FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Everybody Loves Coneys

By Bonnibelle January 29, 2012, 23:00:18

So I've been wondering, is there any practical use for these little buggers other than being disturbingly adorable and walking into enemies?

I want to use Coney Mark more often but... Look into its eyes.

Tell me you don't see the malice in those little beady eyes. That calculating little mind, maniacally pulling you towards your downfall as it proceeds to heal the wrong party member every single turn. It's too dangerous to even try leveling the spell.

Seriously has anyone ever had a Coney that did something correctly?
0 0
Reactions 14
Score : 8558

You forgot that it likes to tank as well tongue 

0 0
Score : 1534

Math time! 5 AP for 63 Fire damage. That is a 12.6 AP ratio, but that is just slightly below average. (Average is around 14APR). The Coney can only heal for 16 HP at level 100 I believe, so even with super coney +120%, it won't be worth it.

0 0
Score : 7401
Modesty|2012-01-30 19:46:54
Math time! 5 AP for 63 Fire damage. That is a 12.6 AP ratio, but that is just slightly below average. (Average is around 14APR). The Coney can only heal for 16 HP at level 100 I believe, so even with super coney +120%, it won't be worth it.
If they made the coneys healing like its hp based on your stats and you could control it, I feel it would be a lot better. At the moment though, I feel its just taking space on the fire tree, giving fire 1 less move.
0 0
Score : 874

So... even if you spend all your time trying to level them, Coneys are still a joke spell?

The fact that you can waste a turn "upgrading" makes me believe we were supposed to take them seriously.

0 0

I say believe, because there isn't any way I can find of learning their stats at level 100 mark. They heal for 4 at level 3, so I might have been guessing low. More likely, they follow the same APR curve that Healing Word does. (32 HP at max level.) The real reason that Ankama seems to think they were balanced was because they don't take any upkeep. Imagine if their AI worked correctly and they stayed away. You would be getting free heals while you tanked and fought the other monsters.

0 0

A good idea in theory, but the tanking AI and general idiocy makes them turn into the little monsters we know and love to hate.

Actually, I've noticed that my Coneys tend to do what their supposed to right after they're summoned. They heal turn after turn, but after a certain trigger in the battle their AI just tells them, "Master is in danger, I must protect her! Clearly I must sacrifice myself!". And then the little guy just sort of... walks right in front of me and the enemy immediately attacks it.

Kind of... silently praying they work out the Coney kink by the time of release. Might even make up for the Eniripsas short movement if they had an army of Coneys on hand at all times.

0 0
Score : 232

I was just about to say that if cuteness could kill, this thing would be invincible. Unfortunately the world of Wakfu is a cruel one.

0 0

So I'm a little late to the game, but I am just learning that you can mark friendlies with coney mark, after going through the Enu forums. Heck you can mark any friendly with any mark. I played with Srams who abuse their shadow all the time, why did I not think of this. I'm going to go sit in a corner.

0 0
Modesty|2012-02-04 21:48:56
So I'm a little late to the game, but I am just learning that you can mark friendlies with coney mark, after going through the Enu forums. Heck you can mark any friendly with any mark. I played with Srams who abuse their shadow all the time, why did I not think of this. I'm going to go sit in a corner.

... oh my god. Oh my god.

There's... there's a Sadida and an Enutrof on my party why... I need to try this.
0 0
Score : 1838

I dont think you can summon a coney from any character's summon.

=\ But you can still Sadist.

0 0
Score : 1645

I have no idea what the developers were thinking when they designed the Coney skill. It's so half-assed. There's just...nothing...good about them at all.

0 0
Score : 467

its funny because i saw a lvl 12 eni take out a group of piwis that ended up @ 28 and he didnt break a sweat, Coneys are great for group mobs, take a lil bit more tactics with 2 mobs... singles dont apply.

I understand that ALL the AI is a lil bit derpy derp, but the best thing to do with summons is undertstand WHY they do what they do, its not all dumbness its our ignorance smile
So experiment different situations , super coney is situational.. but a beefy summon throwing heals, and eveyone can have one( if leadership allows )... gets kinda stupid.

0 0
illRoy|2012-02-06 21:02:05
its funny because i saw a lvl 12 eni take out a group of piwis that ended up @ 28 and he didnt break a sweat, Coneys are great for group mobs, take a lil bit more tactics with 2 mobs... singles dont apply.

I understand that ALL the AI is a lil bit derpy derp, but the best thing to do with summons is undertstand WHY they do what they do, its not all dumbness its our ignorance smile
So experiment different situations , super coney is situational.. but a beefy summon throwing heals, and eveyone can have one( if leadership allows )... gets kinda stupid.

Actually for the record I made a new Eniripsa for the sole purpose of Coneys.

Hopefully they'll be not so stupid and heal Zombified enemies but...

Bonnibelle|2012-02-06 21:14:56

Actually for the record I made a new Eniripsa for the sole purpose of Coneys.

Hopefully they'll be not so stupid and heal Zombified enemies but...

I take back what I said about coneys being useless.

They are still stupid and have a horrendous A.I. but...

With basic maneuvering with large multi-enemy battles, coneys are a viable option and should not be completely overlooked. If you can pin the coney behind the front line so it does not get its cute little face bashed in, then coneys are useful.

I'm starting to like the little guys.
0 0
Score : 6

I think I was that Eni lol. I actually worry that they may nerf coney's. Yeah, your not super spectacular on a single target, but when there are multiple mobs use fear flask to corner someone weak, coney, kill, super coney, then just stand right infront of him if your afraid he will die, or get a clock hand type weapon, back yourself into the corner and attack over him. If you pump hp, they get to be pretty beefy, and as ilroy pointed out, *everyone* in your party can have one. Something else that seems underrated is heal drain, since each time one of those guys casts a heal you get a % of it as well. Constitution is pretty hot in that build too.

On a side note, I was looking at absorption, and it seems that the target takes all the damage, then it is refunded a % back as a small heal. Does anyone know if that also triggers Heal drain since like say, the enu drhellzerker form does? And what about massacuring mark?
0 0
Respond to this thread