FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Sadida changes during Osamodas revamp

By Shiracharm#9052 - MEMBER - April 01, 2021, 21:18:08

Big problems

1. Air branch: has a lot of support to it but nothing else. Earth and water branch are very good because it can do 2 things at once (heal and shield but also has good damage). Air on the other hand is very low damage. Support never stopped Xelor from having good damage in any of its elements for example or Pandawa or Osamodas.

2. Voodoll: It has too many limitations. If it dies in the same turn you summoned it you have to wait 3 turns to use another, most fights are over by 3-4 turns except at bosses so it rarely gets any use. My suggestion is to increase the WP cost but remove the turns cooldown. I think a WP cost increase will balance this so that you don't have the boss linked to it all the time, but at the same time we can use it more than once in regular fights, it's too limited at the moment.

Visual change. We already have a lot of dolls, why not bring this animation back? Voodoll is outdated, totem made sadida look more dynamic
Totem

3. Ultra powerful doll: Remove it completely, let us select which doll to summon with the same osamodas menu, but increase final damage/final heal/willpower/hp/lock/dodge on them since you have to summon it yourself every turn.

4. Too many dolls near the end of the fight: Change sacrifice doll to "Sacrifices all dolls" instead of just 1 specific doll. Also, change it so that you get the explodoll effect. It gives incentive to remove dolls when there's too many, this would really help the group like you in a party.

I'll add more when I think of more but these are the ones that are big problems. If anyone has any other ideas for Sadida changes feel free to add your own ideas.
3 -3
Reactions 10
Score : -2766

this ideas have been talked many times (even by me) , no way to change doll actions for Ankama because Ankama likes them in that way because Troublemaker dolls in bf are welcomed. ican gve you a tip for sadida, kill'em by area attacks in turn to buff. no more trouble is better with a buff exchange. Have fun. i hope i will return game soon. smile

0 -2
Score : 13068

I remember Siu said something about changing sadida a little big during Osamodas revamp since they're both summoners and it would be easier that way. All I can do is hope they can still do that and suggest changes on the big problems.

2 0
Score : 1987

Shiracharm
Big problems

1. Air branch: has a lot of support to it but nothing else. Earth and water branch are very good because it can do 2 things at once (heal and shield but also has good damage). Air on the other hand is very low damage. Support never stopped Xelor from having good damage in any of its elements for example or Pandawa or Osamodas.3. Ultra powerful doll: Remove it completely, let us select which doll to summon with the same osamodas menu, but increase final damage/final heal/willpower/hp/lock/dodge on them since you have to summon it yourself every turn.

4. Too many dolls near the end of the fight: Change sacrifice doll to "Sacrifices all dolls" instead of just 1 specific doll. Also, change it so that you get the explodoll effect. It gives incentive to remove dolls when there's too many, this would really help the group like you in a party.

Regarding your points: 

Air branch: As it currently stands, each of the air spell is so useful that the lower damage is worth the utility it provides, and given the "balancing direction" the developers take with Xelor (good damage spells have linear / line of sight / range restrictions, good range spells have line of sight restrictions, no line of sight spells have range restrictions etc) I'd rather they be kept this way for now.

Ultra-powerful: whilst being able to summon dolls separately makes sense rather than be linked to the ultra-powerful, I'd rather the ultra-powerful be kept as a summonable doll simply because it's one of the AoE attacks that the Sadida has (they only have a grand total of 5 AoE spells, and 2 are from dolls!) 

Dolly Sacrifice: because this gives WP back, I don't mind that it is casted on 1 doll, my problem with it is the range and line of sight restrictions, as most Sadidas invest in range but are not able to make use of it for this spell (also 1 per turn cast)

Voodoll: The buff to Wild Whispers in the Masqueraider update still does not make it worthwhile to take Voodoll yet. My suggestion on how to buff it would simply be to remove its line of sight requirement as a field full of monsters, allies and dolls usually prevents you from being able to target the enemy you want while far away.

0 0
Score : 1732

Air branch hosting utility spells is fine.

The issue I have with Air Branch is the limitation put on its poisons. 
This causes the a good amount of potential Damage from the Air Branch to be severely gated by turn cooldowns and on-effect limits

A good change would be to allow Sadida's bread and butter poison, Woodland Stench, to have a base amount of delayed damage, increased whenever the target receives a heal. 

(The delayed damage will occur at the end of the turn, and each heal received by the target during their turn will increase this delayed damage by 15%, up to 50% increased damage dealt by the poison)

Additionally have Poisoned Wind spread half of Woodland Stench's Level to all enemies caught in the AoE of Poisoned Wind. Poisoned Wind's cooldown will now make more sense for this added effect. 

(As such Poisoned Wind will be a Targeted spell on the center with a large 3 cell AoE "spread range")

This change alone will make Sadida Air branch a very potent damage dealing line if the Sadida is keen on playing around poisons instead of direct damage, which Earth and Water branches already provide. 

0 0
Score : 10153

In general, even though Sadida is a very solid class, some spells require a revision:

1.- Hmm... the Air Branch is usually dedicated to support and positioning spells and, in that sense, I've never really had a problem with Sadida not being able to deal consistent air damage with it. I don't think it should be oriented to dealing damage BUT I think Sadidas could have more passives for that role that changed/added functions of the spell such as:

• When a cursed enemy (Woodland Stench) is hit by a Doll it receives extra Air Damage.
  • When an Intoxicated (Poisonous Wind) dies it spreads the disease to every enemy around it for 1 turn/ Deals AoE damage.
  • A passive that turned Greedy's damage into Chromatic Damage (it is water by default) it would allow Air DD Sadidas to have a reliable buffable doll which would increase their overall DPT and a Single-Target option for ST builds since the Sacrifical Doll deals AoE dmg.

2.- The irony with this spell is that it is an amazing tool to bring an enemy closer to the melee DD of the team, it even amplifies the redirected damage but not many teammates use the Doll and not many Sadidas now how to use it properly. The removal of the LoS would be great and a noticeable buff for the doll, additionally I'd like to see more uses for this summon such as being able to redirect Debuffs (MP loses for example) to the enemy and being able to link the doll to an Ally to redirect the heals to them giving Sadidas more presence on the Battlefield.

3.- Having a dedicated doll in charge of the summoning allows you to focus your own APs on other important stuff like healing and shielding allies. In fact, the initial idea behind the Ultra Powerful Doll was to balance the class and to ease the summoning process for Sadidas while giving the whole doll mechanic a noticeable vulnerability (the 4 turns CD). Specifically, I don't think that the UPD should be changed if the whole Doll mechanic isn't tweaked first, because as you propose it I don't really see the utility behind deleting this assistant summon and having to use your own APs to create dolls, this seems like a direct nerf in my opinion without a real benefit for the class besides being able to summon and buff a doll on the same turn which, even so, doesn't make up for losing the UPD.

4.- Concerning to the "Too many dolls near the end of the fight" point, personally I think that the whole "doll army" concept should be reworked into something more simple, fluid, direct and dynamic, maybe focusing more on the theme of the Voodoo with a wider variety of curses rather than summons because they really can extend battle a lot and mess up many scenarios. But yes, Dolly Sacrifice really needs a buff, the spell has way too short range and on top of that the linear range makes it even harder to use efficiently. Giving the spell modificable omnidirectional range would make it stand out more or maybe add it to the UPD's arsenal.
1 0
Score : 1732

I agree, the ability to have a proxy summon dolls for yu really saves up APs for the Sadida themselves to take part in the fight. 

But this often leads to a really static gameplay, especially since each doll just acts on its own. And heck, I've also seen a Sadi just play like an Osa, choosing to buff their Ultra Powerful with their spells so that the Ultra can run out and do damage. 

My main gripe with dolls though, is that they used to be more interesting in implementation. 

The Seed + Spell mechanic was so well done. If that version of Sadi was modernized, Doll Sadi wouldn't feel too bad. 

For starters, increase the AoE of some skills to a 1x1 Cross AoE, and reintroduce Seeds. Plant a Seed near an enemy, then hit the Seed and the target with as many AoE effects as possible, and the Seed will become a Doll based on the Spells casted. 

Like an example will be : 
Seed + Bramble Bramble  = The Block

2 0
Score : 4305

Honestly putting all dolls on the third bar just makes sense, UP or no UP

2 0
Score : 10153

In general, it would be a great idea if the core spells of the classes were moved to a 3rd bar: Rogue's Bombs, Sadida's Dolls, Eniripsa's Unnatural Remedies, Pandawa's Barrel and so on. I would make space for new spells for every class.

0 0
Score : -2766

Shiracharm|2021-04-02 23:58:32
I remember Siu said something about changing sadida a little big during Osamodas revamp since they're both summoners and it would be easier that way. All I can do is hope they can still do that and suggest changes on the big problems.

i still want concept revamp than class revamps because i dont think it is possible to beat dungeons by 3 revamped classes for ranking. i can prefer extra a new solo ranking system which for booster players for 3 characters in dungeons because i know Ankama (or maybe this client system) wont let us to play 6 heroes at once. i stopped seeking new players in game even class revamps dont help us too much because of dungeon boss mechanics. i can say that Community should want new concepts than hero revamps because every revamps cause another revamp or bugs etc. and Ankama prefers increased Levels to beat sub-dungeons as New concept which is not good solution. 
1 0
Respond to this thread