FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

'For Display Only'

By Isfan June 12, 2012, 23:45:50
To Prevent the Sale of items listed at 0 Kama in Haven Bags.

Inventory Space and Item Storage are huge issues for Wakfu; it's something every new player has to deal with and those of us who invested in numerous Merchant Gems and fancy windows still have a hard time managing our space. There is always a shortage of space; no one is free from the pressure of what to do with all their items. So when tax-free storage was taken away, I had to overcome my Phobia of Forums to make a post about it.

I am sure I speak for a majority of the community when I say I relied on the tax-free storage of Haven Bag display windows to keep my items in. Pricing them at numbers that would not sell for free was the only way to deal with the various materials and items gained as drops by a variety of mobs or gathered in professions. And while it did allowed some people to sell expensive items while dodging the tax, this felt OK since it was considerably harder to sell from one's haven bag then it was to sell from a market board as the only way to find items for sale in bags was to manually browse them. However, this tax-free selling apparently was an issue to Ankama and they felt the need to fix it, so we most likely cannot change their minds on that to bring tax-free storage back in the form that ti was.

Suggestion: Allow items placed into Display Windows of Haven Bags to be "For Display Only", a tax-free alternative to listing the items "For Sale" yet preventing them from purchase. This can be done either by making items listed at 0 Kama in Display windows unbuyable, or to include an option during the pop-up for item-pricing and package-quantity selection to indicate that the item is meant only for Display.
The 0 Kama option seems it would be easier. These are Merchant Gems; Items listed at 0 Kama are not being sold, but should not be free handouts either.

Thank You,
~Isfan
1 0
Reactions 22
Score : 691

Hello Isfan!

Thank you for your suggestion, I sometimes struggle with inventory space issues as well. Although I need to overcome my rat-packing!! The display windows were never meant for storage, hence the tax.

Guilds of certain levels also have access to Guild vaults that can be utilized for extra space. Make sure you are also equipping the max amount of bags in your inventory. As a side note, I use a couple of characters as extra space too. wink

I think a more formidable solution would be to actually increase inventory slots or the ability to add more space in the haven bag.

I hope that helps, thanks again for the suggestion!

-Phenteo
Follow me on Twitter: @SE_Phenteo | Like us on WAKFU Facebook
Download WAKFU | Boutique | Game Guide
| Ankama Support 

0 -2
Score : 1709
SE-Phenteo|2012-06-13 00:55:30
As a side note, I use a couple of characters as extra space too. wink
Speaking of that, I really think there should be a way to easily share items from characters on 1 account. Any method of sharing items now has a bit of risk to it and it's not handy.

I do like Isfan's suggestion of having items for display only and not for sale.
0 0
Score : 691

A mailbox that you could send yourself items, to your alts, would be cool.

-Phenteo
Follow me on Twitter: @SE_Phenteo | Like us on WAKFU Facebook
Download WAKFU | Boutique | Game Guide
| Ankama Support 

2 0
Score : 848

While I appreciate that you took the time to answer Isfan, SE-Phenteo, there is a problem with your reasoning.

You are quite right that the right solution would be some other way of expanding storage, apart from display windows. But the real problem right now, with that line of thinking, is that this solution doesn't exist yet.

Ankama has shown a track record of making game-breaking 'temporary' changes, in exchange for some future promise of things to come. The same happened with the spell system, the cap was implemented, and without any further knowledge, many people stopped playing because of the uncertainty. Now that the new system is out, that's a moot point... But *at the time* it was a serious concern for many people, because those who were in the process of switching elements while high level realized their builds were now frozen until the spell respec landed.

Maybe Ankama will introduce craftable storage chests or something in future, who knows... But the real problem is that such functionality is not in the game *now*, and so for now, we are left with no options apart from listing items at 0 kama and just never leaving our bag open anywhere... Since pretty much everyone in-game uses display windows for storage, this one change has just made haven bag selling useless to most players. Crafters, which are already treated poorly in this game, due to them usually being lower level, and therefore a target of PKing (a bounty system would help here) are now in very bad shape because they will never be able to store all the materials they need for their professions.

The guild vault is not a solution, it pales in comparison to what haven bag storage used to offer. There are simply not enough slots. And without more rigid access controls, is vulnerable to theft/scamming.

Please Ankama, Do not break the game in exchange for future promises, if you want to fix this "bug", then do it when you have a suitable replacement for storage. Until then, leave our display windows alone, please, or give us a workaround that functions as Isfan described, at least for now.

1 0
Score : 120

I agree with Isfan and Az. The tiny amount of storage offered is no where near enough to support a game where crafting is a HUGE part of regular game play. While the storage windows may not have been intended for this use players have found it to be an acceptable solution to storing necessary items. Instead of commending players for their ingenuity in coming up with a solution Ankama failed to offer us, Ankama was needlessly taken it away. The way government is set up currently and with the (rather stupid) changes made to the challenges there isn't any need for taxes to begin with.
~Cassia

(And Isfan! I'm so proud of you for posting on a forum!)

0 0
Score : 78
I think a more formidable solution would be to actually increase inventory slots or the ability to add more space in the haven bag.

We had that ability once. We called them "Display Windows".
Whether that was their intended function or not, that was the solution we needed, and that is the solution we need again in some form or another.

mikomikonurse|2012-06-13 02:13:58
(And Isfan! I'm so proud of you for posting on a forum!)

I still dislike it, and still shake and fear and wonder if I'm saying something stupid that will be logged permanently and forever on a forum for anyone to lookup and read.
But for the good of Wakfu I know I need to post for at least this one topic. In 1.2, Ankama made a hotfix and change that really drove away a -huge- portion of their combat-oriented players. With this 1.3 change, it feels like now the Crafters are being penalized and driven away. If successful, Ankama might soon find themselves with no one but new players and Merchants trying to sell items to each other left paying for their game.
0 0
Score : 266
mikomikonurse|2012-06-13 02:13:58
The way government is set up currently and with the (rather stupid) changes made to the challenges there isn't any need for taxes to begin with.
~Cassia

Top reason right here.
0 0
Score : 139

I absolutely agree with the idea of storage. Even if we were given extra space for our carry-on bags, it's still not enough, and WAY less organized. I prefer to just keep what I NEED in my bags, and everything else in storage, so that I have room for potential new drops.

And besides, why should all players be forced to use their Haven Bag as a merchant shop, when not all players are Merchants? As Isfan stated, it really drives away the Crafters of Wakfu, because now there's no place for them. Or rather, the place you've given them is so tiny itty-bitty it makes the entire experience nearly impossible, and much less enjoyable.

Everyone has a different style of gameplay, and without Haven Bag storage, part of that gameplay is lost along with its players.

That being said, I agree with the "0 Kama" idea. Please remedy this soon, or else you may end up losing many good players in the time it takes you to fix it. :c

0 0
Score : 136

Yes, some solution is needed, as a crafter there is simply a lot you need to store.

A bigger chest, or more ikiakits. Or perhaps racks being allowed in the deco areas that aren't on the market at all. You might find you'd sell a lot more of those decorative chests and wardrobes as well, if they actually could store something.

In any case the change has made leveling crafting more difficult.

0 0
Score : -6

Im sure this has been mentioned before, but why not just make it so the tax is not applied until after an item sells. It seems like a very simple and logical solution both eliminating tax evasion and allowing us to actually store items we don't want to sell.

0 0
Score : 18193

Crafters need to have options to store their harvested items. We craft in the thousands of some resources, and there needs to be room for us to store things. I have 3 boowolf sacks, all ikiakits, 8 display windows of various sizes... and I STILL am out of room. I even store on alts, honestly. And now, because of the tax thing for the haven bags being 'fixed', I cannot store anything in there. I can list it as 0, but then I can never open my bag anywhere except behind some very out of the way tree or rock and hope that while I'm farming my 12gem garden, no one steals all my things listed at 0 because I couldn't afford to list them with tax to keep them unbuyable.

Right now, the tax system is stupid and broken. Challenges were destroyed when you took away the varying items and emotes (Where are the emotes, btw? You plan on putting those back?) No one changes the weather. We don't buy challenges anymore. We have NO REASON to even HAVE taxes right now, other than to siphon money out of our economy so the miners have something to do.

We do not need more INVENTORY space, we need more HAVEN BAG space. All of the ikiakits should have all of the slots open, for starters. We should have the DISPLAY ONLY option in the DISPLAY windows. You know? It's called Display... so.. you know...

Anyway, my guild leader pointed something out to me that I found interesting. If you use the scroll-wheel on the mouse over your three inventory bags under your character, 3 more spots appear... more spots for bags? You can't put anything there. Glitch? Future idea about more bag space?

We just plain need more space. Not more taxes taken from us and the inability to store things. People say stop being packrats.. well first of all.. Crafters CAN'T because sometimes it takes HUNDREDS of mats just to make ONE object. So if you want to multi-craft that object, you have to have THOUSANDS of that material. And that's just ONE object. Now put that through all of the crafting professions.

It's not packrat mentality. It's simply gathering to craft in order to sell and keep the economy going.

Make more storage space, or doom your game's crafters, and thus a good chunk of the economy of the game. It's really not that difficult of a decision, I think. =)

1 0
Score : 1103

All of this thread, aside from SE-Phento's posts and Reap's post.

WE NEED STORAGE!!

0 0
FeldePard|2012-06-13 08:49:47

Anyway, my guild leader pointed something out to me that I found interesting. If you use the scroll-wheel on the mouse over your three inventory bags under your character, 3 more spots appear... more spots for bags? You can't put anything there. Glitch? Future idea about more bag space?

Do not try to put a bag in those spaces! It is a glitch, and whats worse is that sometimes it works. And you'd think this would be an awesome extra bag space, but you can't see the bag, so you will never have any idea what is in the bag. You can't take things out of the bag (but they can still be used in crafting).
Seriously. Don't try to make yourself a glitch bag, it's not worth the frustration.

(slightly off topic, but I thought I'd give a warning about that since Ankama refuses to fix it even after many bug reports sent by many people)
0 0
Score : 8307
Hello Isfan!

Thank you for your suggestion, I sometimes struggle with inventory space issues as well. Although I need to overcome my rat-packing!! The display windows were never meant for storage, hence the tax.

Guilds of certain levels also have access to Guild vaults that can be utilized for extra space. Make sure you are also equipping the max amount of bags in your inventory. As a side note, I use a couple of characters as extra space too. wink

Maybe that's true. Tax evasion on the other hand is definitely an intended feature. They've specifically mentioned areas like the sewers and the wild gob areas can be used to "avoid taxes" in past patches . it's a bug in the first place then, that you can be taxed there when you're not supposed to be, and it should be fixed anyway.

Forward to them the idea that forcing people to only use their havenbag windows for sales is foolish. If they want to use windows for storage let them. Other posts in this thread have already made great points for why, and how.

I like the idea of making more bag space and bigger chests though, but the guild chest is too impersonal for some things. I use it a lot I just don't use it for everything.

As A auggestion I'd say add some ikiatkits with 25+ spaces.
0 0
Score : 9900

Hi guys,

I guess I wanted to add a couple of info that may interest you:

In a future content update, the Development Team is planning to integrate a new Ikiakit for the Haven Bag chest that will be used for resources, the team doesn't know yet how many slots it will have as they are still discussing it.

Also the item stacks will go from being currently maxed at 999 to 9,999 so this may further help you save a few more slots in the inventory.

Nonetheless we are planning on putting together more information on how to make the best out of your inventory very soon, and as usual we are open to any suggestion you may have or feedback, so stay tuned!
1 -1
Score : 1103
SE-Sabi|2012-06-15 01:18:59

Also the item stacks will go from being currently maxed at 999 to 9,999 so this may further help you save a few more slots in the inventory.

Yes!! Thank you very much Sabi!! This is great info, much appreciated!
0 0
Score : 695

Yea sry umm, As for Guild Bank not enough slots. Charcter's Bags not enough slots increasing the amount to 9,999 works for one item way more stuff than that in the game. I hold gear sets for my guildies and a few mats and im constantly taking gear out and putting it back in so none of your ideas work for me. Plus why do i HAVE to sell my items if i put them in a table anyway? we should atleast have the option to put for display only. Im glad yall replied but no matter what you do isnt gonna be enough whether u make it 9,999 or have other characters you still have to pay to store and the chest in the bag can only help so much. Atleast make each kit in the chest go to 100 slots. < yea best idea ever.

0 0

Thank you for the information Sabi, while I'm really looking forward to the larger stacks I do not think it will even come close to compensating for the amount of storage space we have lost. It's not simply a matter of having one or two materials that we have piles of sitting around, it's that we have hundreds of different materials that are necessary to store so that we can level a crafting skill.

I think the obvious and easy solution is right in front of you and instead of hearing what we're saying and taking our opinions to heart we're being ignored and offered unsatisfactory solutions, and it seems like it's just being done out of pure stubbornness on the part of the Devs.

You obviously are not "open to any suggestion or feedback" we have, as we are being ignored (as usual).

0 0
Score : 78
SE-Sabi|2012-06-15 01:18:59
In a future content update, the Development Team is planning to integrate a new Ikiakit for the Haven Bag chest that will be used for resources, the team doesn't know yet how many slots it will have as they are still discussing it.

I have to say, this seems to be a recurring problem in the Wakfu development as a whole.

Inventory has always been a problem, and it was only manageable due to the Display Windows offering storage space. This change has only made this problem excruciating. And instead of giving us a quick solution (after taking away a perfectly acceptable solution we already had) they are sitting around talking about new solutions while we wallow without one.

The Devs need to learn to stop taking away things they think are "problems" before coming up with and implementing a new alternative solution. It took them forever to create the new spell system for the combat-oriented players in the game. They had to wait all of the 1.2 patch for that to be fixed for them. I'm afraid that now us crafters will be the ones shoved out into the cold. Is it our turn to wait until the Patch 1.5 for a partial solution that we may not even find acceptable to be implemented?

I know the Display Windows being used for storage was never what the Developers intended, but I never heard anyone complaining about how items could be listed in Haven Bags tax-free. Not once.
I've heard almost everyone in an uproar about the addition of adding the tax to the clan-member free areas. A majority of major players, at least.

The only ones who seem troubled by the practice were the Developers. One has to wonder, who are they making this game for? If they take away the things that their players enjoy just because they dislike the idea themselves, they may find themselves without anyone playing (and paying for) their game eventually.
1 0
Respond to this thread