FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

healing points fauilty, or different types of heals?

By February 07, 2011, 23:01:51

So the base heal on my word of vitality and word of invigoration are both even (+7 hp) and my expert healer skill is at +14. Yet vitality regualrly heals 10, and invigoration heals 8. I think either expert healer doesnt work as we thought, or different types of heals are effected differently (maybe invigoration is considered a direct target, since you only cast it on one, and vitality is aoe?)

0 0
Reactions 12
Score : 307

eni have just been a major disapointment

0 0
Score : 913

It's %, not + heals.

0 0
Score : 1193

Yeah, considering how their job is to heal, they've been complete garbage. They don't even do their job well.

-Thundra

0 0
Score : 1590
It's %, not + heals.

Did you even read the post?
0 0
Score : 8119

Try word of recovery. It takes wp but you've got etching mark so that doesnt matter. My word of recovery is at level 12 and it heals 15 hp with lvl3 expert healing and my tofu wand. It'll be healing even more when i get word of recovery to level 20.

0 0
Score : 172

It appears as though invigoration is affected the way you'd expect it to be, actually ( 7*1.14 = 7.98 = ~8.0 ) which means vitality is getting an extra-ridiculous boost?

Then again, there's also the hidden healing mastery to take into consideration...

If the modified heal values of vitality and invigoration are 9.6 and 8.4, respectively,
then they'd round to the values you mentioned here and have a 14% upwards differends from invig to vitality.

Still doesn't quite explain the difference :x Very strange.

0 0
Score : 4296

I suspect that base spell damage (or heals, in this case) actually includes a hidden decimal point that increases with level. I have noticed, for example, that my spells will start to do slightly more damage (or heals) after a level up, even if the base damage did not appear to actually go up.

For example, Word of Invigoration heals a base of +11 HP at level 24, and +12 HP at level 27. I suspect that the actual numbers look something like this:

Level 24 = +11.00 HP
Level 25 = +11.33 HP
Level 26 = +11.67 HP
Level 27 = +12.00 HP

Or something to that effect. And if these numbers are actually used, it might tip the modified number up a little bit. I'm guessing that Word of Vitality is closer to getting to +8 base heals than Invig is?

Also, keep in mind that there is a random effect that may boost your results slightly (or it may have no effect at all, depending on the roll). Though this would affect both spells, it might affect one with a higher hidden decimal more than the other.

0 0
takewithfood|2011-02-18 16:12:59
I suspect that base spell damage (or heals, in this case) actually includes a hidden decimal point that increases with level. I have noticed, for example, that my spells will start to do slightly more damage (or heals) after a level up, even if the base damage did not appear to actually go up.

For example, Word of Invigoration heals a base of +11 HP at level 24, and +12 HP at level 27. I suspect that the actual numbers look something like this:

Level 24 = +11.00 HP
Level 25 = +11.33 HP
Level 26 = +11.67 HP
Level 27 = +12.00 HP

Or something to that effect. And if these numbers are actually used, it might tip the modified number up a little bit. I'm guessing that Word of Vitality is closer to getting to +8 base heals than Invig is?

Also, keep in mind that there is a random effect that may boost your results slightly (or it may have no effect at all, depending on the roll). Though this would affect both spells, it might affect one with a higher hidden decimal more than the other.

That could just be the master punching through, since that does go up even if the spell power doesnt.
0 0
Score : 1276
takewithfood|2011-02-18 16:12:59

Level 24 = +11.00 HP
Level 25 = +11.33 HP
Level 26 = +11.67 HP
Level 27 = +12.00 HP

It could be like that because when you level your spells your elemental % goes up. So if you use alot of wind attacks you have a high wind dmg %.
This may work for healing but im not sure.

-Deividdomellow
0 0

You only gain +1% dmg (or heals, in this case) for every 2.5 spell levels.  That isn't enough to mean the difference between 1 or even 2 points of damage in most cases.  So, no, that isn't it. ^__^

0 0
takewithfood|2011-02-20 01:07:00
You only gain +1% dmg (or heals, in this case) for every 2.5 spell levels.  That isn't enough to mean the difference between 1 or even 2 points of damage in most cases.  So, no, that isn't it. ^__^

Except I highly doubt you used solely invig across 4 levels, so your master went up because other things leveled also. There's too much ambiguity in the equation, especially with the variance spells have for 'rolls'
0 0

I appreciate the tenacity, but you're still missing the big picture, here, Mutevex.

First of all, yes, I almost exclusively used Invig for 4 levels. I'm in an 8AP build so that I can use it x2 a round, almost every round. I gained maybe 2 other spell levels at around the same time. This still represents 1 or 2% extra heals, which is not significant enough. Even if I had gained 10 spell levels, we'd still be talking about 2%. That would not have been nearly enough in this case to bump the damage up by a whole point.

Second of all, I have observed this effect with every character I've ever played. Iops, Cras, etc. Spell damage often seems to increase right after a spell levels, even if it did not appear to do more damage.

Try this out for yourself as your spells level. It's much easier to observe the effects as an Eni, as heals, even when used offensively, are not affected by your target's resistances. I heal for the same amount no matter who I hit, zombie or ally, piwi or celestial gobball, so when it jumps from 23 to 25, I notice.

0 0
Respond to this thread