FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Healers are underpowered.

By Earthly February 08, 2011, 11:41:30

The healing abilities barely do anything I hope they can scale off better when open beta comes. Otherwise they're just useless. =[

0 0
Reactions 30
Score : 5781
Earthly|2011-02-08 11:41:30
The healing abilities barely do anything I hope they can scale off better when open beta comes. Otherwise they're just useless. =[

Consider getting every spell in that element tree to 20.
0 0
Score : 185
Johnwiddin|2011-02-08 12:15:33

Done.

Even then, their healing potency is arguably not plausible for legitimate sustainability.

As of right now, with healing this underwhelming, Eniripsas are practically just floating Marks of Renewal.
0 0
Score : 5781
Halcyondayz|2011-02-08 12:34:19
Johnwiddin|2011-02-08 12:15:33

Done.

Even then, their healing potency is arguably not plausible for legitimate sustainability.

As of right now, with healing this underwhelming, Eniripsas are practically just floating Marks of Renewal.

Ah Okay then. I figured healing for roughly 30 by my local eni was enough.
I could be wrong though.
0 0
Score : 284

Well hopefully things get balanced out (as I'm sure they will) after beta.

0 0
Score : 4389

They did have better healing potential in Dofus. In Wakfu I pretty much released after I got to xx level that it wasn't worth my time and I should just do professions until a better suited or newer class came out. Atleast that way I wouldn't have to be behind in leveling a particular character.

0 0
Score : 1159

Apparently the Enis are still evolving so see should hopefully see some changes in their healing and other things soon...and i want my darn revive spell back -.-

0 0
Score : 42

i think the healers are intended to slow down a teammate's death, not completely cancel out damage.

0 0
Score : 99

Perhaps the healers are not underpowered, just lacking in skill levels, equipment and support skill bonuses to healing.

0 0
Score : 948

IIRC, crafted staffs give a better heal boost than drops.

The hour staff, or whatever it's called (long range crafting lvl 15), gives a 10% boost to heals

0 0
Score : 88

They are definitely underpowered for level specific content with the classes
out now. When an Iop warrior gets hit for 60 by a warchief and I heal for 10,
at best I will buy one more round of combat worth healing. If the intent is
that Iop shouldn't be tanking and we have to wait for tank classes to come out
and they will receive less damage, than it makes more sense. From a recovery
standpoint (i.e. someone screwed up) they aren't useful either. If another
class gets hit for 80 by that same warchief, it will take me 5-6 turns of doing
nothing but healing to get that person topped off... That I find silly.

For reference I have 3 points in master healing and level 24. At level 25 I
will get master healing 4. Most of my heals are in the 10-18 level range,
which is consistent with all my skills except the marks which are all below
level 10 (except renew). I have tofu gear right now, I understand it’s not
great for healing, but the movement bonus and initiative are very useful for
making sure I keep in range of whatever I have renewal on, because let’s be
honest that is the only thing people want Eni in their groups for right now.

I don’t have access to the math the developers do, but I don’t think even a
25% increase in my heals would be sufficient. I would like to be doing about 35
point heals instead of the 10 point heals I am right now.

0 0
Score : 4389

In almost all mmo's I have played including Dofus and this one I tend to make a healer class just because of the mere fact parties always lack them. In other games I play people literally BEG for a healer to join their party. On Wakfu on the otherhad...even though there are only 3 classes I have actually been kicked out of a party with like 4 cras and 2 iops BECAUSE I was an eni.

Now if that doesn't show how unbalanced they are then I don't know what else to say.

Low heals, low damage, why play it in it's current state?

fyi: We were all around the same levels and my healing spells are the higher than my "combat" spells, I guess you could say I was going for Full Support.

Support classes are already a pain to level solo, don't make them not even useful in a group.

0 0
Score : 913

I'm content with the eni being flexible over just a heal stick one trick pony

0 0

Hey, I'm new to the game, and always have loved casters, especially support types.

But, I've seen (in my relatively short time with Wakfu) that the healers seem a bit under-whelming as well.

My biggest gripe is that it seems that up-ing my 'healing' skill (not the spell(s), but the actual 'skill') doesn't seem to do a thing.  At first level gained, it says that it grants +5 to healing spells.  But every time I've casted a healing spell (whether it be on myself, or on a zombified monster), I do not see the extra +5... just the normal stuff.

Am I missing something?  Maybe I missed an option somewhere to turn the skill 'on' after paying for it?  Or is it just not working?

0 0
Score : 648
PiMac10|2011-02-09 00:26:38
Hey, I'm new to the game, and always have loved casters, especially support types.

But, I've seen (in my relatively short time with Wakfu) that the healers seem a bit under-whelming as well.

My biggest gripe is that it seems that up-ing my 'healing' skill (not the spell(s), but the actual 'skill') doesn't seem to do a thing.  At first level gained, it says that it grants +5 to healing spells.  But every time I've casted a healing spell (whether it be on myself, or on a zombified monster), I do not see the extra +5... just the normal stuff.

Am I missing something?  Maybe I missed an option somewhere to turn the skill 'on' after paying for it?  Or is it just not working?

It doesn't add +5, it adds +5%. Meaning if your heal did 100 it would add 5 to it, if it did 50 it would add 2.5 to it. You'll need a lot of +healing before it'll start to be very noticeable.
0 0
Ikerus|2011-02-09 01:31:35
PiMac10|2011-02-09 00:26:38

It doesn't add +5, it adds +5%. Meaning if your heal did 100 it would add 5 to it, if it did 50 it would add 2.5 to it. You'll need a lot of +healing before it'll start to be very noticeable.
 Ah.  Must've not seen the percent sign... even though I saw it on the other applicable skills.  My 'bad'.

Well then, just makes me wanna add more into it, just to get the percent up higher.  smile  Thanks.
0 0
Score : 295

Eni was the first one I made on NA they are a little more difficult to play (then the other 2), and by far more dependent on equipment. I say this because if you were to do what someone above suggested get all spells in water to lvl 20, all you'd be doing is increasing the damgae of the spell not the heals. Or rather that the damage % wouldn't affect the healing a spell does,this is partly why you should pick spells and focus on them so you can raise the spell higher, that way your heal % will better increase your heals, and your spells will also heal better to begin with.

I should mention that there's a healer in my guild ~level 30 that can heal 30~hp, was in a group pvp against cats fairly recently...(that could be touchy bringing that person up) and she rocked with her heals.

0 0
Score : 1798
My take on the Eni: Eni is not Underpowered. A slight buff will be nice, just a slight one, but not much is needed really.

Alot of people i find complain about the Eni's heals being "underpowered" because it cannot heal damage equivalent to the damage output of certain monsters.
OK i can understand that. Their heals are a bit underpowered with that, but really, its not as bad as people make it out to be. A slight buff is in order but not a superbly great one.

What i noticed about Wakfu Eni's versus Dofus Eni's is that they are trying to make them not as powerful as they once were in Dofus. They were able to heal so much to the point where in one turn they can fully recover all of their HP. In Wakfu, it seems that their healing abilities are limited to, how onoz said, delay death, not completly replenish one's HP. If Eni's were capabable of that, it would be Dofus all over again. Eni's are support. their healing ability is pretty ok.

What alot of people forget about the Eniripsa though, is thier new Marks. Alot of people scream "I WANT RESSURECTION BACK". well if you look right in front of your face its there. Renewal Mark. Its set up so that to keep someone alive, you basically "channel" your AP every turn to keep them in the fight. I like the idea. Now that i think about it, having the ability to resurrect someone at will seems a bit "cheezy" as someone else in another thread stated. Healers already increase max hp and heal hp, they can fully ressurect too?
Now the thing about renewal word is that it can keep someone alive forever at no WP cost, no matter how much damage they take, once the Eni is in range. I beat Royal Gobbal by using the last of my teammates' body as a Zombie Tank. It took about 40 turns but i killed Royal Gobbal, only using renewal word! The only downside to Renewal word is that you do not get the whole selection of a players skills, the Enirpsa himself must control the character to the best of his/her ability, and that the Eni, being left with only 2ap, cannot do much more while keeping someone alive and under control.

Also, people think Eni's are squishy. THEY CAN BE TANKS! Itsade Mark. This mark gives 50% of the max hp of the target to the caster Eni as a heal when the target dies. Alot of monsters near lvl 30 have at least 200hp, so you can get an easy 100hp every time a monster dies. ALSO!!, if you were to get KO'd while tanking, itsade mark can revive the Eniripsa!
Eting mark gives the Eni WP, so you can use Recovery Word, a very strong heal, quite often.
Coney mark gives you an extra helper to keep everyone sustained.

Take a new perspective on the Eniripsa. A lot of you just think of "healer" and jump to the conclusion "squishy with super heals". Thats why i see alot of FAIL Eniripsas out there now. Eni's that have no fire skills. Eni's who souly main Water and have no other skills avalable to them. Then they complain about being "underpowered".

I am Zethros, a level 27 Eniripsa, and the main role i've seen myself play best is best described as a Necromancer Tank.
I either Tank, or get someone or SOMETHING (like a gobbal warchief) to tank for the team. Low damage, ok, mid-low heals, sure, high survivablity, YES!. Remember in the Eni's description, "Eniripsas need a good meat shield". They cant 1v1 but they sure as hell make a difference in a group. I've changed the tides of "hopeless" situations far to many times to say that Eni's are underpowered....
0 0
Score : 1590

And that's about all enis are good for: resurrecting. I have an eni with lvl 20 words of invigoration, and 35 healing points (maxed out master healer + equips), and what do i heal for? 16. My most potent spell heals 16 hp. 16 hp after an iop gets hit for 50+. Nobody needs that in a group; we're just there for the infinite resurrect.

0 0
Score : 913

It's pretty depressing how everyone in this thread hasn't said a word about the very powerful air eni skills. Gangrene, sleep, madness are all very powerful

0 0
Respond to this thread