FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Sadida Revamp

By #[Troyle] December 14, 2012, 16:49:24
DevTracker
Reactions 367
Score : 12916

Troyle can you please ask Grou not to listen to people who all of a sudden want to change greedy (water dolls) to be ranged instead of melee?

If a water sadida is summoning a lot of greedys without making sure that they totem the target then the problem is the person playing the sadida and not the class itself.

At the french forum some of them are complaining about LOS, that's why they gave us a totem...use it to give yourself and everyone LOS.

I also support the 10-15 second rule for making dolls controllable by us since it's so hard for the devs to figure out how not to make them do dumb things.

Lastly, it's very important that they scrap the charges idea (that's a mechanics thing.......). Keep the hp or make their hp better. Getting wp back fixes the hp problem. Last thing we want is for dolls to get hit with low ap or mp spells and be brushed off and on top of that losing a charge every turn like a beacon.

That means the sadida spends all her time resummoning dolls instead of playing with them and helping them (water sadida healing them, air adding their spells to them, etc)

0 0
Score : 4387

I kind of like the charges idea...though I'd rather it be more like a pandawa's barrel, where charges are lost only if they take damage; not that losing a charge at the start of your turn nonsense.

0 -1
Score : 1032

I never understood spells that cost X amount of AP but when used they give back X/2 amount of AP. Why not make the spell X/2 AP to start with? I am talking about vaporize. Yes we will always use it on dolls. No, we will never use it on enemies (come on it's 19 damage lol)!

This is the third class I am seeing that will introduce healing on allies. Why? I again do not understand this way of thinking. Sadidas will heal, Fecas will heal, Masqueraiders will heal. Dafuq is up with this? Just make 1 or 2 classes to do the best focused healing and specialize the rest for other roles.

Ok Ankama I know you want to introduce 20 classes for marketing purposes, but making each one of them both Damage and Tank and Heal is not the way to go. I play this game because of it's class uniqueness, don't take it away by making every class in the game a mess of everything else.

Not to mention all these dolls... now there's 6? And you can summon different ones with the same element? I'm sorry this is a game, not a full time job. We don't want to spend 3 weeks learning how to play. We don't want to memorize 15 spells and we certainly don't want to read countless guides and forums to know how to play it.

And yes, charges are retarded, you should fire the guy who proposed this asap. Why not put charges on Osamodas pets then? Or wait, I know: put charges on Coney too. And while you at it, put charges on Iops too. Only thing worth of a charge is that idiot's monthly paycheck!

This is getting closer and closer to the World of Wakfu with each new patch.

0 -1
SpaceTeenager|2013-02-25 15:26:56
I never understood spells that cost X amount of AP but when used they give back X/2 amount of AP. Why not make the spell X/2 AP to start with? I am talking about vaporize. Yes we will always use it on dolls. No, we will never use it on enemies (come on it's 19 damage lol)!

This is the third class I am seeing that will introduce healing on allies. Why? I again do not understand this way of thinking. Sadidas will heal, Fecas will heal, Masqueraiders will heal. Dafuq is up with this? Just make 1 or 2 classes to do the best focused healing and specialize the rest for other roles.

Ok Ankama I know you want to introduce 20 classes for marketing purposes, but making each one of them both Damage and Tank and Heal is not the way to go. I play this game because of it's class uniqueness, don't take it away by making every class in the game a mess of everything else.

Not to mention all these dolls... now there's 6? And you can summon different ones with the same element? I'm sorry this is a game, not a full time job. We don't want to spend 3 weeks learning how to play. We don't want to memorize 15 spells and we certainly don't want to read countless guides and forums to know how to play it.

And yes, charges are retarded, you should fire the guy who proposed this asap. Why not put charges on Osamodas pets then? Or wait, I know: put charges on Coney too. And while you at it, put charges on Iops too. Only thing worth of a charge is that idiot's monthly paycheck!

This is getting closer and closer to the World of Wakfu with each new patch.
Agree with everything except the healing. What I don't like is that every fire character now has to be the same.

aoe, high damage

Every air character has to be the same, mp only spells, and moving things around.

Every water character has to be the same, healing.

Now it's more about the elements and less about the class. What they should do is go back to how it was in beta. Enis healed very little but were still effective, and everyone did similar damage in different ways.

This meant that everyone could survive without needing a lot of heals all the time. Monsters were more interesting because it wasn't about how much you could heal everyone, it was more about how you could strategize to win first than them.

Grou is so clueless about sadidas, he wants to balance them the same way you balance iops or cras. He goes on about how a doll should do little damage and die fast because it only costs 4AP. He doesn't understand that it also costs 1wp and that no one summons a greedy with 4ap. Everyone will use rust until vaporize is actually better to summon with.

It's amazing that he even wants to give dolls charges as if they're beacons or barrels.

Understaffed clearly..
0 0
Score : 24917

The concept of dolls with charges is to make them survive in high level, where normally they get 1 hit KO'ed. However they should remove the "-1 charge per turn" because it makes dolls "poisoned" or makes me fell that sadida failed to sew them properly.

0 0
Score : 43

The only complaint i have is the Rust Aoe nerf, please reconsider making it a 2 line Aoe. The cross-aoe helps us water Sadidas to keep up the damage if we ever get boxed in by hitting the center of the cross-aoe, thus damaging the adjacent attackers. It also helps us keep up the damage when the greedy is also attacking it and buffing the greedy as well, so it has a wonderful application when using it with dolls (damaging and also buffing at the same time).

I love the charges idea, perhaps giving us more overall for dolls? but please keep the rust cross-aoe as it is. The Osamados has a few cross-aoe damging/buffing spells in its fire tree and they aren't a 2 cell line. All i ask is to maintain the synergy please.

Thank You.

0 0
Score : 261

I don't understand why dolls need charges....They're summons, not glyphs or beacons or whatever..I think adding the different dolls are interesting, but the charges blow. Like spaceteenager said, it'd be like giving coney charges. Just so dumb. No offense grou, but please rethink some ideas you have for this class. Because some of them are just...not a good idea.

1 0

If sadida revamp doesn't come with chillberg update can we at least have grou respond to all the questions and concerns we all have?

1. AP cost to summon doll that are now made to be disposable is too high

2. 5AP totem that walks away

3. We want HP instead of charges. It's not natural and makes managing dolls worse.

Those are the 3 big issues we have at the moment.

0 0
Score : 261
Neneko88|2013-03-25 00:22:32
If sadida revamp doesn't come with chillberg update can we at least have grou respond to all the questions and concerns we all have?

3. We want HP instead of charges. It's not natural and makes managing dolls worse.

Holy smokes I don't know how I missed the cost of a doll seed!! That's gonna be, pardon my language, a total bitch.

being shocked aside....

wouldn't making a 5AP totem that walks be overpowered? And even if they did make it move, they'd give it HP, which would then give the voodoll a set amount of damage it can deal instead of being able to hit indefinitely like it is now? I also think changing things that only let you make one voodoll is lame, because if you get caught in that, that's just someone being careless/a Sadida working strategicly. And a second time? Then you kind of deserve it haha.

The only way to make the HP issue viable is if they were stronger. Like at least make them glass cannons if we're gonna be forced with this. But I would definitely prefer more HP..And I think it's a general consensus with all sadidas.
0 0
Score : 9259
Neneko88|2013-03-25 00:22:32

But who said that the revamp wont come with new update?
Revamp was planned on april with frigost update, I hope nothing changed...
1 0
Score : 7057
Troyle|2012-12-19 17:46:46
I just uploaded the latest update of the document.

Changes are marked in red.

Click here
*bangs her head on the keyboard*

Q_____Q

Troyle, you seriously have to stahp troyl-ing me, i mean are these really 'changes'

0 -1
Score : 3405

Please look at fire osa, it outclasses us in every way now. it can have two crosbow whisperers for petes sake QQ. Give us something please i beg you.

1 0
Score : 9259

Was looking at the revamp notes again and even though earth sadi looked nice for me before, now I see that thers something wrong...
Bramble shell is definitely too weak. We will be able to get about 50-70 bramble shell lvl every turn if we spend ALL our AP. Reflecting about 50-70 dmg at lvl 100+ is just nothing, nobodys going to use that when we can use those 8-10 ap to do 500+ dmg. We should be able to get around 60-70 bramble shell lvl with 4-5AP.

0 0
Rokugatsu|2013-03-28 22:31:42
Was looking at the revamp notes again and even though earth sadi looked nice for me before, now I see that thers something wrong...
Bramble shell is definitely too weak. We will be able to get about 50-70 bramble shell lvl every turn if we spend ALL our AP. Reflecting about 50-70 dmg at lvl 100+ is just nothing, nobodys going to use that when we can use those 8-10 ap to do 500+ dmg. We should be able to get around 60-70 bramble shell lvl with 4-5AP.
And that's the problem with this revamp. The investment in dolls, in bramble shell, in totem, all the AP and WP you spend results in nothing.

5AP totem, average cost to summon dolls is 6- 7AP..yeah you're going to spend all your turns summoning weak dolls that get locked, run away, or do nothing (blocker doll).

This revamp is going to be a joke, I can see people laughing at anyone who logs in a sadida after this.

The only hope we have is if Kam can somehow take this revamp away and make sadida fun again.
0 0
Score : 940

Guys what does this mean??

0 0
Score : 38

Soo when is the revamp actually happening?

0 0
szomoru|2013-03-29 02:33:23
Guys what does this mean??
It means that we'll be doing less damage, spending every turn summoning dolls, and having class specialties that barely matter anymore (green guard/sic em more for example).

Wisdom194|2013-03-30 01:58:58
Soo when is the revamp actually happening?

Supposedly april 16 since the revamps are supposed to come out next month and that's the next patch date.
0 0
Score : 4033
Neneko88|2013-03-29 01:27:26
Rokugatsu|2013-03-28 22:31:42
And that's the problem with this revamp. The investment in dolls, in bramble shell, in totem, all the AP and WP you spend results in nothing.

5AP totem, average cost to summon dolls is 6- 7AP..yeah you're going to spend all your turns summoning weak dolls that get locked, run away, or do nothing (blocker doll).

This revamp is going to be a joke, I can see people laughing at anyone who logs in a sadida after this.

The only hope we have is if Kam can somehow take this revamp away and make sadida fun again.
wow i just realized bramble and not manifold bramble gives the shell. I thought they added a nice bonus feature to manifold in that you could aoe the melee characters and the enemies at the same time giving your team players armor and hurting the enemy. . . .

After looking again, it states that earth damage will modify this amount, think of the 70 times 5, and it's starting to get pretty powerful.

Now the totem doll gets 20 percent of the hp of whatever you link it to and double that with the talent, so 40 percent and it gets the targets resists as well as the sadida's highest mastery. Not sure what all that means, but I'm thinking the voodoll linked to a target with high resists is going to be pretty hard to kill and have a decent amount of hp. But i'm curious about it inheriting the sadida's mastery, and how that means it's going to work. Totem has just been redirected damage so what would mastery or elemental damage have to do with it?

For air playing with only a voodoll and picking up the damage bonuses i think it's going to work quite well getting the 100 percent damage though with sudden chill only giving minus 20 resists and its ap cost, looks like you'll have to use a mimic to get the 60 max and forgo your own damage boosting.

One interesting thing to note here is that for free you can take any doll and convert it back to a seed with dolly sacrifice with no los at max level. So once you get up and running, if you're good about watching the charges, you can simply seed them all and reactivate with max charges. This will also allow you to be very flexible with changing the role of dolls on the fly to bring more damage or healing, or different debuffing capability.
0 0
Score : 2

I agree

0 0
Score : 188

is there an estimated release date for this revamp?

i heard rumors it would be on 16TH april

0 0
Respond to this thread