FR EN ES PT
Browse forums
Score : 131

U want my ID Card in high quality copy?

By Bigbellii - MEMBER - December 04, 2017, 13:53:35
AnkaTracker

You cant ask me my ID card in high quality copy for unban my account....
You are not part of a public administration.... In my state, Italy, u are not authorized to ask me my ID card.

Ur verify process denie me to play to this game even with this new account because if u ban this account too, for the same problem, I will anyway wont give u an HQ copy of my ID or drive's license...

Im shocked...
First Ankama intervention
Hi Bigbellii,

I can assure you that your information is secure and kept in private with our Support team. The only reason they need it is so that they can verify that you are indeed the owner of the account in question. 
See message in context
Reactions 12
Score : 861
That's what the ID card is for yes?
To verify your identity. In situations where it becomes necessary to prove that it's you. blink

And this is owned and operated by a french company and they are under french laws, you have agreed to the terms and conditions before starting over an account here so you are lawfully binded and  liable to provide them what they ask for or deny it and stop using the product.
They can do what they want with my account, BUT they cant ask me to send them a copy of my ID Card (or drive's license).
Score : 13892
Isn't that one and the same? They are asking for an ID before giving you access to the account for safety reasons. If you don't feel it is appropriate to give them that information, that's up to you.

I don't know much about the law or my rights when it comes to playing a game in a country outside my own. What Ankama's asking seems irritating, but reasonable.
Score : 41
You are free to not send your ID, just as they are free not to release access.

I already needed to send mine and everything happened correctly if you are interested in knowing.
Every time u sent ur personal ID u are taking a risk called " identity fraud ".
It's not the question to let them SEE my ID, but it's a question to SEND a copy.

When a Public administration ask you a copy of your ID, it's all ok, beacause you know who they are. But there is not the same question when a Private company ask you the same things.

Gynrei|2017-12-04 16:39:28
Isn't that one and the same? They are asking for an ID before giving you access to the account for safety reasons. If you don't feel it is appropriate to give them that information, that's up to you.

I don't know much about the law or my rights when it comes to playing a game in a country outside my own. What Ankama's asking seems irritating, but reasonable.

They ask something that is inopportune. At this point for me they can close my account, it's ok for me, but I repeat they asking something that is inopportune.

Gynrei|2017-12-04 17:21:05
I understand it's a risk. Once that info is out there things can happen. Personally, it doesn't feel a whole lot different than a government asking for it.  The government even sends that kind of info in the mail.

However, I would be wary of any emails directed at me asking for these details. I'd probably go so far as to contact Ankama support directly to confirm they require the info in such a case. Because a random email isn't guaranteed to be authentic.

I think it almost the same of you
Score : 13892
I understand it's a risk. Once that info is out there things can happen. Personally, it doesn't feel a whole lot different than a government asking for it.  The government even sends that kind of info in the mail.

However, I would be wary of any emails directed at me asking for these details. I'd probably go so far as to contact Ankama support directly to confirm they require the info in such a case. Because a random email isn't guaranteed to be authentic.
Hi Bigbellii,

I can assure you that your information is secure and kept in private with our Support team. The only reason they need it is so that they can verify that you are indeed the owner of the account in question. 
Score : 145
driving license is acceptable though
Score : 17634
In order to verify who you are for identification purposes, you need to use a method of identification, like an Identification card (ID card). Otherwise, literally anyone could contact Ankama asking to change the password/email of an account with the excuse of "i forgot all my information because X Y and Z".

You run the risk by typing in your credit card information online when purchasing stuff, but I bet that's never stopped you before from doing it. As does using credit cards in person too, considering ATMs and cash registers could be tampered with to save card information. Not only that, but even the credit companies get hacked and your dearly-protected information can get leaked out. I bet you still go about using your credit/debit card as normal, though.

Just send them a photocopy of your driver's license. Lots of places make photocopies of it anyway, like hotels, airports and government agencies (all of which can and have been hacked in the past many times).
"I bet you still go about using your credit/debit card as normal"..No, I use virtual debit card, anyway...

Send a copy of an ID card is more risky then ur example about credit card number (really more), so I just decide to dont give to ankama this document.
I prefer have my account closed rather then to be at rysk of identity theft.

Ankama this time just banned an old player like me that play from the time of monthly subscription.

Im a ok with this. I just wanted to open this thread for explain my situation.
Respond to this thread