FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Bring back old xelor spells

By Lilscooby February 08, 2012, 00:53:13

I have a xelor lvl 24, i found at least a couple of completely useless spells, Hydrand, Sinistro, & all air spells. Theres no way around it, you cant win a battle against a strong opponent, knowing that you need Hydrand & Sinistro on the clock dials without them dying the next turn. I would suggest bring back Dark Ray in replace of Hydrand & Homing Hand for Sinistro. Also it would be nice if xelors could have Counter which would be really help out. There are a lot of vulnerable spots on this xelor & is limited to do certain things. Should make them more flexible for close & midrange. But seriously air spells need to go. & come up with some new ones or like i said bring some back from dofus xelors.

0 0
Reactions 6
Score : 224

I think that removing the entire air tree is a bit much, but I agree that there are some dead spots in the Xelor's arsenal, namely Underhand and Temporal Distortion. If you are giving Xelor an emergency escape with Tempus Fugit, they don't really need Underhand, a spell which is only worth using to escape locks.

As for Temporal Distortion, the -hyperaction is too small, it doesn't scale, it only works every second turn, the targeting is finicky, and the damage is microscopic. Due to the way the skill experience system works in Wakfu, using it in battle makes it feel like it is stealing xp from skills you actually value. Combine this with how valuable Devotion is overall, and it just feels like an empty space.

I agree with Hydrand being garbage, but I've seen Sinistro do some neat stuff. I agree that Dark Ray should be brought in (Xelor have trouble with LoS right now), and there needs to be... something done with the Air tree so that it is viable on its own.

0 0
Score : 70

I agree. I personally love the concept of Xelor as a class and that's what I envision myself playing if I decided to subscribe to Wakfu in the future.

If they're going to make Xelor so highly dependent on their dials they really need to revamp a lot of the LoS spells so that we can actually DO something viable each turn. There is nothing more aggravating than explaining to brain dead players who play the upfront close combat classes that they need to make sure they try and keep an open LoS so that I can actually participate in battle.

Thinking about the dial situation, it might even be nice if no one else could step over your dial glyphs since we're so dependent on them for our already limited mobility. The fact that the dial randomly breaks should really be fixed before they launch this game for pay to play. If Spells such as Underhand actually pushed enemies back, say 5~6 spaces, it might actually be decent even if it didn't do much damage.

I also agree that Temporal Distortion should either scale, or take off a higher number of hyperaction points, perhaps dependent on the % of stored AP on our dials? Just brainstorming.

Anyway, until I see that they're genuinely working on balancing the classes in this game, Xelor in particular, I'm probably not going to commit my money to this game long-term. I know that SE are only the publishers for this game, but after that bad taste they left in my mouth with another MMORPG released in 2010 which I'm sure people can take a guess at, I'm rather weary about giving my money up to a company they're backing for US distribution.

This game seems very promising if they follow through and dedicate serious implementation of class balances, but only time will tell. Just my two kama

0 0
Score : 1849

You realize you wont see any changes from now until the launch right? They've fixing *** all month but they aren't going to release it until launch day. So if you're going to want to see what they've fixed and done you'll actually have to pay to see it.

0 0
Score : 70
Porpo|2012-02-09 01:36:31
You realize you wont see any changes from now until the launch right? They've fixing *** all month but they aren't going to release it until launch day. So if you're going to want to see what they've fixed and done you'll actually have to pay to see it.
Well, yesterday, I believe it was, they officially announced that they're releasing the first big round of game patches on Wednesday February 15, which will include the Ecaflip class that everyone is so eager to play for some reason. I've never really cared for character classes that rely heavily on luck and probability in order to function, but meh. Anyway, if that patch includes at least a start of the needed balancing changes, then I'll be sufficiently happy to at least subscribe short-term, but I feel it's still too early for me to be investing in this company/game for one entire year before I see a glimpse of what they can do as a serious game development company. It takes more than gimmicks and nice artwork to make a functional, enjoyable game that people can understand without needing a PhD in mathematical computations.
0 0
Score : 171

Thank you for agreeing with me, to tell you the truth, i find Dofus Xelors more useful, than here in wakfu, it isnt really that good. tempus fugit, is an ok spell, but should really bring back teleportation as well, but w/o sacrificing mp at all, plus tempus fugit range is horrible, how is it possible to escape a sticky situation when you can only jump two squares away. thats not being tactical at all, thats jst a waste of ap & mp. for Ex: Iops got to keep Jump & sacriers got to keep swap. its only fair to balance out the character spells, yes new generation spells look cool or whatever. ive seen the animated series, in french. Xelors should get cool spells like the evil xelor on episode 2 or 3 which ever one it was. stop time or something cool & epic. In my opinion i think thats what gamers are looking for now these days, spells that look epic & that do good or decent damage in these type of games. but yea. i think ive said too much & wondered off topic.

0 0
Score : 227

Just use 2 tempus fugits to get away.

0 0
Respond to this thread