuses from your water damage.
0 0

When was the last time you saw these level 100 Enis? Pre-OB, which is before the devs broke them, or post dupe glitch when players broke everything with spell and exp scrolls?

Also, wording is key. Notice how I said they were limited. Relying on WP for damage limits them to 6 rounds of heal damage before they resort to their weapons. That's a very limited style of play, especially if you solo. And the damage isn't even up to par with what other classes can do without quickly consuming their WP.

I know I'm bringing this comparison up too many times, but Fleeches are really what heals in this game should have been. They're not awfully powerful (though they can be with investment), but their versatility makes them so effective it's mind-boggling. You can use them offensively or defensively. You can use them yourself or allow allies to choose to use them. They heal, but they also deal damage so not only you restoring health to your party members, you're bringing the fight to a quicker end. Enis seem to have trouble with the latter, and in a game as slow-paced as Wakfu, it can be extremely frustrating.

0 0
Score : 384
RunawayLoveTrain|2012-02-22 08:56:53

Notice how I said they were limited. Relying on WP for damage limits them to 6 rounds of heal damage before they resort to their weapons. That's a very limited style of play, especially if you solo. And the damage isn't even up to par with what other classes can do without quickly consuming their WP.

This isn't entirely true, Eni's do have the triad mark which allows them to steal WP from the enemy to prolonging their zombie abilities. tongue
0 0

Some enemies, especially the ones you encounter after level 30, burn away their wp too quickly for you to steal. From level 1-25 or so it's still sometimes a struggle since casting that mark takes a turn and you really don't have that much hp to work with.

0 0
RunawayLoveTrain|2012-02-22 18:29:57
Some enemies, especially the ones you encounter after level 30, burn away their wp too quickly for you to steal. From level 1-25 or so it's still sometimes a struggle since casting that mark takes a turn and you really don't have that much hp to work with.
I made it into the 50's prior to scrolling on an eni and never really ran into WP problems while grinding as water. I think the class is completely great, especially after last patch, however, regardless of how any of us feel about it, it's most likely going to be changed at launch in ways we may or may not like.

But I agree, at any point while soloing, casting marks, if you're not fire, is not the way to go. If you're solo farming stick to your water spells and the fights will be over 1,2,3. Just go zombie and solo healing enemies 10 levels higher than you for some easy experience.
0 0
Respond to this thread