FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

So my account was robbed

By Fluffenstein December 24, 2016, 20:34:41

I didn't expect I would suffer from this in Wakfu, but it seems even in a small community game such things happen. I haven't logged in since early May this year and since then someone, somehow, took advantage of it and stripped couple of my chars from their Relics, Epics, pets, mounts, Kama and whatnot. I've opened a ticked and I would like to see my account restored, to the point of 8th of May, 2016.

Ticket #1807436 

0 0
First Ankama intervention

Hi Fluff,

Thank you for the ticket number, it has been shared with the Support team for investigation.

I would agree with the suggestions to have an Ankama Shield and Authenticator to increase the security of your account.

See message in context
Reactions 20
Score : 3334

While you have some sympathy for your loss, most Account Theft problems are due to Account Sharing. If you let someone else have your login information, you can't complain at all if you get stuff stolen. The only way you will have any chance of getting anything back at all (And even still it's unlikely) is if there's evidence of your account actually being hacked, which should show up.

In the meantime, you can find out what the IP address of the thief's login was by going here:
Click here . Scroll down, and there's a "Suspicious Connections" section which shows IP Addresses

1 0
Score : 2848
EarthyMadness|2016-12-24 21:26:18
most Account Theft problems are due to Account Sharing
that
0 0
Score : -1466

Account sharing is against the terms of use BTW but you won't be banned for that. However if your account gets cleaned out because you account shared, they won't help you.

0 0
Score : 7406

Account sharing and nothing else at this point. I know i played some dungeons with fluff in september.

0 0
Score : 3200

Just echoing everyone else, you didn't specifically state that you share accounts, but is that the case? If so you're tough out of luck, Ankama won't help in the slightest.

0 0
Score : 1201
Tragrim|2016-12-25 00:42:56
Just echoing everyone else, you didn't specifically state that you share accounts, but is that the case? If so you're tough out of luck, Ankama won't help in the slightest.
More like in any case your out of luck, even if its Ankamas own fault your stuff is gone
2 0
Score : 8475

If you know you've never account shared then it might have just been the item loss glitch... but you're still shit out of luck in that case.

0 0
Score : 2658
EarthyMadness|2016-12-24 21:26:18
While you have some sympathy for your loss, most Account Theft problems are due to Account Sharing. If you let someone else have your login information, you can't complain at all if you get stuff stolen. The only way you will have any chance of getting anything back at all (And even still it's unlikely) is if there's evidence of your account actually being hacked, which should show up.

In the meantime, you can find out what the IP address of the thief's login was by going here:
Click here . Scroll down, and there's a "Suspicious Connections" section which shows IP Addresses
It's not case of sharing. I've just checked the site you gave me. Exactly 2 days after my last login, for the next 3 days, I have 3 logins. 2 of them with the same IP, 3 from the same internet provider And one last 4th login, 3 months later from China (?!?!), which was not in-game, but on the website. I've provided Ankama with the IPs, they are from France, I guess it should not take long to restore everything.
0 0
Score : 8084

My old guild leader had a similar thing happen, their account was semi-cleared out by a login from China some time back.
I guess it is work of gold sellers who managed to get your info from somewhere... it happens, I hope Ankama will restore your stuff though.

1 0
RoboTrigger|2016-12-25 10:10:48
My old guild leader had a similar thing happen, their account was semi-cleared out by a login from China some time back.
I guess it is work of gold sellers who managed to get your info from somewhere... it happens, I hope Ankama will restore your stuff though.
That one last login from China was via the website, not the game. Those 3 game logins from France are the one that cleared the items and the Kama.
0 0
Score : 1688

I'm so sorry for your situation, Fluffy. I hope tour case will be resolved fast, and the way you want it.

I'd really suggest you to scan your machine(s), to check if it (they) doesn't (don't) gave any keylogger or other nasty, as well as change your password. Authenticator isn't that completely awful.

As member of TFA, we will help you as much as we can.

0 0
Score : 17865

Getting hacked isn't always due to account sharing. The majority of the time when players make threads about it, it's because they didn't share their info and are wondering if there's anyone who had the same issue, and what they did afterwards.

0 0
Score : 17371

OK, nosing in here.

The problems are not always keyloggers and such. By meant of brute force attemps it is possible to get passwords, if the passwords are not too complex and the sites do not have any way to prevent those attemps, or after several days of attemps. Do you know how bank cards have that 3 attemps limit on them? It is because anyone might try 0000, if not 0001, if not 0002... and so on until trying all 10.000 combinations or until the password is discovered. As this can be done with "bots" working 24:7, those Chinese thieves will be able to steal whatever they want to from your accounts, and possible reselling them in those sites that get SPAMmed so much.

Ways to avoid this:
-Use extremely awfully long passwords with complex character patterns. It will make it take billion of auto-attemps to get your password by brute force.
-Do not download nor install software from sites that have some "shady" business with resale of items.
-Support this suggestion to prevent more login attemps from that current IP/client after 3 failed logins.

0 0
Score : 17865

Using the Ankama Authenticator also helps. It's not foolproof, but the harder you make it for hackers, the less of them are out there that can actually defeat the security systems.

0 0

Hi Fluff,

Thank you for the ticket number, it has been shared with the Support team for investigation.

I would agree with the suggestions to have an Ankama Shield and Authenticator to increase the security of your account.

Score : 104

When all items and kamas from my eni has been stolen i got nothing after 3 monts of waiting.
"All items sold from market and we can`t get them back so as not to disrupt the economy of server" - answer from support

0 0

I would have comment, once I have any response from them.

Flatops|2016-12-27 10:16:06
Hi Fluff,

So I have the "response" and it's utterly unsatisfying. It's even borderline ridiculous. It's somehow an admission Ankama do not keep ANY sort of logs for any activities that happen in-game. And even rise the question do they keep track on Shop purchases? Because, Flatops, I would like the money I've spent refunded. This is not a joke anymore. We speak of monthly subscriptions, hero system, extra character slots, sidekicks, pets, mounts, costumes, mystery boxes, you name it. Just to vanish and to get the "response" it's unrecoverable. NUTS!
0 0
Score : 756

Seriously, forget the game for now. Install a serious-antivirus. A serious-antivirus is a casual term for a more Specific Antivirus Program.

Seriously, antivirus programs like Avast, Norton etc. who offer all in one security solution are rubbish. Just a while back, I had this repeated "Wakfu launch failed. Java met serious...." when I clicked play. I was able to track the problem from Logs. It came out, something in my System32 was interfering with my internet to make a connection with other servers.

I had checked the dll file, which was the interference reason, with like 3 Avast, Norton and AVG, and the file was safe according to the scan. Though I understood, no file at System 32 should cause issues while connecting to System 32. I got a few more specific and less-known antivirus programs, one of which was Malware bytes and few others. I was able to fix this issue with them.

The point is, if you ever got key-logged or had some kind of spyware sitting somewhere on your computer, technically, you really cannot trust your antivirus if it says everything's right..

It can be your credit-card, social-networking login's which can be lost too. I seriously advice you to do so.

0 0
Score : 2
Fluffenstein|2016-12-27 16:35:53
I would have comment, once I have any response from them.

Flatops|2016-12-27 10:16:06
Hi Fluff,

So I have the "response" and it's utterly unsatisfying. It's even borderline ridiculous. It's somehow an admission Ankama do not keep ANY sort of logs for any activities that happen in-game. And even rise the question do they keep track on Shop purchases? Because, Flatops, I would like the money I've spent refunded. This is not a joke anymore. We speak of monthly subscriptions, hero system, extra character slots, sidekicks, pets, mounts, costumes, mystery boxes, you name it. Just to vanish and to get the "response" it's unrecoverable. NUTS!
It's normal to be upset but it's really not Ankama's fault. If you lost your account it's because you shared your username/password on the wrong sites, maybe you used the same login details on a private server, or someone gave you a suspicious link. Either way, it's not Ankama's duty to refund your loss unless their own database got hacked and your account got emptied by the hackers, which is clearly not the case.
0 0
Respond to this thread