FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Wakfu Won't Start

By Mewo03 - MEMBER - January 05, 2020, 23:52:36

Hi all,

I downloaded the Ankama launcher and since I have not been able to play Wakfu. I click the "Play" button, the launcher says "Launching..." for half a second, then says play again. Nothing happens. It worked on my machine previously. It also works on my laptop that isn't that great. But it refuses to work on my PC. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game through steam. I have uninstalled it from steam and reinstalled it directly through the website. I uninstalled and completely reinstalled Java. I have tried to repair the files. I tried this fix. But nothing has seemed to resolve the issue.

I would greatly like to play this game, so if anyone could help I would appreciate it.

2 0
First Ankama intervention

Hi! 

Thanks for the workaround iNTiMiD4T0R! It's possible to use. If you are experiencing this issue, please contact our Support team here so we can gather more details to help for further troubleshooting.

[Flatops]

See message in context
Reactions 18
Score : 7358

You can try using the Zip version of the game. If nothing else is working.https://support.ankama.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017472154-Install-the-Ankama-Launcher

Wakfu Zip version  : https://download.wakfu.com/full/zip/

0 0
Score : 1

trying to open it with the zipped version does the same as the ankama launcher. I click the "win64" and a command prompt opens for 1 sec and then closes. Win32 does the same

0 0
Score : 175

I had the same issue, Ankama is not solving it so I just remove the game and continue with my life

1 0
Score : 4493

Same problem here... I'm an old player so... yeah, used to this bugged game from hell.

0 0

I have the exact same problem and still it is not fixed.

Is there any way ti fix this because the zip file does not do anything either

0 0
Score : 16

I have the same problem here. Tried to contact support, all of their solutions did not work. 

1 0
Score : 33

I tried everything! I don't think it's the game, it's the damn Ankama launcher. This is why the wakfu client should be a standalone.

0 0
Score : 3

Download JDK  (java development kit). Is different from JRE (java runtime environment).
It worked for me

0 0
Score : 33

The Anakma launcher sucks! can't play Wakfu and waver alpha is out of servers. Wakfu had once standalone launcher before this bullshit of Anakama launcher shows up.

0 0
Score : 7358

Seems like the issue is not going anywhere.
I'm not sure if this method is approved or nope, but if the launcher fails to launch the game for you then this might be able to help you out.

1. Open up Notepad.
2. Paste this into notepad.

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

"jre/win32/x64/bin/java.exe" -Xms1G -Xmx2G -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Djogl.disable.openglarbcontext -Djava.library.path=natives/win32/x64 -cp "lib/*" com.ankamagames.wakfu.client.WakfuClient

3. Select -Save as- or ctrl+shift + s
4. Save the file with a .bat or .cmd extension

5. Run the file you just created. It should launch the wakfu window. And you can enter the game and play it like normal.

You can use this and use the launcher to get updates to the game, wait for a launcher update for the issue to get fixed soon hopefully.
1 0
Score : 16

Hi ! I have the same problem but on Mac, could you please put an adaptation of this code so that it also works ? Thank you !

1 0

Hi! 

Thanks for the workaround iNTiMiD4T0R! It's possible to use. If you are experiencing this issue, please contact our Support team here so we can gather more details to help for further troubleshooting.

[Flatops]

Same problem.. I hope it's a lag

0 0
Score : 2

Hello guys. I faced the same problem here but I solved it. So they already said about the text u have to put in a notepad file. After that I still faced the problem since if I double clicked it Wakfu never started. I restarted the PC and I saw something weird. The antivirus I am using (AVG) has blocked the files for some reason. I simply restored them and the game started as usual. 

Also I tried to repair the game in the launcher but it bugged and it kept on saying Repair even tho it was finished. Also after a restart the problem was fixed. 

Hope it helps!
-Pucio1

0 0
Score : 1846

As Pucio stated above, after a great deal of trial and error to get a friend's issue resolved, it was found that their antivirus was the culprit. Specifically, zaap-start.bat was being quarantined. After this point, until you restore and create an exception for zaap-start.bat, the game will never be able to launch properly via the launcher.

If you don't have a file named zaap-start.bat in your game install directory, it's highly likely that it's been quarantined by your anti-virus, so check that first.

0 0

Check the folder where the game is installed. The path should not contain special characters, Oracle does not digest them. I transferred the game through the launcher and the problem was solved.

0 0
Score : 15

Try checking to see if your Java is still working. This happened to me before so you may need to redownload it.

0 0
Respond to this thread