FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

No logic ?

By Marfoo34 - MEMBER - January 15, 2020, 15:23:52

Okay, so to let you know, I played wakfu for past 2 years. A fun game with nice graphics. wakfu and other games received a new launcher. And here's the problem: wakfu works for XP and Vista (in which I'm an user of Vista), but the new launcher doesn't work on these operation system.

Sure, I can buy a new pc or update my current to WIndows 7, but what if can't upgrade my pc? Or buy new pc?
It's like buying an old car, and at some date, it just stops working: it doesn't start, it doesn't play radio and etc. And you must buy a new car or change the engine and stuff. If something works on the system, it should work! like Starcraft II on XP, but by the new Battle.net, it doesn't works 

3 -3
Reactions 17
Score : 919

Sorry  man but you stopped in time. i have a crappy notebook from 2009 and i use windows 10 with no problem. It's your fault, not ankama's

4 0
Score : 15589

The problem comes from Java's new forced requirements, I'm in your same boat with both graphic card and operative system. Basically, the launcher requires all that stuff, but the game itself can keep running with the same specs (at least if having Vista, no matter what the launcher says). You just have to use our alternative way:

· You get each updated and hotfixed versions from here. You save the ZIP file to disk, so be sure that you have around 2GB for storing it. Remember to delete the older ZIPs or they will end up eating a crapload of GBs in your hard disk.

· You manually unzip it in your current Wakfu directory, overwriting all older files from previous versions/hotfixes. This will prevent having to re-config it all if you used to uninstall and install from the scratch.

· You load Wakfu with the .BAT file located at your Wakfu directory inside in \bin\en (if you use the English language, if not, choose your desired language). In my case it's with win32.bat.

Basically, we have to rely on this method whenever there is an update and/or hotfix. Just let's hope that Wakfu itself doesn't require better specs in the future and leaves us out of business. For now, we can say "screw the launcher" and keep loading it the old way.

1 0
Score : 118

I have some questions:
- How to overwrite these files?
- Can I use the alternative way on steam ?

0 0
Score : 3397

We live in an age where both hardware and software is more "backwards" compatible than it ever was. That being said, I think you're long overdue for an OS update.

0 0
Score : 5490

You don't have to be stuck on Xp or Vista. I'm not sure what critical software is there that is preventing you from upgrading to 10, Almost all popular browsers have now decided to drop support for these said operating systems sooner or later. There is no point in staying on these outdates softwares any more.

You can upgrade your xp system to win10 without any issues, I have an old dual core laptop with win10 on it and it works fine. Considerably lighter than windows 7, win10 is. 

There is also the option to just format and install Ubuntu or Linux Mint Operating systems on these machines and get wakfu with steam or the new launcher run on it just fine or even better.

What is it that is still preventing you from upgrading your operating system now, can also help you with the process if you need assistance, which i think you won't really since things are just click and continue now.

Youtube can also help in finding some videos with full instructions on how to install windows or linux on a device.  

0 0

I mean, I could upgrade to windows 10 or 7, but I can't: I'm using my parents' pc, and it haves a lot of photos ( 45GB )
And they don't want to make the format and install new windows

0 0
Score : 5490

Since it is about photos that you are worried about, then you can upload them to google photos. It gives unlimited storage for photos, Give it a try, I don't think you are devoid of a gmail account as well ph34r. If you have a slow network speeds like me, you can put it overnight to upload for a few days and proceed once the upload and backup is done to do a clean install of win10/os of your choice. biggrin

https://photos.google.com/
0 0
Score : 764

iNTiMiD4T0R|2020-01-16 16:00:51
Since it is about photos that you are worried about, then you can upload them to google photos. It gives unlimited storage for photos, Give it a try, I don't think you are devoid of a gmail account as well ph34r.

Why would you want to give away 45GB of your photos to Google? You can buy a 1TB external USB drive for less than $70 USD and back up all your photos onto it.

Then reformat the computer drive and make two partitions, one for system (win, office, and any other work related apps) about 60-100GB in size, and reminder of the drive secondary partition where you put your "My Documents", photos, videos, games, etc. That way you can reinstall windows at any time (or restore from a backup) without losing your personal stuff.

Upgrading from Win7 to Win10 is a bad idea, as usually you have more trouble than it's worth. Clean install is the best option in the long run.
0 0
Score : 2209

Win XP and win7 no longer have updates and support, making the computers highly unsafe.

1 0

Anyway, thanks TheRogueCat for the alternative way on how to play Wakfu on older systems
Thank you very much

0 0
Score : 919

That is the motive to not format the pc? Photos? buy a 64gb pendrive for godsake.

Btw keep all photos in one place is a recipe for disaster.

0 0
Score : 496

Hi, 

Mhmmm, I understand your problem. Just keep in mind Wakfu is a recent game so you need a "recent" pc/laptop.
The world is evolving and so the games. If you want to play a game of our time you can't use an old pc that old.
You said you can't buy a new pc so maybe you can't affrod it but you should at least search a really cheap one that can do it for you. You can even maybe sell yours or get a discount for the new pc you buy if you trade-in.

Good luck.

0 0
Respond to this thread