FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Sadida Revamp

By #[Troyle] December 14, 2012, 16:49:24
DevTracker
Reactions 367
Score : 1333

Then make it only possible to Summon Voodolls in linear. Dolls seeds still have no restriction.

Plus there is also the Totem which gives 25% Damage, if that's the case I'd see no problem in doubling it to 50.

0 0
Score : 24917

So in other words it would have condition that can target enemies or allies in line, but can target any empty cell any any angle? Well that would work, i am just curious if it will give problems to describe it, displey it in description and most important: if it will give problems to program it, as i don't recall any other spell that have range changed upon targeting. Even foggernaut spells require it to be in motherfogger state and thats easy to program to make the spells have different condtions in range.

Maybe if Sadida target self first with some kind of "Voodoo Time" state, then the Doll Seed would turn into linear spell and would target allies or enemies only and no longer empty cell? That could work indeed and we would have 1 active speciality slot free to fill with something else.

However as for your totem - it still looks like what Feca's glyphs do : increase dmg/resist/AP of allies. Thats Feca job. What would be the point for feca to have it if Sadida will already do that? Don't get me wrong i like the concept of placing totem wich would increase allies effectiveness but then Feca would be useless for glyphs that do the same. The Totem could take dmg for allies but then it would be like Blockades of Foggernaut - we don't need another thing to work the same way.

Maybe we could have some kind of spell that fuse few dolls togather or make 1 doll grow bigger or maybe something else, but so far i don't see the need to remove the Voodoll active speciality.

We could get Bed of Spikes as seperate active speciality that replace Voodoll too, but we can get that with elemental spell so no point removing what is doing well.

However i feel that we could make Blocker doll with +resist aura for allies. It would be different then glyphs because it will be mobile and will be possible for sadida to control it or even boost MP of it. It will also attract so it will handy and more oryginal then glyphs, while keeping glyphs with their job of "ground effect".

p.s. I still don't like the way voodoll is working now, even with 100% of enemy HP i wouldn't like it. Our dmg simply shouldn't hurt voodoll as we redirect dmg via it. Wich is why i would ask for return of 1HP voodoll.

0 0
Score : 1333

@Kikuihimonji

I once had an idea that would make Voodoll simply perfect, but I'm afraid that it would lead it to not be what Ankama wants it to be. But anyways, I'll post it there. It's adapted with some ideas I had in this conversation too.

To summon a Voodoll you have to combine two spells: Doll Seed and Sic'em More

Doll Seed
3 AP, 1 MP
Summons a Doll Seed
1-4 Range
2 per turn

Idea 1#

Sic'em More
Applies Nettled +9
If cast on a Doll Seed: summons a Voodoll, costs 1 WP (additional).
There is a limit of 1 Voodoll out in the battlefield (just like now).

Voodoll
It has 10(50)% of Sadida's HP
It is controlled by the Sadida
3 MP, 6 AP, same resistances as the Sadida.

Spells:

• Voodoo: 1-5 Range, links the Voodoll to the Target. All damage and healing received by the Voodoll will be redirected to the linked target. Lasts for one turn. Costs 5 AP.
  • Mass Voodoo: 0 range, links all targets within the area of effect range (square). All damage and healing received to the Voodoll is reduced by 25%.

This way the Voodoll will be useful and have several weakness: The Sadida needs to wait one turn to be able to attack the Voodoll. The Voodoll needs to constantly cast Voodoo to link to a target every turn.
The positive point is that you can switch from enemy to enemy whenever you want to, or simply decide to start healing an ally via Mudooll. Mass Voodoo also is very good as a way to spread the healing to all allies linked, including the Sadida.
The other idea is to summon a Doll Seed in the map and cast Sic'em more on an enemy, this doll seed then becomes a Voodoll linked to this target with the same characteristics of the current Voodoll.

What do you think about it?
0 0
Score : 2929

I haven't been on the sadida topic for a very long time, I hope you all missed me?! tongue

But seriously now, I came back a month ago to this game after leaving it for serious after Sadida revamp. I was keeping this thread up to date though but didn't respond for a long time. I have a lot to say actually but not going to do it now, since I don't think anyone would read such a loooooong text without getting a headache. But I do want to point out my opinion about a few things that you guys are mentioning lately.

First of all, I used to be a doll summoner water Sadida. So as a summoner I don't like the cost of summoning dolls that I have been reading here last few posts. Why does a Sadida summon a doll? I think the reason would be because the Sadida wants his dolls to handle the situation on the battlefield and runaway after summoning it. So making it cost an MP is not a good idea. Also make it cost 2 ap and not 3ap pretty please or even 1ap. For a weak doll those suggestions you guys make are too costly in my opinion. Even if Ankama makes the base damage of the dolls a lot higher it still should not cost 3ap and 1mp. A Sadida needs as much dolls as possible on the battlefield to help him. That's why Sadida's are for, "a summoner of many".

About Voodoll,
Like Kikuihimonji stated before I would love to see old TOTEM back from the good old beta days. They were a lot more useful. If Ankama is so afraid of "abusing" it for example by standing on a penalty tile (in a corner) behind a totem so nobody can attack the sadida, then make it not castable in one square area of that penalty tile or something like that. Just like cra's can't put beacons, xelor's can't put dial's etc. That would make totem useful but it cannot be abused.

The current Voodoll is a stupid mechanic in my opinion. Let me explain.
What is a Voodoll?
A Voodoll in some religions/movies is a little doll made from cloth with a material of the said person who is supposed to be harmed. A Voodoll is a doll which is held by the enemy (in this case the sadida himself) and it cannot move. So this means the doll should not walk, should not be stand on by an enemy like the old Voodoll before the revamp. But obviously this does not work and it does not fit the class. The old TOTEM from the beta would make more sense for Sadida.

--------------------------------------------------

This is it for now, I will write more later.

1 0
Score : 5184

Agreed with Karakedi.

I am a old Water Summoner Sadida. Always have been since beta and continue to be one. I have my moments where I help in a team, but rarely are dolls welcome in team play at the moment, so I often am forced to use Lone Sadida when grouping.

I would also prefer the old Voodoll/Totem to the new Walking Voodoll (though I love it's look).

I greatly agree that to stop abuse, it would just need the Cra/Xelor Beacon/Dial placement restrictions and they could give the old one back.

Though I personally always thought it odd calling the specialty Voodoll when it created a Totem (which did the same thing a Voodoll would do). Yes, normally a voodoll is held by the user, but that would not allow your allies to attack it so the Totem idea worked. Instead of a Totem, since the Sadida's can create plants, I would like it if it summoned a Tree (thus making it immobile still like the Totem of old) and have a voodoll nailed through the chest to the tree (as often you see voodolls nailed to trees (though normally as the killing blow)). That way we get our old Voodoll/Totem, but keep the cute new look of the new one (though I guess since it has no chest, the nail could go through the it's long head above the leaf, leaving it just hanging there to be attacked).

- Kat

1 0
Score : 537

the old totem that has 100% of target's hp solves so many of sadida's problems..
the big problem being that people dont want dolls in the way

If a sadida can summon a totem people can have the option to hit the totem or hit the target. And it's not an abuse since it costs WP that you cant get back

the old totem never made sadida the best class in wakfu and it wouldnt make them the best class now. It would just mean that they're as good in support as pandas

if grou and the devs cared about sadida's "support" so much they would bring the old totem back. Make totem only get 40% of UB's hp if you want..dont think that would be complicated.

and thank you for supporting the idea that weak dolls should cost weak AP..
really simple

0 0
Score : 24917
Arthropoda|2013-10-25 22:46:58
@Kikuihimonji

I once had an idea that would make Voodoll simply perfect, but I'm afraid that it would lead it to not be what Ankama wants it to be. But anyways, I'll post it there. It's adapted with some ideas I had in this conversation too.

To summon a Voodoll you have to combine two spells: Doll Seed and Sic'em More

Doll Seed
3 AP, 1 MP
Summons a Doll Seed
1-4 Range
2 per turn

Idea 1#

Sic'em More
Applies Nettled +9
If cast on a Doll Seed: summons a Voodoll, costs 1 WP (additional).
There is a limit of 1 Voodoll out in the battlefield (just like now).

Voodoll
It has 10(50)% of Sadida's HP
It is controlled by the Sadida
3 MP, 6 AP, same resistances as the Sadida.

Spells:
  • Voodoo: 1-5 Range, links the Voodoll to the Target. All damage and healing received by the Voodoll will be redirected to the linked target. Lasts for one turn. Costs 5 AP.
  • Mass Voodoo: 0 range, links all targets within the area of effect range (square). All damage and healing received to the Voodoll is reduced by 25%.

This way the Voodoll will be useful and have several weakness: The Sadida needs to wait one turn to be able to attack the Voodoll. The Voodoll needs to constantly cast Voodoo to link to a target every turn.
The positive point is that you can switch from enemy to enemy whenever you want to, or simply decide to start healing an ally via Mudooll. Mass Voodoo also is very good as a way to spread the healing to all allies linked, including the Sadida.
The other idea is to summon a Doll Seed in the map and cast Sic'em more on an enemy, this doll seed then becomes a Voodoll linked to this target with the same characteristics of the current Voodoll.

What do you think about it?
I like the concept of Voodoll choosing its own target to be "active". However that aoe idea seems like changing any single target spell into an aoe of weaker power. I don't think that is going to do anything worth the use of it. It could if it was 100% dmg redirected to all of them. Then again in case of aoe it would be simply double aoe to multiple targets wich could be considered overpowered.

So let's forget about linking 1 voodoll to multiple targets. Afterall 1 voodoll represent 1 person.

I like you idea about that voodoll choosing own target, however as other said i would rather not want voodoll to be walking. Also it would be annoying to get Voodoll turn to control every turn as it doesn't do anything once it's linked.

However i got an updated idea to yours: how about givng EACH doll a spell that allow doll to link self to target of that spell? In other words the ability for each doll to become a voodoll. Obviously this spell would be activated with condition: it must be controled and is not linked already to someone.

Then again i like the look of voodoll as it is now and i wouldn't like it to be removed. Therefore the idea is either to make each doll transform into voodoll upon linking self to othes (though it would be more funny if they would remain as they are and keep attacking) or simply changing the look of Lethargic doll who is currently very similar to the Madoll (Lethargic could look like Voodoll). I belive that would do the trick.

As for your second idea there is a flaw: what if there were more then 1 seed present? Wich one would be chosen to be voodoll? But your first idea was nice.

However still there's no active speciality that i could see replacing Voodoll. It could be controling active speciality, but i'd either let Sic'em more apply controled or make Vaporize cost 1AP, wich should be simple fix.

Karakedi|2013-10-26 03:46:28
I haven't been on the sadida topic for a very long time, I hope you all missed me?! tongue

Yes, we missed you.
1 0
Score : 261

I miss being a water sadi...sigh it's been a while since I've played Wakfu, but I see these "meh" changes are still here...

0 0
Respond to this thread