FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Created account through Steam. How do I play through Launcher ?

By November 27, 2014, 20:44:01
AnkaTracker

Hello.
I have never played through launcher. When I started playing Wakfu I started my account through steam.

If I want to play through launcher what credentials do I put ?

0 0
First Ankama intervention

Replying to DenUchiha

Hi DenUchiha,

As your question is not related to the thread's topic, and that you've revived an almost 3 year old thread, I'd have to close it. You can create a new one instead, and please let us know what do you mean by DLS?

See message in context
Reactions 13
Score : 1103

your ankama account that you registered and bound to your steam account

0 0
Score : 193

Actually I do not remember doing that.

I did click "Login with steam" then I was asked if I have Ankama account. I said "No" and then went into server select etc.

EDIT:
Even if it uses the in-game username that I have chosen as username - what is the password?

0 0
Score : 36879

It creates an account specifically for your steam account without giving you any credentials to use.

This happened to me and I had to submit a ticket and explain the situation to support for them to unlink that account. If you want to keep that account you're only gonna be able to use it through steam not the normal launcher.

0 0
Score : 5532
MiniMikeh|2014-11-28 00:32:11
It creates an account specifically for your steam account without giving you any credentials to use.

This happened to me and I had to submit a ticket and explain the situation to support for them to unlink that account. If you want to keep that account you're only gonna be able to use it through steam not the normal launcher.

Woah, what uncomfortable design. :blink: 
0 0
Merriden|2014-11-28 00:56:49
MiniMikeh|2014-11-28 00:32:11

Woah, what uncomfortable design. :blink:
The entire thing is a mess (like having to contact support to unlink an account and link a new one) like seriously?
Why can't they just shove this in the options
0 0
MiniMikeh|2014-11-28 02:02:34
The entire thing is a mess (like having to contact support to unlink an account and link a new one) like seriously?
Why can't they just shove this in the options

I imagine that they'd have to work together with Steam somehow to implement that. Maybe.
0 0

yeah im not even 100% sure on how that whole process works I just know that other f2p mmos that go through steam in most cases allow you to do multiple things for example.

Have an account created through your steam account like wakfu does
But also allow you to login to another account whenever you want to by logging out of your steam account character.

It really doesn't seem like it'd be that difficult to do. Unless like you said ankama just doesn't feel like working with steam for it

Maybe Picaro can shed some light on this subject for us? *throws out some bow meow treats*

0 0

The very concept of having to "link" an Ankama account with a Steam account seems out of place to me.

If DLC purchased on Steam went straight into the linked account's gift interface, that would explain it. However, instead we get a redeemable code to use on the website, which would make much more sense if the system allowed us to switch between accounts when launching via Steam.

It's cumbersome and confusing to customers.

0 0

That is another good point to bring up as well if you're gonna link an account why do we need codes for the "dlc" packs?

Just let us have the normal login screen when loading the game just like the regular launcher

0 0
Score : 305

this topic needs an urgent answer.there is a huge discount on steam and this way we cant buy this pack

Click here

0 0
Score : 1820

I found this FAQ on Steam by Troyle, hope this helps.

Click here

Which says

" Can I use my Steam account to log into the WAKFU website?
Yes, you can directly login into the WAKFU website using your Steam account."

0 0
Score : 15

how to enable DLS in the Wakfu mmorpg in steam

0 -1

Hi DenUchiha,

As your question is not related to the thread's topic, and that you've revived an almost 3 year old thread, I'd have to close it. You can create a new one instead, and please let us know what do you mean by DLS?