FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Voodoll Build suggestion

By HerioMortis July 11, 2016, 13:05:37

I'm not a very forum savvy guy so i dont know if this has been discussed here or not and please forgive my poor grammar. ok so ive been playing sadida for awhile now and im absolutely in love with all things sadida i recently unlocked voodoll and all the way up to this point ive read over the skills in my head and had an idea of how its supposed to work but sadly this isnt the case its either but or broken (that bad broken)

1. how i understood it worked from the description is any damage that is dealt to it would be dealt to the enemy its linked to however this isn't the case the only damage your linked enemy take is damage directly from sadidas spells any damage from any other source just hurts the doll and not the enemy...this isn't how i think it should work you should be able to summon the voodoll for 2 turns which is how long it lasts and unload whatever you can on it til it expires and any dmg the enemy deals to it should hurt them as well thats the essence of what a voodoo doll is

2. the doll cant be healed is what it says in the description however after testing a few theories out i wanted to try i found it actually can be healed if you summon a sacrificial doll and send it to attack the voodoll instead of hitting it for dmg and hurting the enemy it just takes dmg and then if you cast Mudoll on it it will be healed

3. and the biggest thing i was looking forward to that's a huge let down is you should be able to summon the voodoll on a target enemy then use block to pull them in to where a few dolls are earthquake to maximize aoe dmg on the target and the voodoll sacrifice the doll and it deals its hp in damage to the linked target and also should benefit from explodoll healing the sadida and doing aoe dmg this would be an awesome combo and i think it should be implemented i know how op af it sounds but it would be so awesome to watch and play however sadi cant cast dolly sacrifice on the voodoll like at all which is such a bummer

4. this is just a quirk not really important but i think it is it should be able to be linked to an ally as well as an enemy and be healed and any healing done to it could benefit the ally its linked to

I know how OP AF sadi is atm like being able to summon a total max of 18 dolls provided you have the control for it is a little bit out of hand i think you should only be able to have 3 per ultra powerful instead of 5 that would still be 12 which would be more then enough even with the long cd no one is sitting around waiting to summon that many dolls but if you had the voodoll the way i explained and a few well placed blocks you could easily still be op af without it being out of control i know theres an update with some class changes coming up but id really like to see voodoll get fixed i love the concept and it would be a blast to have fun with just frustrating to see a good skill go to waste due to bugged out mechanics maybe some of you think im retarded but w/e just wanted to put my two cents in

0 0
Reactions 7
Score : 4884

Well it used to work similar to how you describe it, than it was nerfed and now it feels like they kinda forgot about it, same with sadida's poisons.
Maybe they just thought if everyone will use dolls they shouldn't bother with other builds?

0 0
Score : 2091

Voodoll used to be great now it isn't. In addition sexydidas are not OP.

0 -1
Score : 144
cody5|2016-07-11 13:47:32
Well it used to work similar to how you describe it, than it was nerfed and now it feels like they kinda forgot about it, same with sadida's poisons.
Maybe they just thought if everyone will use dolls they shouldn't bother with other builds?

that's not a nerf that's like a game breaking mechanic they removed from the game meaning they ruined the game by removing it even just removing the ability to cast dolly sacrifice on it is a huge nerf

and hunters maybe not op in the sense they have high damage out put i just like the overall general balance and versatility they dont need to change specs to fit there needs having up is like having a whole other action bar slot to choose from it opens up tons more options in one kit all you really need for a good sadida is a moderate amount of health some good dmg and to plan out your summons everyone loves having sadida in the party they can go from healer to tank to dps in one fight without batting an eyelash sustain themselves and the group keep mobs in one spot good harass and pokes when i was 30ish i took on a 45 xelor it was a very close fight like 5%hp close of course i lost but the fact that i can sustain that much dmg and keep the enemy pinned in one spot while dolls do their dance is pretty fkn amazing to me i love the class a lot just was really excited for trying another build besides having a mini army of weird little dudes dominating the battlefield
0 -1
Score : 24983
HerioMortis|2016-07-11 14:40:31
cody5|2016-07-11 13:47:32

that's not a nerf that's like a game breaking mechanic they removed from the game meaning they ruined the game by removing it even just removing the ability to cast dolly sacrifice on it is a huge nerf

and hunters maybe not op in the sense they have high damage out put i just like the overall general balance and versatility they dont need to change specs to fit there needs having up is like having a whole other action bar slot to choose from it opens up tons more options in one kit all you really need for a good sadida is a moderate amount of health some good dmg and to plan out your summons everyone loves having sadida in the party they can go from healer to tank to dps in one fight without batting an eyelash sustain themselves and the group keep mobs in one spot good harass and pokes when i was 30ish i took on a 45 xelor it was a very close fight like 5%hp close of course i lost but the fact that i can sustain that much dmg and keep the enemy pinned in one spot while dolls do their dance is pretty fkn amazing to me i love the class a lot just was really excited for trying another build besides having a mini army of weird little dudes dominating the battlefield

At least try.

HerioMortis|2016-07-11 13:05:37
I'm not a very forum savvy guy so i dont know if this has been discussed here or not and please forgive my poor grammar. ok so ive been playing sadida for awhile now and im absolutely in love with all things sadida i recently unlocked voodoll and all the way up to this point ive read over the skills in my head and had an idea of how its supposed to work but sadly this isnt the case its either but or broken (that bad broken)

1. how i understood it worked from the description is any damage that is dealt to it would be dealt to the enemy its linked to however this isn't the case the only damage your linked enemy take is damage directly from sadidas spells any damage from any other source just hurts the doll and not the enemy...this isn't how i think it should work you should be able to summon the voodoll for 2 turns which is how long it lasts and unload whatever you can on it til it expires and any dmg the enemy deals to it should hurt them as well thats the essence of what a voodoo doll is

2. the doll cant be healed is what it says in the description however after testing a few theories out i wanted to try i found it actually can be healed if you summon a sacrificial doll and send it to attack the voodoll instead of hitting it for dmg and hurting the enemy it just takes dmg and then if you cast Mudoll on it it will be healed

3. and the biggest thing i was looking forward to that's a huge let down is you should be able to summon the voodoll on a target enemy then use block to pull them in to where a few dolls are earthquake to maximize aoe dmg on the target and the voodoll sacrifice the doll and it deals its hp in damage to the linked target and also should benefit from explodoll healing the sadida and doing aoe dmg this would be an awesome combo and i think it should be implemented i know how op af it sounds but it would be so awesome to watch and play however sadi cant cast dolly sacrifice on the voodoll like at all which is such a bummer

4. this is just a quirk not really important but i think it is it should be able to be linked to an ally as well as an enemy and be healed and any healing done to it could benefit the ally its linked to

I know how OP AF sadi is atm like being able to summon a total max of 18 dolls provided you have the control for it is a little bit out of hand i think you should only be able to have 3 per ultra powerful instead of 5 that would still be 12 which would be more then enough even with the long cd no one is sitting around waiting to summon that many dolls but if you had the voodoll the way i explained and a few well placed blocks you could easily still be op af without it being out of control i know theres an update with some class changes coming up but id really like to see voodoll get fixed i love the concept and it would be a blast to have fun with just frustrating to see a good skill go to waste due to bugged out mechanics maybe some of you think im retarded but w/e just wanted to put my two cents in

1.Voodoll redirect everybodys attacks. Exception are aoe spells. Also enemies hurt voodoll when they attack it. Whats more voodoll changes team sides. When its ally turn, the voodoll act as enemy and your spells will react on it as if it was enemy by default. However during enemy turn voodoll is again our ally, for the enemy spells to react just like on us. This weird mechanic have its drawbacks though, in certain places. Best example is Robowl HC dungeon, where ending turn in diagonal to any enemy will badly hurt you, and in case of voodoll, you will hurt yourself by ending turn in diagonal to voodoll there. Imo this shouldn't be the case, as it removes the prupose to use voodoll there, and this place is like one of the few remaining places where i eventually would use it.

2.Certainly a bug.

3.It cannot be done anymore, but it was possible before. And i admit, it was pretty fun. In fact, people wanted to have sadida in every team thx to that utility. But now its impossible. Instead, Feca got ability to greatly boost allies dmg to insane amounts, effectively doubling their dmg. So in other words, the positioning + tactic involved in creating voodoll in right place and to move mobs here and there to double dmg output of aoe spells only of allies was removed and replaced with feca major buffs that double others dmg from any spell from anywhere they are standing on any enemy they want. Tactic vs No-brainer 0:1. Ankama kills their own game by removing fun tools and giving us just more power without the need for us to think.

4.It used to be possible to heal voodoll and any target linked to it, and yes, ally could have been linked to it too. You could keep your Voodoll alive by healing up enemy linked to it, and having voodoll as nice obstacle, while earthquake spamming randomly on the map to hit something else (Earthquake used to be 3 cell circle size aoe that randomly hit any targets in the zone - that was also a lot of fun). It was nice ability that could make you keep care of 1 selected ally (ideally tank) whom you could heal from safe distance. However Grou ruined Voodoll we had before and the code was propably lost in process. Dy7 now tried to come with something closer to original but due to problems with bosses hurting self when they were hitting voodoll, and because they wanted to avoid 2x dmg from aoe spells trick on voodoll, they kinda couldnt come up with the right code that would make voodoll possible to link to both allies and enemies and to make it redirect all spells properly. Perhaps time was the issue, as they had to release patch soon.

The only thing that bothers me with current voodoll though, is that spells from enemies are not only not redirected, but they hurt the voodoll. Imo they should simply deal 0 dmg when cast on voodoll. Afterall voodoll last 2 turns anyway. Oh and the AP cost on Voodoll makes me want to not use it at all, becayse i am losing WP and my dmg doesnt increase in first turn, and on 2nd turn mob is dead from allies anyway. 3x3 cell sized bosses also cannot be linked to voodoll anymore (bug). But it was possible. They seriously broke really good code.

OH and before you ask, the voodoll we had first was non-movable Totem, that was destroyed from pushback dmg only. Then it was ruined by Grou when he designed it to be a dead doll that anyone can step on to make it not work (kinda like glyphs of feca, with the difference that when someone was standing on it (even your own dolls- wich was often the case, coz ai is stupid), then you couldnt target it). Then it was changed again into a walking doll this time, wich look just like current version. It was lasting longer, but it was still fragile, and there was that huge problem of it having 2mp and ai that made it walk away to far away corner. It was frustrating as you needed panda in party to keep voodoll in right place. However you could still use it to inflict 2x aoe dmg. Up until deck system arrived and the following changes to voodoll made it seriously not worth using. Maybe if it had 0ap cost and like 4 more range, i would consider using it. Right now its wasted active spell. Pretty much just like Sylvan Awakening.

p.s. You cant get 18 dolls. The gear limit how much you can get.
1 0
Score : 4297

Alright, I'll tell you right now

Voodoll is incomplete as such it's a weak spell. It's supposed redirect all damage from a targeted area. But it doesn't. IT redirects a single target and as such it's lame.

The ability to control Dolls is kinda clutch, but it's not truly worth the passive IMO.

0 0
Score : 89

Does redirected damage via voodoll count as the "indirect damage" mentioned in the Venomous passive?

0 0
Score : 3435

Nope. Your damage is directly transferred to your target. For example, you can't backstab a Voodoll when its target is facing you.

0 0
Respond to this thread