FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Why is healing so bad?

By February 08, 2011, 07:23:25

So I consider myself a reasonable person, also a person who adapts well to change. This is my first time in the Wakfu/Dofus world, experiencing it in this Closed Beta, and I find the game to be very charming.

Also, I enjoy healing classes. In any game I play, if there is a healing/support class available, I will play them. Group play is what I'm interested in and enjoy doing.

However, Eniripsa's Hands, while descripted as the healers in the game, come up incredibly short. So am I missing something? A mob hits me or my teammate for 10, but my heals only do 3 or 4 heals per turn? And even when I got that low AP heal that you can cast three times in one turn, it still only heals a total of 9, when monsters hit for 10+. So is this some sort of imbalance or am I just totally just spending my points wrong?

Thank you for any information or feedback you guys can provide from this. Thanks!

PS - I really want to like this game, and I thought about playing Feca's Shield since healing is sorely lacking, or so I perceive.

0 0
Reactions 13
Score : 208

This is the sad reality of being an Eniripsa
Anyways, the closest way you'll get to healing optimum amounts is to level Word of Recovery and use it with Renewing Word and Healing+ equipment.

0 0
Score : 913

It may change drastically as you level (I'm an air eni, so I don't know), or it may just have to be tweaked to become effective. It is why we're here, to point out flaws.

0 0
Score : 42

I feel like having heals relatively low is good for balance. If heals were to out-do damage then eni's would be very over powered. Healing shouldn't completely cancel out damage. It mostly slows death giving you or your team the advantage needed to kill harder monsters.

Although it there is room for a slight buff to the heals. +3 health is still pretty low tongue

0 0
Score : 362

Yeah, everyones (understandably) complaining about the heals. But I agree: It's to slow death rather than prevent it here. Which may be a turn off for some. You can tell someone to get back and heal though, you know, take two or 3 turns healing a person to get them back into the fight. But if healing outdid damage, an enirpsa and an Iop could tank a boss with no issue. I suppose it should be that way if Enirpsa's are supposed to be the beloved, always wanted support class. Also you mostly take on more than one monster, so you should probably atleast be able to out do the damage of one monster while fighting three+. I think I'll make another enirpsa and see just how powerful healing can get. As in heal all the time, for every battle, and be ridiculously ridiculed about my lack of other skills.

0 0
Score : 4296

We've had this discussion a few times already in other threads, and the consensus always seems to be that heals should be good enough that an Eni is worth no more or less than a member of a different class in a group. The complaint, however, is that, especially at early levels, an Eni focused on heals does not pull his or her weight in a fight.

My Eni is about to hit level 30 and right now I'd say he pulls his weight. I'm concerned, however, that my spells are not leveling well in groups, and that they'll quickly fall behind, since I'm not terribly good at soloing yet. I have all of my water spells at level 20 or higher, and I am wearing the absolute best healing gear for my level, in an 8AP build. I'm at that point where my spells are not leveling nearly as quickly as I am, though, so my heals will start to drop off in relative efficiency soon.

So far, so good, though. I'm getting by. If they fix a few things (getting Invigorating Word to trigger Heal Drain, and getting Eniclean to actually DO something), then I may have a good future as a water Eni.

If you want to ask questions in game, look for Peaseblossom.

0 0
Score : 1590
DrProfessor|2011-02-13 15:53:50
Yeah, everyones (understandably) complaining about the heals. But I agree: It's to slow death rather than prevent it here. Which may be a turn off for some. You can tell someone to get back and heal though, you know, take two or 3 turns healing a person to get them back into the fight. But if healing outdid damage, an enirpsa and an Iop could tank a boss with no issue. I suppose it should be that way if Enirpsa's are supposed to be the beloved, always wanted support class. Also you mostly take on more than one monster, so you should probably atleast be able to out do the damage of one monster while fighting three+. I think I'll make another enirpsa and see just how powerful healing can get. As in heal all the time, for every battle, and be ridiculously ridiculed about my lack of other skills.

'Vs a boss?' enis cant even keep up with a mob of equal level. a level 20 eni and iop vs a warchief, the eni cannot keep up in heals. Heals should at least be decent enough to keep up with a single mob; that's the point of 2vs1. The eni not being able to heal past a group of mobs is understandable, thats a slow death scenario. But really, why have an eni healing a third of the damage when you could have another iop dealing just as much damage as you? Heals are underpowered, period. We don't have to read them in some 'oh theyre slowing death' light. Theyre just underpowered.

takewithfood|2011-02-13 22:35:42
We've had this discussion a few times already in other threads, and the consensus always seems to be that heals should be good enough that an Eni is worth no more or less than a member of a different class in a group. The complaint, however, is that, especially at early levels, an Eni focused on heals does not pull his or her weight in a fight.

My Eni is about to hit level 30 and right now I'd say he pulls his weight. I'm concerned, however, that my spells are not leveling well in groups, and that they'll quickly fall behind, since I'm not terribly good at soloing yet. I have all of my water spells at level 20 or higher, and I am wearing the absolute best healing gear for my level, in an 8AP build. I'm at that point where my spells are not leveling nearly as quickly as I am, though, so my heals will start to drop off in relative efficiency soon.

So far, so good, though. I'm getting by. If they fix a few things (getting Invigorating Word to trigger Heal Drain, and getting Eniclean to actually DO something), then I may have a good future as a water Eni.

If you want to ask questions in game, look for Peaseblossom.

I don't see how you can have the best healing equip available in an 8ap buld, although casting invig twice certainly is something. I too am about to hit 30, and have my royal gob gear waiting; +20 healing points should bring my heals to about 35 a turn.
Which is shit healing vs 70-80 damage that gets dealt in a round by level 30+ mobs. And all I've levelled is water spells.
0 0

I heal about 20/16/10/5 or something to that effect with Invigorating Word, twice a round. In most group fights, I can get 3 people lined up for heals. That's about +90HP per round of heals. It isn't amazing, but as I said, I feel like I'm pulling my weight. Is it as much damage as opponents deal? No. Is it as much damage as my allies deal? Yes.

No, I don't have the 10% heals bonus from the royal gob set, as I'm wearing a different amulet, but I'm still looking at +81% heals in total, which I think is solid for my level. It could be 91% with more Royal Gob set, but I think the x2 Invig more than makes up for it.

Do keep in mind, though, that I agree that Eni heals are too low and I'm really hoping they'll buff them. Ankama almost never buffs (they seem to prefer to nerf EVERYTHING else), but it's a beta, so fingers crossed.

0 0
takewithfood|2011-02-14 05:57:59
I heal about 20/16/10/5 or something to that effect with Invigorating Word, twice a round. In most group fights, I can get 3 people lined up for heals. That's about +90HP per round of heals. It isn't amazing, but as I said, I feel like I'm pulling my weight. Is it as much damage as opponents deal? No. Is it as much damage as my allies deal? Yes.

No, I don't have the 10% heals bonus from the royal gob set, as I'm wearing a different amulet, but I'm still looking at +81% heals in total, which I think is solid for my level. It could be 91% with more Royal Gob set, but I think the x2 Invig more than makes up for it.

Do keep in mind, though, that I agree that Eni heals are too low and I'm really hoping they'll buff them. Ankama almost never buffs (they seem to prefer to nerf EVERYTHING else), but it's a beta, so fingers crossed.

I heal bout the same amount with most of a royal gob set (-boots, i'm using buk set for the wisdom) and a very high mastery, healing about 30 per turn with one invig per turn. It's not great but it can do well in smaller battles. It doesnt really change anything though; nobody wants an eni unless they feel they need a res later on, and theyre right to think that way. keeping one person alive a little longer in a tough battle is not as good as another man dealing twice as much damage.

Also, if your allies are only dealing 40 a turn, you should get some stronger allies. tongue
0 0

If you read what I wrote again, I said my allies deal 90+ a turn, not 40. ^__^

0 0

I'd say, then, that single heal spells should be revamped so that they heal more than the base heal for multitarget spells. This way focusing on one person is worth something if theyre being focused by enemies. also yea, 90+, read it wrong.

0 0

That's what I'd prescribe, too. Maybe a small boost for Word of Invigoration, but mostly it just needs to work in conjunction with Heal Drain for it to feel balanced. The TWO single-target ones need a big boost for sure. They should at least be healing a base 10 HP per AP by level 100. Currently they're at about 6.5 and 7.5, which is pathetic. I'm not sure what I'd do with Revitalizing.. the area is so awkward, but I suppose it has uses.

0 0
Score : 552
takewithfood|2011-02-14 05:57:59

Where are you getting 91% from?  the max is like 89%. Unless you have level 40 crafted shoes..
0 0

That's including my mastery (the bonus you get from leveling water spells). ^__^

0 0
Respond to this thread