FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Live changes to Sadida

By Lizilu March 01, 2012, 07:12:43

- Doll's percentage of hp nerfed from 25% max hp for greedy --> 17% max hp for greedy. Along with the hp nerf near the end of open beta, this means really weak greedies... This is going to be a HUGE PROBLEM unless its addressed.

- Drain was changed to a much weaker spell for 4 ap, meaning until you can get +2 ap from gear and set bonuses in order to cast it twice, its a nerf on the damage to drain.

- Drain is bugged and doesn't heal the correct amounts.

- Rust was reworked and has become a seriously overpowered spell that easily replaces drain as the most cast spell for sadida. It works the same as boohowl for osa's, it hits in a cross, and will buff the pets with more ap for a second spell if they are hit with it. But its seriously better than boohowl. It has longer range, can hit diagonally, and can hit more than 1 pet ( most osa's only have a single pet at a time ).

- Muddoll was changed to steal hp from your pets and give it to the sadida. Unfortunately that means if you spawn your greedy with mudoll, it will lose some of its hp and give it to the sadida. If the sadida is at full hp at the beginning of the fight, this means your pet starts with lower health than normal if you use muddoll to spawn it. The alternative is to use vaporize to spawn the greedy. But since vaporize is a worthless spell, there's no reason to level it up, but muddoll has some use later on in the game with you might need to get some hp back while kiting. If you can survive with a lower hp pet, use muddoll to level it. Otherwise use a water weapon to spawn your greedies.

- Sadida's tear is the same except if cast on a pet, it gives them 3 more move points. Decent spell, but with rust being so much better when standing behind your pets, its not gonna get leveled much. It needs to be on your bar though since there will be times when you need to give your pets a boost to their mp.

- Wind spells are still worthless, and gust has no use since rust does what gust does only better. Maybe if gust wasn't bugged and is absorbed by the pets no matter which part of the cross hits them... Oh well, none of the wind spells are needed or useful in any way.

- The earth spells use the totem. But since rusting your greedies is the best strategy for damage dealing, its not really worth sacrificing a leadership for a totem. Maybe at higher levels and in certain situations, the totem might be useful. But I just cant see it being worth leveling the earth spells for such incredibly situational use. Water spells are superior to both earth and wind.

- Sic em more no longer costs a wp. It might be worth leveling it, since when its maxed out, it's superior to rusting your pet.

- Tree form is situational. It makes you invulnerable, but you lose 20% of your max health, and unless its maxed out, you won't be doing anything else that turn. Might be worth it if you know you would be losing more than 20% of your health that turn.

- Green guard is very nice, since they changed nettled effect to be very very good. Possible chance for your greedies to be stronger for the turn is win. Seems like an automatic pick for the skill to level after doll and SSF.

Summary:

Stack hp ( even more important now with weaker pets ).
Use the water spell tree and ignore the wind and earth trees.
Position the enemies next to your pets, and rust the hell out of them.
Rinse and repeat.

Good luck Sadidas, and hopefully we will get some better changes soon to make sadida more competitive.

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 1063

omg i hate what they did to drain and the totem.... totems are now a little tiny thing that u can stand on such garbage... i liked the whole thing of it being an object that took a space... my greedy now does *** for damage as well.. im sorta liking the muddoll now which is weird ... oh boy i don't think im gonna stay as this class very long

0 0
Score : 2830

Personally:

I found Woodland Stench to be awesome now, what I do is summon a puppet, let it use Woodland Stench for me while I hide, the damage is great now.

Thinking about combinations of K'Mir and Vaporize (since it controls now, you can control enemy position if needed)

Rust is my new best friend, I will miss abusing Drain though.

Earth skills are meh, not too bad and not too good.

Also, I couldn't figure out why my Sacrificer wasn't exploding. I let a red piwi hit it, it ran, sacrificer chased and turn ended. WHY?!

0 0
Score : 2114

I dunno... I think the Air Tree is fine. Decent, even. Dare I say: good?!? The only thing I don't like about the new Air tree: 3 spells cost 1 MP per use (Stench, K'mir, and Gust). But Air spells can be cast through your dolls, so it's not a *huge* problem. All Air spells but K'mir have a modifiable range.

I think the Air tree is so good, I'm honestly not sure what spells to focus on:

Woodland Stench: The 1 MP cost aside, this is a great single target spell. It costs 2 AP, and it does 37 dmg at max. You can cast this 3x per round (provided you don't move)... but even 2 Stench would do more than 1 Rust (on a single target). As I said, you can cast this through your doll... and the casts stack.

Poisoned Wind: This spell costs 3 AP, so you can't spam it as much as Stench. It has less base damage than Stench, but it has a hawt secondary effect. Your target takes extra damage every time they move. At max, this spell does 27 base dmg... with a "16 dmg per step" after effect. That's great for battlefield control. I'm not sure if this procs off of forced movement or not (aka, pushing or pulling). If it did... that would make it even better for party play.

Sudden Chill: Chill costs the same as Poison (3 AP), but it does the same damage as Stench (roughly 40 at max). It only has 2 range, but it doesn't need line of sight. Not a problem... you can always cast this through a doll. The neat thing about Chill is that it lowers your targets Air resistance by -10% to -50%. This stacks, and lasts until your next turn. But wait, there's more! You guessed it: you can cast Chill through your doll. If you do that, the debuff will last until your dolls next turn. This means that you can spend 1 turn casting Chill through your doll (which does damage AND lowers Air resist), and then spend your next turn wailing on him.

Kmir: This is an interesting spell. It effectively tethers you and your target together. If you move, your target moves along side you. If your target moves, you move along side it. The neat thing about Kmir is: your target can no longer lock. You essentially give your teammates a "GFTO of Dodge Free" card. If you don't feel like casting Kmir yourself, cast Kmir on your doll... then, in the same turn... cast Vaporize and move the mob where ever your heart desires.

Gust: Gust fans rejoice! This spell doesn't cost a WP anymore! Gust is very similar to Rust, right down to the name. They both cost 5 AP, they both have a cross AoE, and they both do about the same damage. Rust does a little more damage than Gust, but Gust more than makes up for that in style. Gust does not require line of sight. It also pushes back enemies from the center square. Another kewl thing about Gust: it's your only guaranteed way of getting out of Lockdown. If you're locked up, cast this adjacent to yourself, and blow the mob away. Then scurry away to safety while you place a seed or a totem between you.

0 0
Score : 1063

yea I must say i like the air tree a lot... yes rust is your most used spell but there is definitely a lot of times where i use air skills and the damage comes out to being more then if i casted rust.. perfect example when my dolls arent near my enemy at all

0 0
Score : 83
Iniquity|2012-03-01 07:44:44
Personally:

I found Woodland Stench to be awesome now, what I do is summon a puppet, let it use Woodland Stench for me while I hide, the damage is great now.

Thinking about combinations of K'Mir and Vaporize (since it controls now, you can control enemy position if needed)

Rust is my new best friend, I will miss abusing Drain though.

Earth skills are meh, not too bad and not too good.

Also, I couldn't figure out why my Sacrificer wasn't exploding. I let a red piwi hit it, it ran, sacrificer chased and turn ended. WHY?!
probably a bug, imo
screenshot for developers, etc.
I think you guys aren't giving the earth tree enough credit; it looks rather abusable for PvE

Aqualad|2012-03-01 08:23:29
I dunno... I think the Air Tree is fine. Decent, even. Dare I say: good?!? The only thing I don't like about the new Air tree: 3 spells cost 1 MP per use (Stench, K'mir, and Gust). But Air spells can be cast through your dolls, so it's not a *huge* problem. All Air spells but K'mir have a modifiable range.

I think the Air tree is so good, I'm honestly not sure what spells to focus on:

Woodland Stench: The 1 MP cost aside, this is a great single target spell. It costs 2 AP, and it does 37 dmg at max. You can cast this 3x per round (provided you don't move)... but even 2 Stench would do more than 1 Rust (on a single target). As I said, you can cast this through your doll... and the casts stack.

Poisoned Wind: This spell costs 3 AP, so you can't spam it as much as Stench. It has less base damage than Stench, but it has a hawt secondary effect. Your target takes extra damage every time they move. At max, this spell does 27 base dmg... with a "16 dmg per step" after effect. That's great for battlefield control. I'm not sure if this procs off of forced movement or not (aka, pushing or pulling). If it did... that would make it even better for party play.

Sudden Chill: Chill costs the same as Poison (3 AP), but it does the same damage as Stench (roughly 40 at max). It only has 2 range, but it doesn't need line of sight. Not a problem... you can always cast this through a doll. The neat thing about Chill is that it lowers your targets Air resistance by -10% to -50%. This stacks, and lasts until your next turn. But wait, there's more! You guessed it: you can cast Chill through your doll. If you do that, the debuff will last until your dolls next turn. This means that you can spend 1 turn casting Chill through your doll (which does damage AND lowers Air resist), and then spend your next turn wailing on him.

Kmir: This is an interesting spell. It effectively tethers you and your target together. If you move, your target moves along side you. If your target moves, you move along side it. The neat thing about Kmir is: your target can no longer lock. You essentially give your teammates a "GFTO of Dodge Free" card. If you don't feel like casting Kmir yourself, cast Kmir on your doll... then, in the same turn... cast Vaporize and move the mob where ever your heart desires.

Gust: Gust fans rejoice! This spell doesn't cost a WP anymore! Gust is very similar to Rust, right down to the name. They both cost 5 AP, they both have a cross AoE, and they both do about the same damage. Rust does a little more damage than Gust, but Gust more than makes up for that in style. Gust does not require line of sight. It also pushes back enemies from the center square. Another kewl thing about Gust: it's your only guaranteed way of getting out of Lockdown. If you're locked up, cast this adjacent to yourself, and blow the mob away. Then scurry away to safety while you place a seed or a totem between you.

woodland stench using mp makes it sooo bad it isn't even funny...
poison and chill haven't changed
idr about kmir, cause I didn't use it too much
gust just got really awesome now that it doesn't use up wakfu; can't tell you how many times in dungeons that ppl have been like, "why didn't you summon a block or use gust to save me" and I'm like, "out of WP... sad"
0 0
Respond to this thread