FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Puzzle Dungeons or AKA Explorable Runes!

By BubbleTzzz#4871 - MEMBER - July 22, 2021, 00:03:57

Hey its me again with another suggestion!

I was watching wakfu the animation and I noticed a lot of cool things that they do, like sneak around or find dungeons with boobytraps that they need to avoid or solve. I know the story quest dungeons have puzzles, but what if there was an actual dungeon you can party up with to complete these dungeons, or some new content called "Wakfu Runes",  " Explorable Runes!" , "Dimensional Runes!" Ohh that sounds cool... Dimensional runes!

Concept
Maybe its different from dungeons where you dont need to kill anything but just explore these ancient wakfu runes thats filled with boobytraps and puzzles. Maybe there isnt a level requirement either because its just based on tactics.

It just gives some verity in the types of dungeons players have and what they can do day to day. love the dungeons we currently have, love all the  new and interesting mechanics each dungeon has, but they are kinda similar in format, mob stage, mob stage, mob stage, mob stage,  boss stage.

How cool would it be if there were some dungeons that weren't based on your damage or resistance, but it would be based on your ability to work together as a team to sneak passed the enemy guards and hide in the shadows, or figure out a puzzle like an escape room to get to the next stage. theres no instructions, players just have to figure out how to complete the tasks.

• maybe theres a boss at the end of the stage you fight, or maybe there isnt and its just a puzzle dungeon the entire way with an ancient treasure chest at the end, but you need the keys you collected in the previous stages to unlock it.
  • Maybe there are guards you need to sneak past, like the ohwymi questline, where if the guards spot you, it restarts you or you fail the stage.
  • Maybe stages would have random tasks and codes. Items and keys would be in different locations every time so its not like you can memorize the dungeon and pass through it easily every time.
  • Maybe there are sections where you need people to stand on the correct squares to pass or hit the buttons in the right order.
  • Maybe there are sections where the team is split into 2 teams (3 and 3) and they are placed in 2 separate rooms or dimensions but they need to communicate and work together to figure out the puzzle.
  • Maybe there are stages that are completely dark and each player can only see 2 or 3 squares infront, behind, and the sides and we have to navigate through the dungeon. and you need to find objects
  • Maybe there are stages that one person is doing the action (like pushing blocks around in the room) while everyone else is trying to figure out where to push them
  • Maybe there are some stages that care mazes and we just need to find the exit.
  • Maybe there is a time limit in each stage.  I take this idea back, if these puzzles are actually difficult i think giving everyone unlimited time to think would be better. where people might actually spend an hour trying to figure out 1 stage lol. maybe some stages are easier. or maybe the difficulty of the level changes depending on which stasis or difficulty level you choose before you enter,  and the token rewards are different  based on the level you choose.
  • Maybe there are some runes you can  explore and complete solo with sidekicks, for some players that don't always need to play with others.
I think this would be really fun for the players and really fun for the devs to make these head scratching dungeons for the players. trying to stump us. 
There are already tons of these puzzles that exist already, Im not asking the devs to create a new type of puzzle maybe they can just take a bunch thats already been created.

Rewards!
I've been thinking about this for a bit, what would make it worth while for people to rerun these dungeons over and over. 
Sublimations are kind of the reason why people run dungeons after they get the relic they want or item they want.
Whats something like that but for every level?

Maybe just tokens you can trade in for a verity of things that would help players with crafting like trade 10 tokens for like 100 tears or something( maybe more tokens for people who are subbed like regular dungeons) . or maybe you can use these special tokens for fragments, or maybe you can use them for boss materials. I don't know what the best reward would be.

You know when you harvest stuff and you get pushed into this battle with a cat where you have to do the little puzzle with dice numbers and it rewards you with a ton of materials. I would think this dungeon would be like that but for better materials like tears, boss materials or something. Maybe theres like 5 dungeons and you can only do them all once a day. just something to help players with materials. I dont know exactly, but if you guys have better suggestions for rewards plop them in the comments.

I wouldn't want the reward to be like a costume or something. something people obtain once and never run again like scripture tokens. Once everyone gets all the items they want from scriptures' those tokens are just sitting in inventory.
0 -1
Reactions 4
Score : 9428

This all sounds liek a fun idea, especialy if Ankama takes inspiration on the level designs in Boktai 1 and 2, these criminaly underrated GBA games had some really brain-busting puzzles to solve but it was all really fun to do overall.

1 0
Score : 1085

Omg YES! Boktai 1 and 2 is a great idea for inspiration! I never played this game, but when i looked it up OMG this is perfect example of how fun and exciting these dungeons can be. Some of these puzzles are actually really hard too! like the one where you have to move the color blocks in the right spaces, but trying to move those boxes to the right location is impossible without blocking yourself off. Great idea!!!!

there can be stages with the main puzzle like the blocks being placed in the right location, and other smaller easier puzzles that need to be done by the rest of the team and when they are done they can help solve the main puzzle.

1 -1
Score : 3603

I mean we already have the temples of the gods where you have to solve the puzzles to get the divine artifacts, but i guess i wouldn't mind a few shorter ones.

Funny enough, they tried to implement puzzle elements into dungeons before, they added traps you had to avoid outside of battles to wild tofu dungeon, but they weren't very obvious and people had no idea why they had so many debuffs after runing over them

BubbleTzzz#4871|2021-07-22 14:51:55
Omg YES! Boktai 1 and 2 is a great idea for inspiration! I never played this game, but when i looked it up OMG this is perfect example of how fun and exciting these dungeons can be. Some of these puzzles are actually really hard too! like the one where you have to move the color blocks in the right spaces, but trying to move those boxes to the right location is impossible without blocking yourself off. Great idea!!!!

there can be stages with the main puzzle like the blocks being placed in the right location, and other smaller easier puzzles that need to be done by the rest of the team and when they are done they can help solve the main puzzle.

So more of these?
1 0
Score : 1085

OH YEAHHHH PERFECT! but not just for solo, but group puzzles. have you ever played destiny2? when a new raid comes out people spend all week trying to figure out how to solve and pass the raid stages. its pretty incredible, they get no instructions, they just have a team of 6 and they go in and try to complete everything before anyone else in the world. at the end of the raid who ever completes it they win a real life jacket, which is a pretty cool prize. I dont expect ankama to do something like that, but those raids are really intense and really immerse players into the world of exploration. I think it would really be great if there we're other types of challenges other than the typical dungeon that players can run with a team on the daily, not just for a 1 time quest that you will never run again because theres no point in doing it again. this puzzle dungeon would be difficult everytime you run it. maybe there are more experienced players thats been through the dungeon that can explain what the concept is, but they still need to work together to solve. ( not complaining, the dungeons are amazing i love them, but just mean something different than a mob mob mob boss type of dungeon. 

This game is based on cubes and squares in its design, perfect for puzzles! Im excited just thinking about all the potential of new content there could be for players.

Troolfair would be a perfect location for this! no one really goes there anymore any ways but this would bring new attention to trool fair. 

like i said before, i think the reward should be something worth while, im thinking these can be daily quests that can reward players with crafting materials, to help them gain tears faster, or boss materials, or tokens for those dungeon machines, or maybe even transmutations, i dont know im just making things up.

0 -1
Respond to this thread