Ankama Trackers

last Steam update is broken [FIXED]

By Growlurg - MEMBER - November 19, 2019, 16:41:42
AnkaTracker

it happened to everyone
3 0
First Ankama intervention

Hello guys,

We are aware of an issue that is affecting Steam players and our teams are working on the fix.

As soon as we have news you will be informed.

See message in context
Reactions 15
Score : 22

agree, steam version dead

1 0
Score : 226

Yes just recently posted on the steam community forum for Wakfu saying that if you want to continue to play the game you need to download it from the Wakfu's website directly.

0 0

its not a official post

0 0
Score : 51

I have found a workaround for the Steam launcher issue.

1. Go to your Steam Library, right click on Wakfu, and select Properties.

2. Navigate to the BETAS tab and change the beta option to 'launcher - Test for Ankama Launcher'

3. Allow Steam to update Wakfu.

4. Launch it from the Steam Library. Do not use a Wakfu desktop shortcut.

5. Choose 'Play LAUNCHER' when prompted by Steam.

From here, I was presented with the Dofus Launcher. I am unsure of the exact process to change it to Wakfu, but taking these actions eventually brought me to a Wakfu launcher.

- Rebooting the Launcher
- Navigate to Account -> Launcher Settings and enabling Pre-Release Mode
-Clicking 'Games' to refresh the page

Once you get the Wakfu tab running, you will need to download the entire game. If everything went well, you should be able to launch Wakfu on Steam through the Ankama Launcher.

4 0
Score : 1

I confirm that this process is working.

It is that item that is enabling the wakfu game in the launcher " - Navigate to Account -> Launcher Settings and enabling Pre-Release Mode"

0 0

so we cant buy anything via steam wallet?.....

0 0

Hello guys,

We are aware of an issue that is affecting Steam players and our teams are working on the fix.

As soon as we have news you will be informed.

Thanks! good news

0 0
Score : 85

I will add that I was able to update using the old launcher through steam. I am running it on Linux -> Ubuntu and have been playing all day. Seeing how it is a .exe file error, I doubt Linux users have been affected by this bug.

0 0
Score : 1141

works fine, thanks. i have joined back to wakfu after playing since  closed beta and have quit back in 2018 due to being hacked. i now have started a fresh start however i hope the community gets a bit biger over the next year else the game would be almost unplayable. the game needs a advertisment and some kind of giveaway to bring in new people.

0 0
Score : 2468

fixed

0 0
Score : 85

And now I can't log in on Linux after last nights' update.....

Edit: Had to restart steam. Downloaded the game again but when I try to launch it, nothing happens. I can see a faint image of the word "Launching" but quickly returns to the play button.

Edit 2: If I exit the launcher, I have to manually kill the process and restart steam again to get it to open back up.

1 0
Score : 51

I'm facing the same issue if you find a workaround, could you please share it ?
i'll search on my side

1 0
Respond to this thread