FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The infamous group finder

By cody5#2705 - MEMBER - July 22, 2021, 11:26:26
AnkaTracker

It's been over a year since the group finder came out and it's still impractical to use and buggy with 0 changes since. Because of this literally noone is using it besides on accident (because it's a button on the dungeons) and half the players dn't even know it exists.

The global chat is nice, but when do you plan to fix the main system that's designed for people to play together?

5 -9
First Ankama intervention

Hi guys,

Thank you for the feedback. We recently shared a survey regarding classes, so the team's focus for the next patch would revolve around class balancing. Unfortunately, we don't have news to share about improvements on the group search though we've taken note of your interest, the team is aware of it.

[Flatops]

See message in context
Reactions 8
Score : 9401

in other games, the search group function is quite complex from a development point of view and requires a lot of time and attention to make it work enough.
It seems to me that this function is not needed for Wakfu after the global chat to search for a group. but this is just my opinion, I do not know what other people think about this.
every day I write to the global chat "daily 201+, 3/6" and there were always people who saw this message and have a similar need.

6 -4
Score : 3589

I mean sure global chat is nice, but it has limitations such as some people not using global chat and language barriers.
I think group finder is an important part of the game that deserves to get more use and attention, as it could have features that surpass what gobal chat can do, such as:
-seeing a list of groups that only need 1 more (or 3 more if you have heroes)
-group automerge (if a lot of people sign up for 1 dungeon, automatically making them a group)
-role requests (if your group needs a healer, or a positioner)
-level range signups (i'm up for any dungeon at x level)
etc.

3 -9
Score : 2140

Don't you realize that this feature will take a long time to develop?

5 -3

Hi guys,

Thank you for the feedback. We recently shared a survey regarding classes, so the team's focus for the next patch would revolve around class balancing. Unfortunately, we don't have news to share about improvements on the group search though we've taken note of your interest, the team is aware of it.

[Flatops]

Score : 3589

Oh I know you are busy with class rebalance, a new zone, osa rework and the ecosystem rework, I just want to make sure this important feature isn't forgotten (like that politics rework)

4 -4
Score : 637

I don't think that a mmo needs a group finder, interaction and comunication is what makes mmo's  experience different from mobas or battleroyales, why can't people just talk to each other to find a group? And c'mon, language isn't a barrier in 2021 for gaming, everyone can make a little effort to understand mmorpg terms like pt, dd, tank, healer, etc.

I think that it would be better to improve the communication between players and guilds.

1 -2
Score : 274

Not sure why the op is getting downvoted, group finder is incredibly important in a MMO game when the world is so huge and it's not incredibly hard to program. < Forum Rules >

Even low effort budget mobile games have group finding/matchmaking.

< Forum Rules >

2 -2
Respond to this thread