FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

kama sellers report thread

By Government#6707 March 06, 2015, 13:34:51
Reactions 155
Score : 11152
Cap'n Attacha is an anti-bot character? Wow, he's even more my friend than I knew.

I've seen these sells bots in Astrub mostly when i have had time to get online. For now I just ignore them, as well, they are really, really annoying, but it'll probably be awhile before anything is done. I think best idea is ignore them and not deal with them, pretend they not there or pretend everything they say is non-sense.

Unlike resource harvesters, how would you make an anti-sales bot feature? I think might be more complicated.
0 0
Score : 4295
Aquallia|2015-04-24 23:12:18
Cap'n Attacha is an anti-bot character? Wow, he's even more my friend than I knew.

I've seen these sells bots in Astrub mostly when i have had time to get online. For now I just ignore them, as well, they are really, really annoying, but it'll probably be awhile before anything is done. I think best idea is ignore them and not deal with them, pretend they not there or pretend everything they say is non-sense.

Unlike resource harvesters, how would you make an anti-sales bot feature? I think might be more complicated.
"Not pretending they there" strategy won't help, it just make them breed more and more and will make them even bolder. Right now we already see that absence of timely responses from MODs created even more bots not just at Almanax but now at national outposts, which is disturbing.
0 0
Score : 538
Nox. Temple. need i say more?. please just make 3 characters. 1 on each server at temple. every 30 mins tab around and ban the new kama sellers. and they will get tired at some point. also Ban their IP or hardware IP. so it takes them hours to get back. and after some time they shuld grow tired.
0 0
Score : 692
FinroyThePuppeteer|2015-04-25 08:04:52
Aquallia|2015-04-24 23:12:18

"Not pretending they there" strategy won't help, it just make them breed more and more and will make them even bolder. Right now we already see that absence of timely responses from MODs created even more bots not just at Almanax but now at national outposts, which is disturbing.

Maybe one day they will fill the whole outpost and shout those sales-bot. You have a point here my friend. They might get bolder.
0 0
Score : 2218
New kama seller started today on Nox.

b344b23a8d5e3e6a0db570365177cc4e.png

It's not that hard, Ankama. Here's some code to detect kama sellers:

/**
* checks for a forbidden word hidden in a PM message
* @param msg     original txt message written by the user
* @param forbid  string that should not be hidden in message
* NOTE:  it's assumed word is composed entirely of alphabetic characters
* (no numbers, whitespace or punctuation)
*/
public boolean hasForbidWord(String msg, String forbid)
{
    //ignore invalid input
    if ((msg == null) || (forbid == null)
        || (msg.length() == 0) || (forbid.length() == 0)) return false;

//chop out all but the letters
    msg = msg.replaceAll("[^a-zA-Z]", "").toLowerCase();
    forbid = forbid.replaceAll("[^a-zA-Z]", "").toLowerCase();

//check for the forbidden word
    return (msg.indexOf(forbid) != -1);
}//hasForbidWord

/** unit test for hasForbidWord */
public void testHasForbidWord()
{
    String testMsg = "3263455-- 3W.g*a*m*e*b*u*y*n*o*w.c*0*m Sell Cheapest Kamas.3000K Kamas=8USD --234858658";
    assert(hasForbidWord(testMsg, "gamebuynow"));
}

0 0
Score : 733
You mean to tell me I can get all this kama for the price of a big mac??ohmy 
0 0
Score : 18040
BattleReady|2015-06-29 18:38:56
You mean to tell me I can get all this kama for the price of a big mac??ohmy
I'd honestly prefer a Big Mac between those two, honestly.
0 0
Score : -3006
Only problem is they most likely don't sell kamas, only scamming people of their money.
0 0
Score : 6628
deadcafe|2015-06-29 17:52:37
New kama seller started today on Nox.

b344b23a8d5e3e6a0db570365177cc4e.png

It's not that hard, Ankama. Here's some code to detect kama sellers:

/**
* checks for a forbidden word hidden in a PM message
* @param msg     original txt message written by the user
* @param forbid  string that should not be hidden in message
* NOTE:  it's assumed word is composed entirely of alphabetic characters
* (no numbers, whitespace or punctuation)
*/
public boolean hasForbidWord(String msg, String forbid)
{
    //ignore invalid input
    if ((msg == null) || (forbid == null)
        || (msg.length() == 0) || (forbid.length() == 0)) return false;

//chop out all but the letters
    msg = msg.replaceAll("[^a-zA-Z]", "").toLowerCase();
    forbid = forbid.replaceAll("[^a-zA-Z]", "").toLowerCase();

//check for the forbidden word
    return (msg.indexOf(forbid) != -1);
}//hasForbidWord

/** unit test for hasForbidWord */
public void testHasForbidWord()
{
    String testMsg = "3263455-- 3W.g*a*m*e*b*u*y*n*o*w.c*0*m Sell Cheapest Kamas.3000K Kamas=8USD --234858658";
    assert(hasForbidWord(testMsg, "gamebuynow"));
}

Why censor out the message for an uncommon phrase like "gamebuynow" as opposed to the .c0m ? o.o

I'm pretty sure it would be singificantly easier to censor out various forms of .c0m/dot-com/d0t-C0m/.net/dot-net... etc o.o

Edit: Actually, even if you try to go this far the gold spammers will just use multiple lines to spam. For example-

"gamebuy" as the ending phrase
"now" as the start of the next message.
0 0
Score : 4295
Am I only person, who noticed that ignore is no longer working on the spam bots? If you try to add it to ignore you keep seeing his messages.

PS: Curiously it seems that after relogging it was fixed for me, but was opposite for my friend whom I asked about this problem. I didn't see the messages anymore, but she started seeing them. Curious.
0 0
Score : -16
It's always the same pattern.
Just implement a regex filter that checks for numbers at the beginning, the end and Sell Cheapest Kamas.

Then hellban them.
Aka, they see their message popping up but nobody else does, provided they are using an actual client and not some homebrew hack one.

The following works in vim, for example and should also work in perl and java and if not then the symbols used are still applicable so if you can't use it verbatim then you'll still be able to use the parts of it since regex are standardized.

\d\+--.*Kamas.*USD.*--\d\+
0 -1
Score : 1494
How about we make people "earn" the right to use trade chat?

Merchant Quest lvl 30

-Gives a Merch Table to sell things in Haven Bag (5 slots)
-Allows use of trade channel.

This may stop (or help stop) this obnoxious trade spam.

(need to be creative for the vicinity chat one though... hmm)
0 0
Score : 40808
could do what flyff did and make people be unable to use trade and shout channels until like level 15 - 30
0 0
Score : -16
Well it would hypothetically be possible to counter bot them by timing party invite timeouts so they don't flood.
The bots usually let the time expire so that's potentially easy to do and they can't talk during the pending request.

The only drawbacks to that are:
Ankama doesn't like bots.
It gets difficult the moment someone else interferes with the request or if the bot has human intervention then some messages might get through until things balance out again.

It would also need a way to update bot names via whispers or something but thats even less TOS-friendly since it would involve scanning memory and all that.

But I suppose good old fashioned manual requests every now and then will keep them busy just fine.

Edit2:
Actually, a trade request would be better.
0 0
I wouldn't mind a PK mechanic in anti-PK zones. For example - it someone repeatedly said the same (5+ times) they can be attacked and sent to prison immediately (no tombstone). That would help ^.^
0 0
Score : 11152
Some of them do not use trade chat, but vicinity chat. I've seen this around Pappy Pal in Astrub, which is another common location for them to show up.

The hot spots should be watched, Pappy Pal, Almanax, nation outposts, etc.
0 0
Score : -3006
i'm highly positive about new sadida - not a single nerf, many buffs and good tactical play possibilities, especially in PvM(i s. see potentiall but didnt test in teams yet);
only problem is doll ai skipping turns and mixing up enemy position.

Goodnight.

This was truly wrong topic, sorry.
0 -1
Score : 25157
blazakkhakabow|2015-07-01 04:01:25
i'm highly positive about new sadida - not a single nerf, many buffs and good tactical play possibilities, especially in PvM(i s. see potentiall but didnt test in teams yet);

Goodnight.
Dude, wrong topic.
0 0
Kikuihimonji|2015-07-01 09:00:47
blazakkhakabow|2015-07-01 04:01:25

Goodnight.
Dude, wrong topic.
I think he's intentionally trolling and trying to annoy you actually...
1 0
Score : 2218
A new kama seller has started up on nox.

5c0807640e77f1dc4178c12bb0b9f292.png
0 0
Respond to this thread