FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The New Eniripsa

By Zethros January 27, 2011, 01:57:42
Reactions 38
Score : 1895
takewithfood|2011-01-29 01:10:43
I've had three separate conversations with different people who each suggested that the new Eni would be a great class if it was actually a new class with a different theme - something like a necromancer, vampire, or witch. All the stealing and manipulation of life, the weird toxic potions, forbidden marks, the zombie monsters, etc, seem really unusual coming from an adorable little girl with fairy wings in a frilly dress. ^__^

Uh, I have to say, the current stuff makes a load of sense to me...

Stealing/manipulation of life... they're Eniripsas. Basically, HP controlling characters (which is normally done by healing). 

Toxic potions, I've always felt like Eniripsas were also alchemist, so I wasn't really surprised. Also, in Dofus Mont Haw'it or whatever is an alchemist as well as an Eniripsa.

Zombie monsters... well really then, a revival spell wouldn't make ANY sense at all either then... and nobody cared about that. ;o

They seem to basically be an artsy (uses the wand [I call it a brush :>] to "draw" marks on the opponent/stuff)/healing character.
0 0
Score : 2024

^^^^ +1

But, in all seriousness, I've been reading on the forums and other sites about how mad people are at the change, and i think it might be a good one. If people feel like it needs a new name, give it something nice, but necromancer... that's kind of creepy!

0 0
Score : 1034

WARNING: I go into an extremely long post about how I view the Eniripsa class. May consume 5 or more minutes to read. Summary at the bottom.
I couldnt pass up the chance to comment on the new eniripsa.

My background: I was a tester in v2, and now I am in v3.
In v2, I had an eniripsa, a little above level 40. I could add over a hundred hp to my allies, I could give them extra AP, I could revive them, I could keep up with the damage they took (6AP was 130 healing for me), and give them an absorbtion shield.

All of that: gone.
But now theres other (better?) things in their place!

I am now a level 12 (and rapidly increasing thanks to my guild) eniripsa in v3.
If you are from v2, dont expect the same gameplay experience. It has changed significantly! On the upside, we now have passive abilities that let us free up some AP from that notorious first turn buff period.

Encouragements:
Water branch:
-The two 4AP ones are actually decent (comparitively), capping at about 50 (Recovery) and 35 (Invigoration; bounces) heals respectively.
-I love the bounce mechanic!! Makes it possible to heal a group of allies without healing the enemy. Would like more range though (3? really? We are playing on bigger maps now too...)
-The no LOS heal? Love it! I can finally reach that guy on the other side of the enemy...

Fire branch:
-I LOVE that you guys are pushing the limits of game mechanics! Marks are an awesome new idea. (see lower for some ideas for improvements)
-I really like the ability to finally regain some of the Wakfu Points!! Eniripsas go through them so quickly and it is pretty vital to the play style!
-I also really like that some are ranged (WP and Revive).
-I like that they are forever because you can land it once and back off.

Air branch:
-It is a great way for eniripsas to get some damage out in battle. (see lower for some improvements)
-I also like several of the states that can be inflicted.
-Nice range (on most).

Support:
-I LOVE that we can have static powerups! No more first turn buffing! (See below though)
-Super coney, although fairly weak at the beginning, I imagine can make coneys really worth having around once you double their healing and HP.
-The new zombie spell (Counter Nature) is both good and bad. I really like the way states are 100% now. No more wasting Wakfu Points on a hope that you might land it... I also like that at level 0, it works for 2 turns. Really nice for soloing.
-Heal drain is AWESOME. I can heal myself while healing others? Perfectly in character for a healer/supporter. Also, I dont think it is overpowered or underpowered. I like it.
-Haven't used Unfocus, but it looks okay. Could be 3 turns in complete immunity... If I like spending that much AP (don't worry PvP'ers, 3 turns of eniripsa-fighting won't kill you)
-Constitution looks great! A little disappointing in small groups, but great in larger ones. In a small group, you may only add 30-50hp. But in larger groups you could add more like 250!
-I haven't tried Absorbtion, but it looks really great! (I'm expecting therefore a nerf) From what I hear it reduces average damage taken by almost 50%! Again, right idea for healer/supporter... maybe a little too much enthusiasm with this one. happy

Frustrations:
Water branch:
-I have level 10 healing word(3AP, just like last time) that allows me to heal for 5hp. 5HP!! What is that?? I cant even keep myself alive versus a gobbly or two (level 3-4 in this beta)!!
-I have level 8 renewing word (2AP) that heals for 3-4. Okay, thats a little better than healing word, but still around 10 per turn.
-The 5AP (AoE) for me is a joke. No range. Who takes damage? The people right up in the action. Where are eniripsas? Staying in the back, away from that. I haven't leveled this, not necessarily because I don't want to, I just never had a situation come up that way!

I'm sad in general that they do not consider healing + range to go hand in hand. The longest range heal? 3. That's pretty close. *No way (yet) to boost range either

Fire branch:
-Decent damage...
-I'm not necessarily against anything fire-related, but I have more to say about it general comments about fire...
-Oh, and the WP one takes 100%, not 50% like it says... Probably overpowered right now...
-The AP one is really pretty useless... I will never use that one in a true battle... I use 4 AP, he takes a little damage, and I might get 2-3 AP back? No thanks.
-I'm all for stronger eniripsas, but reviving a dead guy? I have to say I think this will be abused to become overpowered. Unless it is supposed to be like it is now, you cant ever take control of another player... As for right now, this spell is only useful on players to keep a team member in "limbo" until the fight is finished so he doesnt have to respawn (and I'm not entirely sure it works that way).

Almost forgot... We can get a coney! Wait, what? We have to train the fire branch if we want it? Um... (and keep training if we want stronger coneys) I honestly don't know what to suggest here. It's a good system, but it just seems a little off to me. It just doesn't feel right. (total self-opinion)

Air branch:
-Decent damage...
-What happened to controlling the battlefield?! I really liked that eniripsas could push enemies away if needed, now its 1 push from 1 square away... if you can't outrun them anyway, 1 push isn't going to help at all. (basically, it doesn't do anything unless used for push damage) I don't care much about damage here, but some better push or -MP would be nice.
-If you are deciding to go with a state-inflicting air eniripsa, I would like to see some higher percentagess on those states. I think one of the strongest maxes at 15% and unless you have a stinking ton of AP, once a turn.

Support spells:
-*sigh* Zombify renamed Counter Nature - No growth! At least nothing really worth it. All I see is 15% resist and honestly I think Fecas will make that move obsolete for allies. Against enemies, I am assuming it increases to 3, then 4 turns, but I have no idea! Even if it does, I dont really care as much. The 100% rate of landing it makes sure I don't use as much WP as last time. Instead, try adding range, or making the resist go DOWN on enemies... I hate buffing enemies.
-Continuing the trend of "excelent try" is Expert Healer. Some people love it. I don't. I considered the math in the first few seconds of looking at it. +20% healing for 85 points? I think in the other one we would have gotten +42% (also static). When also considering how few +heals equips there are, come on! Give us a break and balance this a little.
-Regeneration. I smell a nerf from last version. Ok, last time it was pretty fearsome in battle, maybe overpowered. But changing it to a 16% chance to heal 5% hp? ... lame even if it is passive. Maybe Useful against air iops that hit 10 times a turn, but monsters usualy hit 1-2. I would like to go back to the per turn basis.
-Explosive mark. How to tick off your teammates. How about punishing them for killing the enemy? Congrats, because thats what this one does. Kill it, everyone around takes damage. How about some healing instead?
-Eniclean. I cannot express how much I hate this spell. Mostly because I was so happy when they released the preview for Eniripsas and I saw that it can remove states. Wow! Finally get rid of some annoying monsters effects and make the game more fun for your team! Wrong. I have yet to see any state actually affected by this move. Marks? Nope. "Disembodied" (not really a state but I was hoping it would revive maybe) Nope. Zombify? Nope. Oh, and heres the kicker (as in kick in the shins) -- can't be cast on the enemy. What??? Let us cast on the enemy, and actually remove states and I won't even care that if its 4+ AP and low range all the time (It actually is one move that has decent range)

Thats it for my critiques of the spellset

If you like to "run the numbers", look below:
Just to compare:
Iop (I know its a damage class, but...)
Thundershock (3AP) max 46 (thats 92 per turn), 1 range
Impact (2AP and 1MP) max 20 (60) +3*25% chance of removing an MP from enemy, 1 range
Jabs (2AP) max 27! (81), 1 range
Intimidation (3AP) max 33 (66) and pushes 2 cells each (against a wall, thats another 24 per turn for 90 total), 1 range

Cra (low damage, high range)
Homing arrow (2AP) max 19 (57), 3-10 range
Blazing arrow (3AP) max 27 (54) + 2*20% chance for Immolation (additional 27 damage), 2-6 range
Arrow Blow (3AP) max 36 (72), 1 range

Eni (? I dont know anymore) *I will treat heals the same as damage for this comparison*
~Healing word (3AP) max 23 (46), 0-3 range
~Renewing word (2AP) max 13 (39), 0-3 range
Pain Flask (3AP) max 33 (66), 1 range
Fear Flask (3AP) max 22 (44) +pushes 1 each (against a wall thats 12 per turn for a total of 56), 1 range
Itsade Mark (3AP) max 27 (54) +the mark effects
Eting Mark (3AP) max 22 (44) +the marks effects

In making this list, I actually see some really strong moves in the Eniripsa class. Unfortunately they are all in the air and fire categories...
Healing can only match about 65% of an air cra's damage (and they can hit from WAY farther, which is supposed to "lower damage" compared to some melee)

Summary: If you skipped everything else, read this at least
I like a lot of the new eniripsa changes. Go passive abilities!
I would like to see healing catch up with damages.
I would also like to see a more supportive role for eniripsas. To be completely honest, I think eniripsas and damage shouldn't mix well.
I love lapinos/coneys!

And above all:
Please take my critiques as respect for the game. I really like this game and want to see it succeed! I want to see balance and playability, I am trying to help that. You will notice I specifically added a suggestion to each of my critiques so as not to just flame what are, in my opinions, problems. Please respect that.
I even switched my frustrations/encouragements so you get the positive first. smile

Feel free to comment on any one part of my post. I am most likely mistaken about at least one thing in here! And I don't know everything ... yet. tongue
Just please don't overgeneralize with "I don't agree" (Answer "To what?")

1 0
Score : 1470

A very nice summary of the state of things, IamIsaacqwerty. I doubt this would occur, but does Drain Heal work when damaging an enemy? Also is Invigorating Word capable of damaging someone under zombification and also healing you/others at the same time?

0 0

I believe ANY time a healing spell is cast, you can "siphon" off some of the healing.
And - YES, Word of Invigoration can do both damage and bounce to an ally or you to heal. I do not know if it prefers players to monsters (allies vs enemies) though, so it could damage one enemy, heal another... and so on.

0 0
IamIsaacqwerty|2011-01-29 04:42:05
1)I love the bounce mechanic!! Makes it possible to heal a group of allies without healing the enemy. Would like more range though (3? really? We are playing on bigger maps now too...)

2)The 5AP (AoE) for me is a joke. No range. Who takes damage? The people right up in the action. Where are eniripsas? Staying in the back, away from that. I haven't leveled this, not necessarily because I don't want to, I just never had a situation come up that way!

3)I'm sad in general that they do not consider healing + range to go hand in hand. The longest range heal? 3. That's pretty close. *No way (yet) to boost range either

4)Almost forgot... We can get a coney! Wait, what? We have to train the fire branch if we want it? Um... (and keep training if we want stronger coneys) I honestly don't know what to suggest here. It's a good system, but it just seems a little off to me. It just doesn't feel right. (total self-opinion)

5)What happened to controlling the battlefield?! I really liked that eniripsas could push enemies away if needed, now its 1 push from 1 square away... if you can't outrun them anyway, 1 push isn't going to help at all. (basically, it doesn't do anything unless used for push damage) I don't care much about damage here, but some better push or -MP would be nice.
6)If you are deciding to go with a state-inflicting air eniripsa, I would like to see some higher percentagess on those states. I think one of the strongest maxes at 15% and unless you have a stinking ton of AP, once a turn.

Support spells:
7)*sigh* Zombify renamed Counter Nature - No growth! At least nothing really worth it. All I see is 15% resist and honestly I think Fecas will make that move obsolete for allies. Against enemies, I am assuming it increases to 3, then 4 turns, but I have no idea! Even if it does, I dont really care as much. The 100% rate of landing it makes sure I don't use as much WP as last time. Instead, try adding range, or making the resist go DOWN on enemies... I hate buffing enemies.
8)Continuing the trend of "excelent try" is Expert Healer. Some people love it. I don't. I considered the math in the first few seconds of looking at it. +20% healing for 85 points? I think in the other one we would have gotten +42% (also static). When also considering how few +heals equips there are, come on! Give us a break and balance this a little.
9)Regeneration. I smell a nerf from last version. Ok, last time it was pretty fearsome in battle, maybe overpowered. But changing it to a 16% chance to heal 5% hp? ... lame even if it is passive. Maybe Useful against air iops that hit 10 times a turn, but monsters usualy hit 1-2. I would like to go back to the per turn basis.
10)Explosive mark. How to tick off your teammates. How about punishing them for killing the enemy? Congrats, because thats what this one does. Kill it, everyone around takes damage. How about some healing instead?
11)Eniclean. I cannot express how much I hate this spell. Mostly because I was so happy when they released the preview for Eniripsas and I saw that it can remove states. Wow! Finally get rid of some annoying monsters effects and make the game more fun for your team! Wrong. I have yet to see any state actually affected by this move. Marks? Nope. "Disembodied" (not really a state but I was hoping it would revive maybe) Nope. Zombify? Nope. Oh, and heres the kicker (as in kick in the shins) -- can't be cast on the enemy. What??? Let us cast on the enemy, and actually remove states and I won't even care that if its 4+ AP and low range all the time (It actually is one move that has decent range)

(Just in case it looks confusing, I'm gonna go down and match exactly what is in the parts that I cropped out, so 1 should respond to the first, etc.)

1-3. The thing that you have to consider is that Eniripsas now are amazing apparently at taking damage. It seems like they can easily stay up with the close combat fighters and just heal them up. I do agree with the Stimulating Word thing... no ranged AoE is kinda weird.

4. Yeah I agree with this. It's really hard to level it up, and if you don't... you'll get a weak Coney. :/

5. I wish they had more map manipulation with the air tree, but I think it makes sense that they're removing that and instead giving them just one spell to help out with that and then the rest for damage.

6. Oh mah gawd I completely agree with this. Ridiculous! 2 MP/2AP for 50%? 6 AP for 15%?! =_=

7. In the international forums I made a thread about this. Eraniverse thought of the idea that since it only gains resistance at level 1/4, levels 2/3 might increase the duration, which would be a bit odd, but I think that makes sense. I'm still leveling to try it out though.

8. Yeah... 20% isn't that great. But at the same time, I think they're trying to make it so that the healing class doesn't become basically a necessity for parties, so it kinda makes sense (not sure if you read WellSacMe's thread where GFG said something really close to that or not [international], but if you did then that's what I mean).

9. Actually, if the Iop hits for... 5 damage per hit, 6 hits, and you absorb... uh let's just say 20% at a 50% chance, then you'll heal ~3 times, for ~3 HP. Over two turns, that'll mean ~6 HP. If a monster hits you 1 time per turn, and does... 30 damage (same as the Iop over a turn), then let's say you don't heal at all the first turn. The second turn, though, you'll heal 20%. 20% of 30 is 6. So, over two turns, you'll heal ~6 HP.

Now look at how much versus the Iop it healed, and versus the monster. They're the same. ;o Doesn't matter whether the monsters hits x amount of times, it'll even out to be fairly close to the same.

But I feel like Enis now have way too many of these things that activate on contact. I feel like this one should be replaced for the cast-able Regeneration again.

10. Haven't leveled this spell, but I've heard it's horrible. How's the damage on it?

11. We don't have all the classes out yet, nor are you that high of a level. In PvP, with the other classes, it might become one of the best skills ever. In PvE, at higher levels, it also might become amazingly useful.

Once someone reaches 100/has gotten really high up, or we get all the classes, then we'll be able to say more about this spell.

Nice review though.

Kinda funny, I really agree with most of this stuff. I don't see what's up with all the people hating.

Oh well though... hater's gonna hate.
0 0

(I was about to go to bed, but logged back in just to make sure I had these right)

Just one thing I want to clarify on #9:

I believe you are thinking of Absorb (40% chance on hit to absorb 40%, at max)
Regenerate is a little different, but altogether very similar: 16% chance on hit, to heal for 5% max life, at max.

So in that situation: air iop hits you 6 times for 5 each.
Regeneration:
(chances are) one activates and you get hit for a total of 30, but recieve healing equal to 5% of your max life (negates attacks at 600hp). For most of us, it would be 5-15 healing.

Absorb: (same situation)
Hit for 30, heal after 2-3 of the hits for 2hp. Total damage taken: 24-26.
In effect, quite a bit like a shield. Which brings back to your point that eniripsas can apparently stay up front. Good catch.

Its easy to confuse the two... But both put together, and combined with drain heal (+some decent healers) would make for a very interesting team.
And I do get your point that ... eventually the chances of activating will even out many low hits vs few heavy hits

0 0
IamIsaacqwerty|2011-01-29 08:07:02
(I was about to go to bed, but logged back in just to make sure I had these right)

Just one thing I want to clarify on #9:

I believe you are thinking of Absorb (40% chance on hit to absorb 40%, at max)
Regenerate is a little different, but altogether very similar: 16% chance on hit, to heal for 5% max life, at max.

So in that situation: air iop hits you 6 times for 5 each.
Regeneration:
(chances are) one activates and you get hit for a total of 30, but recieve healing equal to 5% of your max life (negates attacks at 600hp). For most of us, it would be 5-15 healing.

Absorb: (same situation)
Hit for 30, heal after 2-3 of the hits for 2hp. Total damage taken: 24-26.
In effect, quite a bit like a shield. Which brings back to your point that eniripsas can apparently stay up front. Good catch.

Its easy to confuse the two... But both put together, and combined with drain heal (+some decent healers) would make for a very interesting team.

Oh you're right, I was wrong. I was thinking about Absorption, since that's the only one of the three on hit affected ones that I have leveled. :s 

In that case, then you're right about that.
0 0
Score : 132

Could someone explain me the zombification effect and heals?

1. I remember in v2 heals were boosted by mastery but they weren't boosted by +damage from equipment but +heals, is it like this?
2. If used on zombie, does it work like an attack (boosted by +damage) or it is boosted as heal?
3. Do resistances of monster work on it? (it actually heals and not hits)

0 0
Score : 4296

As far as I can tell (playing a low-level water Eni), heals are still basically the same as v2. Your heals are boosted by your mastery, and any +heals you may have. They are not boosted by %damages from equipment or other effects. When healing a zombie, the amount you'd heal is just translated into damage; it uses the same bonuses as a regular heal. However, healing monsters completely ignores resistances, which can be very powerful against certain enemies, and at high levels of play in general.

0 0
Score : 132

Does it mean that wearing -%damage items won't hurt my hits? (ap giving items ^^)

0 0

Yep, that's correct. You can have -500% damage and you'll still heal (zombies or not) just fine. ^__^

0 0
Score : 838

I'm just wondering, how would I go about making a more offensive build?  I'm having a really hard to soloing in the beginning =/

0 0
Score : 913

Speaking as an Air Eni, the percentages for all states is 15% at level 100, which I agree, is pitifully small in comparison to passives that heal when hit.

0 0
Score : 4

Quick question for clarification (because I can't seem to get on dungeon teams and it's annoying):

As of right now, do Enis have any way to revive allies? I still see people asking for healers with revive and this thread is making me severely doubt that. Just wanted a definitive yes or no on this so I can tell people that there isn't a revive.

Thanks!

0 0
Score : 913
KuraHikari|2011-02-06 23:44:32
Quick question for clarification (because I can't seem to get on dungeon teams and it's annoying):

As of right now, do Enis have any way to revive allies? I still see people asking for healers with revive and this thread is making me severely doubt that. Just wanted a definitive yes or no on this so I can tell people that there isn't a revive.

Thanks!

The only 'revive' is the mark of Renewal, which lets the caster control whoever died with the mark on them, but only for one turn.
0 0
Score : 4
Bulletr0k|2011-02-06 23:51:20
KuraHikari|2011-02-06 23:44:32

Thanks!

The only 'revive' is the mark of Renewal, which lets the caster control whoever died with the mark on them, but only for one turn.

Kk, thanks for that clarification.
0 0
couponfork|2011-02-06 19:26:25
I'm just wondering, how would I go about making a more offensive build?  I'm having a really hard to soloing in the beginning =/

You can't do much about offense, other than leveling your offensive spells and wearing the most damaging gear around.  Enis are more of a defensive-minded class, so your strengths lie in outlasting your opponents.  Absorption, Regeneration, Constitution and Unfocus are all support effects that help you survive attacks, and they can be pretty potent in combination.  Air spells deal the most damage, but even some fire spells are respectable.  I think I like Air best, with a touch of Fire, for the mark effects, as an offensive build.
0 0
Score : 4394
takewithfood|2011-01-29 01:10:43
I've had three separate conversations with different people who each suggested that the new Eni would be a great class if it was actually a new class with a different theme - something like a necromancer, vampire, or witch. All the stealing and manipulation of life, the weird toxic potions, forbidden marks, the zombie monsters, etc, seem really unusual coming from an adorable little girl with fairy wings in a frilly dress. ^__^
 i agree this would make more sense if this was a different class altogether.
0 0
Respond to this thread