Ankama Trackers

Guilds: Your thoughts !

By #[Troyle] March 19, 2012, 17:12:02
DevTracker
Reactions 41
Score : 99
CZone|2012-03-21 19:05:04
- Guild Island

Its an idea me & a few guildies came up with during the wait for launch. To acess it, it could be a shortcut on the screen or an npc even a zaap. The idea is basically an island, where a guild could have their own little community. Every new guild gets a island by default. But to prevent abuse by single players, you have to unlock every part of the island step by step, sort of like wakfu/statis islands. Where you donate resources/kamas to open it up.

So the things you can unlock, fields for planting, areas with houses that holds different workbench that you need to unlock addtional to the area. There should also be a big guild mansion, where people can gather + a guild vault that people can store things (only certain ranks can go in etc).

This idea will make guilds work together & become closer, also archive things together.

Edit: Sorry for posting before reading the last part, was so exicted! I hope you can foward this to the dev's if you think its good enough smile

i second this would be a brillant idear, a place to hang out , guilds could store seed stocks & then a guild can work together unlocking various resorces areas, ( can all start bare and they have to bring the seeds in), the guild leader can set Rank Locks onto the difrent areas which could stop new members sjut exploiting the gulds hard work, and the system to make it work is kinda in place already like the groups in dungeons. To save on data the game needs to save there could be a requirement like guild needs 20+ members befor the island is even acessable

I also think useing the notice boards around the place for recutement etc is a good idear
1 0
Score : 3994

A havenbag guild room accesibleby all guild members trough a portal inside their havenbag.
Inside would be crafting machine rooms and gardens, and a chat-trade board.

0 0
Score : 10
kmattt|2012-03-24 12:30:58
- Guild Island

Its an idea me & a few guildies came up with during the wait for launch. To acess it, it could be a shortcut on the screen or an npc even a zaap. The idea is basically an island, where a guild could have their own little community. Every new guild gets a island by default. But to prevent abuse by single players, you have to unlock every part of the island step by step, sort of like wakfu/statis islands. Where you donate resources/kamas to open it up.

So the things you can unlock, fields for planting, areas with houses that holds different workbench that you need to unlock addtional to the area. There should also be a big guild mansion, where people can gather + a guild vault that people can store things (only certain ranks can go in etc).

This idea will make guilds work together & become closer, also archive things together.

Edit: Sorry for posting before reading the last part, was so exicted! I hope you can foward this to the dev's if you think its good enough smile

i second this would be a brillant idear, a place to hang out , guilds could store seed stocks & then a guild can work together unlocking various resorces areas, ( can all start bare and they have to bring the seeds in), the guild leader can set Rank Locks onto the difrent areas which could stop new members sjut exploiting the gulds hard work, and the system to make it work is kinda in place already like the groups in dungeons. To save on data the game needs to save there could be a requirement like guild needs 20+ members befor the island is even acessable

I also think useing the notice boards around the place for recutement etc is a good idear

I also really like this idea. And the limitation of only unlocking the guild after it has 20 members is also nice.

But don't make the island too big, please. We don't want players to permanently live inside the guild area.

Btw, there was someone suggesting perceptors.... just... ugh... no! Not another Dofus. This game has shifted too much towards Dofus already.
0 0
Score : 3144
Akkustik|2012-03-26 10:27:16
kmattt|2012-03-24 12:30:58
- Guild Island

I also really like this idea. And the limitation of only unlocking the guild after it has 20 members is also nice.

But don't make the island too big, please. We don't want players to permanently live inside the guild area.

Btw, there was someone suggesting perceptors.... just... ugh... no! Not another Dofus. This game has shifted too much towards Dofus already.
this idea is the best so far, i think the guild island could be accessable by boats at certain areas for free 1 way trip to the island and from the island to incarnam its free, then from the island to other boat areas it could cost 2 kamas, (The reason for this is so players cannot get trapped in this island because they cannot afford the zaap or boat out, personally i think all zaaps should have free travel to incarnam 1 way to make it easier to meet new low level players and being sent to incarnam is like a punishment because of the distance you need to run to get to anywhere important)

an idea i had was using Haven bag Gems on the Guild island!

just like a haven bag there could be a pedestal with (Guild level X Guild level ) / 5 capacity

guild level 0 = 1 gem slot

Guild level 5 = 4 gem slots

Guild level 10 = 9 gem slots

Guild level 15 = 16 gem slots

and this goes up to lvl 50 with 100 gem slots
(200 gems total because you can stack gems ontop of eachother)

every guild member has the rights to place gems, but only the Guild master and members with rights can take away, place or move the gems

the Garden gems don't give any exp so it could not be abused any more than the garden gem in the haven bag, This could give players that option to be mean and take all the guilds rescources then it also allows players to gain trust in other members the guild could Decorate the island to make it look pretty and to have that guild show how dedicated its members are to other members in the guild or visitors, the guild leader could play with the permissions to make some areas accessible by higher ranking members and not by lower ranking members ( example: only officers or higher can access the craft zone, only Right hands can acess the Garden)
1 0
Score : 179

Well from my point of view i think if there is a new chat just for officers/right hands/leader were they can discuss guild related topics and discuss members issues if any member is getting to annoying or any member being too handful and deserves a rank up, that would be great because i dont think all officers/right hands/captain can gather in one group all together and its really hard to keep using private chat to discuss something between each others

0 0
Score : 30840

Thank you all for your suggestions!

We gathered the feedback from all communities and forwarded a first batch to the developers.

Here is a first idea of the new features that they would like to implement in the next patches:

More customization:

You will be able to customize your ranks, notably concerning guild chest access (see below) and recruitment. You will also be able to rename ranks and give them authorizations the way you want.

Description and guild message:

We will implement a ladder including the 100 highest level guilds (see below). On this ladder you will be able to publish a guild description, and a recruitment message. All players from the World of Twelve will have access to this description, and will even be able to browse through the table to find a guild they like.

Additionally, you will be able to create a guild message of the day that will appear in the chat when logging in.

Guild level:

Each guild member will be able to allow a percentage (of his choice) of his combat/profession experience to his guild. Each time a member completes a fight or use his profession, he will contribute to his guild’s combat and crafting level, allowing it to level up.

Therefore, your guild will have an overall level depending on its combat and crafting levels.

Leveling your guild will give you access to more interesting bonuses.

As an example, one of these bonuses is access to the guild chest. This chest, the same for every guild, will be localized somewhere in the world (not yet decided). Everyone will be able to open it and access the content of his own guild’s chest.

This idea of guild level will also bring a new objective to many players, particularly those who are already high level.

Guild Haven-Bag:

We will correct and improve permissions for your Haven-Bags so you can create real Guilds Haven-Bags. It will be up to you to be organized!

So far we cannot disclose more, but we want to add a more powerful system in the future.

No guild Haven-Gems:

For the moment, and with the new haven-bag permissions, we don’t think it is necessary to develop haven-gems dedicated to guilds.

We stay all ears to your suggestions on this point though.

On the longer run:

We’re also thinking about:

• PvP between guilds: there is a lot to be done on this point, a lot of improvements to make. But this will depend a lot on class balance and this is why we keep aside for the moment. However it is one of our objectives concerning guilds.
  • Guilds alliance: We would like to allow guilds to create alliances; this would be linked to guild PvP.
  • A perceptors system: Some of you suggested this idea and we liked it very much. We’re thinking about the best way to implement such feature.
  • Guild spells: This would be an interesting evolution, but it will not be developed before a long time. We still keep it in mind though.

And more ideas:

• Interactive items in the haven-bag: bar stool, dummy, etc… These are things that we would like to implement (and not only for guilds), we all agree that this could only make haven-bags richer and livelier. It will not come quite yet however.
  • Posters: This is something that we were thinking of developing for other features but would fit perfectly to guilds. We keep it in mind. It will probably not arrive soon, but could be an evolution later. However, adding a poster board in haven bags where guild masters can write text, why not? We will see if this is technically possible to implement in short-term.
  • Guild quests: Huge evolution that we thought a lot about. It is something that we would like to see in game. Again, not quite yet, but it stays on our list.
  • Guild sets: This is something we’re currently working on. If it doesn’t come soon, we will make sure to implement it as soon as possible (this could also be useful to nations…)

0 0
Score : 517

New idea:
If there's no guild members limit, there should be one. But it should be a guild skill. So like with lvl 1 "Extension" (whatever) skill only 10 members can be recruited.

Why? Because it's no fun when strong guilds have like 50-60 members (i heard even 100+ members guilds exist) whilst the total amount of ppl playing is still low.

0 0
Score : 94

My guild bonus suggestion:
The guild's goal is playing and achieving something together so I think there can be a bonus system like that:
When a guild level up it gains Guild Points and Guild Points can be exchangable with some bonuses:
Agility
Change
Strength
İntelligence
Prospecting
Dodge
Initiative
Perception
Block
Wisdom
Critical Hits
(The other bonuses like Action Point changes the balance so they mustn't be bonuses)

And My suggestion's main idea: As I said at first, Guild's goal is playing together so when you get into a fight with your guild members bonuses are increasing like that:
1 person gains %50 of the bonus
2 people gain %100 of the bonus
3 people gain %150 of the bonus
4 people gain %200 of the bonus
5 people gain %250 of the bonus
6 people gain %300 of the bonus
7 people gain %350 of the bonus
8 people gain %500! of the bonus(Because a maxed group that full of guild members are in the fight!)

***'Bonus suggestion' for the bonus system:
Like the some unlocklable things in Wakfu(Transport things etc.) Bonuses are unlocklable too!Such as:
When you gather 100 piwi feather and give them a machine in the guild-gem your guild gains %1 exp bonus for trapping etc.

What do you think about my suggestion?

0 0
Score : 514

i only see one real drawback to your guild group sugestion, Elenix.
that it would make everyone only group with their guilds.
after all, why invite some noob from outside the guild and loose some of that special incentive?

and while its a good idea in theory, it would probly be abuseable. also means unless your part of a guild, your going to not only lag behind, your going to be ignored for grouping up and parties and dungeons ect.

if you lower the bonuses and make it only half the player amounts (ie, bonus for guild memebers goes up to 4 players only) it would encourage guild runs whilst also encouraging taking folks along to trial em without including em in your guild (so you know if they play well with your guildies and are worth inviting)

however, its perfectly acceptable to have those bonuses in GvG and PvP nation situations. becasue your then in a more close knit requireing situation.
(assuming they add any guild versus guild action to the game i mean)

0 0
Score : 94

Firstly thanks for feedback.happyI don't think the bonus is too high if you use a little math at there:
For example if a guild can give max 50 str bonus and you play with 8 guild friends
Bonus str is will be 50x5=250 and 1 str gives 0.5 dmg bonus so you can gain max 125 dmg bonus.
I think it isn't too high but maybe your other suggestion(bonus limit at 4 people) may be good.

0 0

its not realy the bonuses that are too high. they are fine, especialy if your doing a guild v guild, or PvPing nation v nation.

its the lure of only having your own guildmates to GET that bonus in situations other than GvG or PvP nation v nation.

its a bit like what happend once WoW aded the guild leveling, then after messing it up, took away parts of the system.
once there was a cap to how much a guild could level, and since all the guilds had been reset (major QQ over that there was lol) the next problem was that only the huge guilds were getting anywhere. everyone in the smaller guilds had speed leveled their chars to speed level their guilds, and now there was little way to gain those levels back.
this casued a lot of guilds to shut down and only the biggest ones survived (which would have been great on PvP realms, for sheer arse-kickery if they could have been bothered to arange fights between horde v aliance)
but the point relating to this is that...once the cap was there, no one would consider forming a party that wasnt made up soely of guild memebers for anything. because if you took a newb or non guildy in with you, you didnt get all that loverly Guild EXP. so no one ever took a non guildy anywhere. so anyone that was not part of a huge guild, was never having much fun, doing much dungeoneering and so forth.

thats why it isnt the bonuses that are the problem, its the amount of guild memebers needed to GET the bonuses (in a non GvG or PvP NvN situation) thats bad.
keep the bonuses for the PvP related stuff, those are good reasons to guild up and go out there and kick arse. but for dungeons ect, its going to mean no one thats guilded will take anyone else but guild peeps.
(which also means you cant guage if a potential new player cold make a good guild candidate, if no one takes you on a dungeon run to test you)

0 0
Score : 1440

I feel the devs had a self-evolving world prepared for us.. but in order to do that like on "Face of Mankind", they need to give us some tools.

Guild cuts:

Guilds should be able to take a piece of the action wars and on top of the goverment be able to also take over a land as say the ruling earl of the land. Now they dont get many powers but they should get a small cut of the taxes in the nation depending on how many terretories they captured.

Guild types.
Lets be original and do guild types... when you create a guild you should choose its scheme.

Public Guild - Which is your regular guild. Should get exp bonuses for Crafting and dungeons (Due to bonuses on other guilds ill talk about). Should also have sub-categories. Lumberjack guild, allrounded, herbalist, same class, etc.

Guard Guild - An additional chat for people in distress (i.e. being attacked or bullied) ability to interviene in a illigal attack. 5 CP is awarded to the person who defeats an outlaw, 3 CP for assistance during an attack, 1 CP is given to all the members of the guild that are online.

Mercenary Guild
- Able to use an addidional chat requesting world wide dungeon groups or other parties. used to contract recruits when you lacking in power or members for a party. Payment system for completing dungeons or partying for a certain ammount of time while in a mercenary contract.

Outlaw Guild - Similar to guards guild but they gain a chat to organise raids and illegal activities instead of positive CP, negative CP is given to all members online.

I've made a thread about the following but Ill post it here too since its relevant.

Rebellion + Guild

When I first saw Wakfu's trailer, I imagined it to be a bit like Fable... Be the good King and fairly share your profit or be a dictator and gain money anyway possible.

Either way you take though will lead to the same thing... a few weeks of unquestioned obidience all because someone else had more friends to vote for him... If you are good smile well done! you may get reelected sometime... if you aren't you'll likely never set foot in a govermental speech again.

For this I suggest the following.

When the guild's collective CP reaches a certain negative ammount of CP. That Guild can then overthrow the goverment.

What do we profit from that?

Flexibility in the politics scheme - So you got some powerful friends? That's pretty much garanteed dictatorship, everytime a dictator loses an election he can force his way into power again! Similarly a dictator can be overthrown by a democratic rebellion. Isn't that what rebellions are about? The weaker small group, winning against the stronger ones?

CP flow - All the lost CP can be regained for those who want to follow the normal path into success.

A reason to increase guard patrols and security - Obviously you'll want to weed out these rebelious teams before they get enough -CP to overthrow the goverment!

Bounty hunter + Criminal actions - There will be a point in being evil and for those who want to seek justice.

Of course Players with "Guard" status or above will receive warning messeges about certain guilds increasing negative CP rate.

Thoughts?

0 0
Score : 5755
Kurochikun|2012-04-25 11:18:26
[/b][b]Outlaw Guild - Similar to guards guild but they gain a chat to organise raids and illegal activities instead of positive CP, negative CP is given to all members online.
I endorse this to the max.
;D
0 0
Score : 730

I would like to see a simple and easy thing, the log of items that people insert in guild chest. with item name, and who inserted that item.

0 0
Score : 667
Guild Houses.

Each guild could buy one house with 2~3 rooms(depending on prices), like those buildings you see around the world (steamu shore somes to mind as an example).

1st room would be the public room. Customizable with Handyman crafts. This would work as an litle market where the tax would go to the guilds fund (should also be implemented).

2nd room would be the guilds private room. With chairs, seats, crafting tables, etc.

3rd room high ranked guildies room.. and so on

Also, the exterior should be costomizable too.

This would give some new things like:

House rent's (more money for the government);
In the bridge's marchet the option to look for some guild house in specific;
robery (new interface for outlaws;

P.S - (sorry for the english, not my first language)
0 0

while guild halls (houses) ARE a great idea, i doubt they would make them a physical building in the game, out in the world.
think about it..all the land we have now, the 4 nations maps and the little islands...thats ALL the land we have IC. nothing more...the rest is drowned under grumpy lovesick Ogre tears XD

if they were to implement it, i expect it would be another haven bag style thing. after all, in a world where we cant all fit without those little bags of holding on steroids ( lol ) it would be prety selfish of us as characters of a drowned world, to use the land for a house...when it could be used to feed people or grow resources (in character i mean)

but...rather than houses...hows bout Guild Ships?
i mean..the worlds flooded, there is lots of nice water to sail about on....wouldnt it make sence to have Guild Ships? get your crafters to make parts....take those parts to a NPC Shipwright and get him to put together parts like bow, stern and keel...then save those parts in the guild banks (or GMs havenbag if you havent managed to open the bank yet)

once you had enough parts, you could take them all to the NPC Shipwright to get a ship crafted. small ones at first, maybe like little viking longboats, then eventualy going up to the galeons from medievil times as the big ones ^^ (you get the NPC Shipwright to Upgrade your ship..same as you built it, get bigger and better parts, save them and then get him to make the ship bigger)

0 0
Score : 667

Actually i think you're right Silverbane7. Using Guild Ships instead of Houses would indead fit in the story of the wakfu. Nice idea =)

This could even create a new profession (Shipwright) ohmy It would be good to see sufokia have a new main profession since fisherman is so undervalued by everyone :s

(I can even see a new interface in which guild pvp, 6vs6, would be made in those ships conected by bridges *-*)

0 0
Score : 706

Please remove the automatic leadership switch "feature" in guilds. No one who has EVER started a guild has appreciated this.

Please shorten build times for buildings inside haven worlds. This is non-sense, especially with how long. The -10% shorten time building is hardly worth it.

Please improve logs in guild banks.

Please

0 0
Score : 3594

The Guild Member limit right now is 200 characters. As for the leadership switch thing, while i agree we dont like the idea of losing what we started, if a guilds leader never showed back up nothing could be added, the guild would die , and a haven world would not be updated either, and alos could not be resold, its 3 months right now, if it needs to be longer im fine with that but there should be some sort of time limit. I do not ever find an issue with build times in Haven Worlds as between resources and kama needed to add things i think its very rare for most guilds to add two things at once as it is. But i do think the kama cost of haven world buildings/items needs to be lowered. I like the idea of different types of guilds and guild ships. But i also think there should be Merchant shops in world, which would be in the Markets and only obtainable by master craftsmen and their Aprentices can use the shop as well, adding some sort of sales fo shops system, and some sort of sign up for Aprentices, if the master craftsmen becomes inacitve, it would go back on the market, or it could go to the next highest Aprrentice, as long as they are a master craftsman as well. I just dont like how the markets seem dead and you dont see anyone. But on the merchant shop there would be a list of all craftsmen, which crafts they do (would only show the ones on at the time) and it would have the symbol of the guild attached to each craftsman, and there would be ranking for this for guilds, as well as guild points when items are made, 5 guild point per item, for any craft that is not chef or baking, chef and baking, chef and baking would be 5 guild points for every 10 items. Therfore makign crafting just as good an option for guild points as fighting.

0 0
Score : 706

Lyrical, as a guild leader, it just prevents me from putting in effort to recruiting and maintaining the guild. The system is communistic. I don't care if I'm away for 1 year, it's still my guild and the effort I put into it should not be passed on to someone random inside the guild. I would like to share the guild and all that has been accumulated including the bonuses but forcing me to not be absent when the co-leaders can do everything fine with their permissions is slightly more depressing than hiring a marketing team that all suffers from down syndrome, which Ankama is very familiar with.

0 0
Respond to this thread