FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

What does Accumulate Effect mean?

By February 23, 2011, 19:04:19

So, I'm sure everyone is having fun experimenting with the new class, and I'm sure many have seen this bit at the bottom of skill descriptions "Accumulate Effect". I understand what it does with things like Poisoned wind where if you hit the target directly once or twice it only applies the effect one time but if you link a totem to it and hit the totem twice they'll take double damage for each MP used till the end of the turn, but what does it do for things that don't have an effect? Does anyone know? Is it just there for ease of implementation? and why do all sadida abilities cost so much to use? Any info would be appreciated, thank you.

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 2211

Sadida's are specialized with their dolls. Early on, a sadida will be slow and rather weak but once she gets multiple dolls and reduces their summon cost, they'll be able to deploy more of them faster and they'll deal the damage/tank while the Sadida stays back and heals. I suppose you could go a non-doll route but it seems water+dolls is the best choice strength wise. It's probably why everything costs so much and why water has no AOEs.

0 0
Score : 4296

As far as I can tell, "accumulate effect" seems to mean that if you cast this spell on a doll, the doll then casts that spell on an enemy. It only does this once per casting: if you only cast the spell once, it will use it once and then stop using it.

Basically, it lets you stand behind your doll and target it, instead of an opponent, in order to deal damage. Great if you're using the Block to tank for you, for example.

I could be wrong, but that seems to be the trick.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, I don't know if all Sadida spells work this way... should test that later, but maybe someone else knows in the meantime. It's exciting to have all this stuff to figure out. ^___^

0 0
Score : 130

Just got it in my head to try this myself, that is indeed apparently how it works and it's only the wind spells that have this effect, i believe it just imbues them with whatever ability you hit them with, will need to try the knock back one to see if my doll can knock back things when he uses it now tongue gonna be a fun class to play I think

EDIT: bah, it did knock a wodent back. Knocked it back a whole 0 cells...
EDIT 2: well, it may not push them back, but gust will stack so that they do the damage of each stack of gust you cast on them and they last until the doll dies, cold hit, kohmir, and poison wind only last 1 turn and I haven't tried wood scent yet, but i would guess it only lasts 1 turn as well. For applying gust stacks, you have to target the doll with the center cell , the edge will just hurt the doll and push it without applying a stack, and what i mean by stacks is that it will have a debuff that will list a damage and push back by 2 cells for each hit, so, if you hit it 3 times with a gust that does 6 damage it would look like

-6HP
-6HP
-6HP
pushes target back 2 cells

and each turn the doll will attack an enemy at a good range doing 3 hits of 6 damage and apparently pushing them back 0 cells. If you also hit the doll with cold hit it will add a cold hit and the wind resistance reduction for the turn that was used on it, so, using the previous example and a nice low level cold hit of 6 damage and -21% resistance the doll would attack with 4 hits of 6 damage and reduce its targets wind resistance by 21%.

0 0
Score : 352

It actually means a spell boost the more dolls you have on the field. For example if you use the -%20 resist spell with two dolls on field, it raises to -%22.

0 0
Score : 310

Well I know that the accumulate on the poison wind (i think that's the name) spell just makes it stack. Cast it once and the enemy takes 3 damage when it moves. Cast it twice in the same turn and it takes 6 damage when it moves. I assume it would stack more than that, but it's a 3ap spell and I only have 6.

0 0
Respond to this thread