FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Advertising/ Promoting Wakfu [SE please respond!]

By ms-qina December 25, 2012, 02:16:33

Dofus and Wakfu seem to be more popular with the French community. I think it would be a good idea to advertise more in the United States by having a booth at anime conventions. There is a convention at least once a week. Have screens set up showing gameplay and the Wakfu videos of the new islands. Maybe have the person running the booth dressed up in Wakfu cosplay. Could pass out a card that has a 1 week free subscription on it (only good once per account).

upcomingcons.com and animecons.com have lists of conventions coming up soon.

You could chose someone that already plays the game to set up the booth, or someone from the Square Enix team.

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 6477
ms-qina|2012-12-25 02:16:33
Dofus and Wakfu seem to be more popular with the French community. I think it would be a good idea to advertise more in the United States by having a booth at anime conventions. There is a convention at least once a week. Have screens set up showing gameplay and the Wakfu videos of the new islands. Maybe have the person running the booth dressed up in Wakfu cosplay. Could pass out a card that has a 1 week free subscription on it (only good once per account).

upcomingcons.com and animecons.com have lists of conventions coming up soon.

You could chose someone that already plays the game to set up the booth, or someone from the Square Enix team.
This is a great idea, but it's not going to happen

Square-Enix lost tens of millions of dollars this past year and laid off a significant portion of their LA office staff. Wakfu was heavily affected by the layoffs.

I hate to say I told you so, but way back in Closed Beta we all told you not to launch the game in the state it was in. it would fail.

see. I told you i would hate to say I told you so…
0 0
Score : 8302

@ Ms-qina: There is a marketing program in effect. Just not at anime conventions. They did conventions more in 2011.

@sevenatbest

if you do a quick google search this official statement from SE is all over the internet. It says that the layoffs it won't have any impact on any of their MMO titles. In fact they're releasing a new MMO title fairly soon.

In order to ensure it is operating effectively, the Square Enix Los Angeles office has reduced its workforce. This was a difficult decision and we wish the best for those affected by these changes. The decision will not have any impact on the operations of MMO titles. Customers can expect those services to continue, including the upcoming launch of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.
0 0
Score : 868

All the more reason to promote the game then. To get more players to bring in more money for them. And to keep us current players happy with playing the game. So many peole are quitting over boredom, friends leaving, etc.

0 0
Score : 2485

I think the best way of advertising this game would be to release an English version of the cartoon in North America.

The cartoon's fantastic! A friend showed it to me, and after watching a few episodes it instantly became one of my all-time-favorite shows. It was also after a few episodes that I learned Wakfu was an online game. Because the show was so good, I decided to hop on-line and see what the game was all about.

And that's how my friends and I started playing Wakfu. smile

So long as the English Dub was done well, I think it would raise a ton of awareness about Wakfu, and we'd see much more Players on the Nox Server.

The trick then, would be ensuring the game is entertaining and accessible enough to keep all these new users playing. wink 

0 0
Score : 694

There should be a player incentive to market the game with Wakfu time or coins or whatever. We should want to do it anyways but if there was even simple things like I could send my friend 1 week of wakfu sub (1 time only) and they could try it I bet It would stimulate the game.

0 0
Respond to this thread