FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

PSA Hacked Account/Stolen Items.

By bandersnitch October 26, 2015, 22:05:37

Last week (Thursday night-friday morning) my account password was compromised, and one of my accounts was stripped of essentially all sellable items. In addition, someone stole all of the ogrines in my account and transferred them to dofus kamas.

If you purchased any of the following items from the Nox Market during the weekend, you have purchased stolen goods and you have indirectly supported someone who is a cheater.

Souleater (+6/+6/+6)
Max runed Wa wabbit cwown.
Max runed Wa wamulet
Nettlez (no runes)
Imperial Summoner armor (max runed)
Imperial magus ammy (+8 res)
Imperial assassin cape (+3/+7)
Imperial boots (max runed with dodge)
Tranchus Shushu (+6/+6/+6)
Glavius Shushu (+3/+2)
Woboots.
Onist cape (+7/+7/+7)
Vlad's Eps. (+5/+3)

Several legendary 150ish level items (shock absorbers/tight shadow/srambad's shadow)
A variety of pets and costumes.

I would not expect to get these items back from people who bought them unknowingly.

and I am now quitting the game. So keep these items, enjoy them. HOWEVER, if you received any of these items outside the market, like someone gave them to you, please report that person's IGN and account name to ankama.

I cannot post names here due to forum restrictions, but I wanted to let people know that support will not do anything to help me with this theft, and as a result I am terminating my relationship with the ankama company.

I wish you all the best of luck. Have fun.

1 0
First Ankama intervention

Hi Bandersnitch, I am sorry to hear about what happened with your account but the support team can also give you assistance with securing your account as a first step: here.

And if you have already done so, could you please share with us your ticket number and thank you in advance.

*Moved to technical issues forum.

See message in context
Reactions 7
Score : 1551

It really stinks your items were stolen I hope that wherever you do go if you move on to play another game nothing bad happens there.

0 0

Hi Bandersnitch, I am sorry to hear about what happened with your account but the support team can also give you assistance with securing your account as a first step: here.

And if you have already done so, could you please share with us your ticket number and thank you in advance.

Score : -7
bandersnitch|2015-10-26 22:05:37
Last week (Thursday night-friday morning) my account password was compromised, and one of my accounts was stripped of essentially all sellable items. In addition, someone stole all of the ogrines in my account and transferred them to dofus kamas.

If you purchased any of the following items from the Nox Market during the weekend, you have purchased stolen goods and you have indirectly supported someone who is a cheater.

Max runed Wa wabbit cwown.
Nettlez (no runes)
Imperial Summoner armor (max runed)
Imperial magus ammy (+8 res)
Imperial assassin cape (+3/+7)
Imperial boots (max runed with dodge)
Tranchus Shushu (+6/+6/+6)
Glavius Shushu (+3/+2)
Woboots.
Onist cape (+7/+7/+7)
Vlad's Eps. (+5/+3)

Several legendary 150ish level items (shock absorbers/tight shadow/srambad's shadow)
A variety of pets and costumes.

I would not expect to get these items back from people who bought them unknowingly.

and I am now quitting the game. So keep these items, enjoy them. HOWEVER, if you received any of these items outside the market, like someone gave them to you, please report that person's IGN and account name to ankama.

I cannot post names here due to forum restrictions, but I wanted to let people know that support will not do anything to help me with this theft, and as a result I am terminating my relationship with the ankama company.

I wish you all the best of luck. Have fun.
How will you reply if you quit, maybe you dont need to quit
0 0
Sabi|2015-10-27 01:17:16

In addition to Sabi's post, in your ticket, please also mention that you lost some items so our Support can verify.

Once you have retrieved your account, I would suggest to link your account with an Ankama authenticator as additional security.
Score : 454

Bandersnitch,

If you ever return and play on Remmington, I can help you with a few items. In any case, thank you for this public service announcement. sad

Someone stole two of my friends' passwords in the last 3 months. They lost everything except linked items, cheap decorations, and friends. They helplessly saw the thieves used disposable accounts to sell their items on the market. They reported it but Ankama has a policy of not returning stolen items because Ankama wants to deter fake victims.

I think Ankama should at least return the remaining items on the disposable accounts when they ban those account. This new policy would help real victims recover and still deter fake victims.

0 0
Score : 1902

Thanks to all responses, Sabi, Flattops.

I have already submitted a ticket to Support. I have control of my account, that is not the issue. This theft was purely economical and not personal, someone is systematically checking passwords on Ankama accounts and draining them of resources. If this thing were personal I would expect characters to be deleted after liquidation.

I had 12,000 ogrines stolen and transferred into Dofus, which I haven't played in YEARS.

Ankama has a record of the IP addresses used to connect to each account and I've reported all of the alien IP addresses. NOTE: The IP addresses were from France, and Germany, so technically they should not have been able to connect to Nox in the first place. The first login was from Thailand, and was a web login, so my guess is people are running password crackers on the Ankama websites, and draining accounts whenever they get one.

Support's official position is not to offer any type of item reimbursement, in addition they gave me a list of demands for information to ensure I'm the owner of the account. The official position apparently is to make the process so difficult on the victim that it is not worth continuing. And they win.

0 0
Score : 4731
bandersnitch|2015-10-27 13:11:14
have already submitted a ticket to Support. I have control of my account, that is not the issue. This theft was purely economical and not personal, someone is systematically checking passwords on Ankama accounts and draining them of resources. If this thing were personal I would expect characters to be deleted after liquidation.
Emphasis mine.

Check your password strengths. Don't use obvious dictionary words – they'll probably be in lists used for brute-forcing. Actually, don't use passwords. Use pass phrases and try not to re-use them. (xkcd)

And here's the obligatory authenticator link.
0 0
Respond to this thread