FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

FPS issue

By Drejn-87 March 31, 2015, 22:18:41

So i got this problem since many months and decided to finally make a thread after trying different solutions.

So i got an high end system running wakfu and my fps go in the range of 15-25.

That could be an optimization problem IF on another machine, low end, it runs really smooth at around 30 fps or more (could not manage to profile the actual numbers, but it was really clear from my many many tests that the difference was around that framerate)

Also noticed that the game freezes more often and for longer times on my system, while the freezes are shorter on the other system.

My system specs

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 3.5Ghz
RAM: 8 GB
Graphic Card: AMD Radeon R9 290

System that i tried on:

CPU: Intel Duo (around 2.5 Ghz)
RAM: 4 GB
Graphic Card: AMD Radeon HD series (1Gb)

What i tried:

• Tried both steam and standalone versions (the other pc was running on a standalone)
  • Tried compatibility mode
  • Tried setting dedicated ram via Java (4gb)
  • Tried to run the program on 1 CPU
  • Update the drivers to the latest version (even tried installing beta drivers)
0 0
Reactions 4
Score : 241

0 0
Score : 82

Well in this case is really weird, because the game runs actually better on an older machine and that is really odd

0 0
Score : 297

huh i have the same problem, it runs well on my desktop pc which only have 6gb ram and well im embarrassed to tell you the rest of the component, but on my laptop which have 16gb of ram, core i7 etc etc ( you know...one of those gaming laptop), it got massive fps drop, up to the point that i cant even play, this is weird, and i play skyrim fully modded in ultra high

0 0
Score : 3390

Turn off Steam overlay. It solves it.

0 0
Respond to this thread