FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Healers are underpowered.

By Earthly February 08, 2011, 11:41:30
Reactions 30
Score : 192

Hopefully there will be more people playing Eni as the game progresses because in my experiences so far I have not seen many healers out there.

0 0
Score : 552
Mutevex|2011-02-09 07:16:45
And that's about all enis are good for: resurrecting. I have an eni with lvl 20 words of invigoration, and 35 healing points (maxed out master healer + equips), and what do i heal for? 16. My most potent spell heals 16 hp. 16 hp after an iop gets hit for 50+. Nobody needs that in a group; we're just there for the infinite resurrect.

That's depressing but do remember invigoration rebounds so total it would've healed about 40 hp?
0 0
Score : 1798
Bulletr0k|2011-02-09 07:43:50
It's pretty depressing how everyone in this thread hasn't said a word about the very powerful air eni skills. Gangrene, sleep, madness are all very powerful

O yea, i forgot about Pysko Flask. Yea thats a pretty neat move aswell. IDK about gangrene and sleep. Those attacks are rather expensive. I'd rather just stick with Pysko.
0 0
Score : 4296
deathofrage|2011-02-09 09:37:11
Mutevex|2011-02-09 07:16:45
And that's about all enis are good for: resurrecting. I have an eni with lvl 20 words of invigoration, and 35 healing points (maxed out master healer + equips), and what do i heal for? 16. My most potent spell heals 16 hp. 16 hp after an iop gets hit for 50+. Nobody needs that in a group; we're just there for the infinite resurrect.

That's depressing but do remember invigoration rebounds so total it would've healed about 40 hp?

The trouble is that you can't always line up 4 people to heal.  Even if you can, they aren't always low on HP; sometimes you're against one monster, and that monster is just wailing on one guy.  In that case, 16 HP isn't contributing much.  Also, factor in that you can't control where your bounces go.. sometimes I heal a beacon instead of an ally.

Invigorating Word is still a great spell, but the other spells should be brought up to par.
0 0
Score : 185
Zethros|2011-02-09 04:59:19
My take on the Eni: Eni is not Underpowered. A slight buff will be nice, just a slight one, but not much is needed really.

Alot of people i find complain about the Eni's heals being "underpowered" because it cannot heal damage equivalent to the damage output of certain monsters.
OK i can understand that. Their heals are a bit underpowered with that, but really, its not as bad as people make it out to be. A slight buff is in order but not a superbly great one.

What i noticed about Wakfu Eni's versus Dofus Eni's is that they are trying to make them not as powerful as they once were in Dofus. They were able to heal so much to the point where in one turn they can fully recover all of their HP. In Wakfu, it seems that their healing abilities are limited to, how onoz said, delay death, not completly replenish one's HP. If Eni's were capabable of that, it would be Dofus all over again. Eni's are support. their healing ability is pretty ok.

I think this would hold more weight, if the maximum number of members in an enemy party was equal to that of ours. But it isn't.

Even if Eniripsas were able to "cancel" out the damage done to a teammate from one enemy's action, it could hardly be considered overpowered, as the
incoming damage from the extra enemies allowed in their party would more than make up for what was healed. In many cases even if we "canceled" out damage, there would still be no keeping up.

Also. Some people are reading the healing QQ and assuming we want a heal that's buffed to the point of canceling out damage. Quit assuming such and realize there needs to be a balance between "canceling" out damage and the level of sustainability that is currently possible with the Eniripsa's healing potency.

Healing in it's current state is simply laughable. As I mentioned earlier, Eniripsas as of now are basically just floating Marks of Renewal.
0 0
Score : 4389

And at the end of the day, when all 14 classes are avaliable are you really going to want to play an eni over other classes? Support or not? I know I won't be, not at the current state of eni. If you want to have eni's in your future gameplay maybe you should take into consideration what these people are really saying.

0 0
Score : 1590
Bulletr0k|2011-02-09 07:43:50
It's pretty depressing how everyone in this thread hasn't said a word about the very powerful air eni skills. Gangrene, sleep, madness are all very powerful

And have horrible percentages for their states, and deal way less damage than an iop or cra would per turn. What's the use of levelling spells that will always be less effective? might as well play a dpt oriented class if you want to do damage. We're talking about healing.
0 0
Score : 126

I tried Eni out and it takes forever to do anything, I cant heal even enough to delay death, I cant do damage really and Im not sure who said eni's are squishy because all characters in Wakfu/Dofus are squishy in a sense since there is no armor just % reductions from an element. A "Tank" class will take the same damage from a skill as a "Healer" class, it all depends on %resist.

0 0
Score : 1034

I am a little sad that Eniripsas seem to be tactically "negative" in a group. (the group would be better with an iop or cra than eni by far)
As for usefulness, Itsade (keeps/brings back Eni) and Revive (brings back allies) are really the most used because they are the most powerful.
I cant deny the usefullness of gangrene or sleep, but the chance of landing it is low.

As for strategy, Eniripsas used to be a fun class because you had to keep your distance from enemies, stay close to allies, and keep HP high enough to match a character of equal level's damage. That was strategy. I dont know what to call what it is now.
(I realize so far, comparing the damage of iop to heals of eni is ridiculous because iop is a highly damaging class)
As (nearly) always, Eniripsas usually dont do well as solo. I can accept that.

From a purely group perspective, if the eni can't pull its weight in damage or heals, it is just a punching bag.

Honestly, I want a healing eniripsa back ... One that can match (or almost / a little more than) damage from one enemy.
I dont care much about the revive (honestly, lets admit, it's overpowered). But I want my heals back.

0 0
Score : 208

Unfortunately, I think the whole itsade-self-revive thing has been patched. Another Eni in my group today was unable to recover from death using itsade after trying it several times just to make sure.

IamIsaacqwerty|2011-02-10 04:04:13
I am a little sad that Eniripsas seem to be tactically "negative" in a group. (the group would be better with an iop or cra than eni by far)
As for usefulness, Itsade (keeps/brings back Eni) and Revive (brings back allies) are really the most used because they are the most powerful.
I cant deny the usefullness of gangrene or sleep, but the chance of landing it is low.

As for strategy, Eniripsas used to be a fun class because you had to keep your distance from enemies, stay close to allies, and keep HP high enough to match a character of equal level's damage. That was strategy. I dont know what to call what it is now.
(I realize so far, comparing the damage of iop to heals of eni is ridiculous because iop is a highly damaging class)
As (nearly) always, Eniripsas usually dont do well as solo. I can accept that.

From a purely group perspective, if the eni can't pull its weight in damage or heals, it is just a punching bag.

Honestly, I want a healing eniripsa back ... One that can match (or almost / a little more than) damage from one enemy.
I dont care much about the revive (honestly, lets admit, it's overpowered). But I want my heals back.
0 0
Score : 1798

Well actually, as a re-thought. I could agree with the underpoweredness now. Its...getting a bit draggy as an Eniripsa now.

What i have noticed is that, in situations where it seems impossible to win, THATS when i am needed.
In situations where the odds are fine and no need of "miricales" are in order. that is when i am unncessary to have...

My time being an Eni only has its shining moments versus impossible things and not the norms. I really dont like that. And alot of the time, doing the "impossible" situation renders little reward. You might aswell stick with the possible untill you are ready to take the impossible without the Eni...

And just as reference, when i say "impossible" situations, i mean like a bunch of level 10's in Gobbal dungeon final room, or a bunch of lvl 30's versus the Celestial Gobbal of Cloudy Dungeon. Without an Eni, everyone is sure to fail. But really, leveling and coming back when you are ready would solve that problem rather quickly.

Unless the Eniripsas get revamped again, i think i might go Xelor as i orignally planned. Eni's seem to dependant on infrequent situations.

0 0
Respond to this thread