FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Death & KO mechanics

By cody5#2705 - MEMBER - June 07, 2021, 09:48:41

Why do all buffs, debuffs, summons, mechanisms and other effects placed by the player or enemy dissappear when they get knocked out?
I mean I understand for summons, since it would be weird if you could still play your summon after dying as an osamodas or sadida, but it's annoying if you die in the middle of the fight as a rogue, get immediatly revived and now all your bombs are gone and you have to start all over.
Personaly I don't mind that revival effects end if the player reviving you dies, but IMO buffs, debuffs and mechanisms should stay on the field untill you actually die (discarnate), not when you are KO'd, since you can potentially still get revived, especially now that our turns are still tracked after we get KO'd for revival turn order reasons.

As for the monsters, their buffs and debuffs are super inconsistent on their death, some dissappear, while others stay even after their death, even if they don't persist on the field (chafers for example), would be nice to go over that and make them consistent wither way.

0 -2
Reactions 6
Score : 9428

Honestly, the whole mechanic regarding death in Wakfu could use an overhaul. Dedarn is plain STUPID, there, I said it! Getting this huge debuff for 3 whole minutes is a waste of time. And I feel like being linked to your healer when revived is a little too much! Maybe if it lasted for 2 or 3 turns its ok, but after a while, let us live if the healer dies again! This whole thing puts way too much pressure on keeping your healer alive.

2 0
Score : 3608

Honestly, I think being linked to the healer is fair, oherwise healers could just revive eachother after they both go down.
Besides you shold generally try to keep your healer alive.

As for De Darm, I don't really have an oppinion about it, I mean there's already 2 potions that make it go away

0 -2
Score : 5931

cody5#2705|2021-06-08 10:35:59
Honestly, I think being linked to the healer is fair, oherwise healers could just revive eachother after they both go down.
Besides you shold generally try to keep your healer alive.

As for De Darm, I don't really have an oppinion about it, I mean there's already 2 potions that make it go away

A side note, I think there is more food that can remove this De Darm debuff, as per recall got 1 as Raid Boole from low level Chef craft, 1x from the Chillberg Ambassador Wing monster drops, 1x Mummy Bandage from Halloween monster drops, and 1x Darm Bandage from Astrub Inn change machine. 
0 0
Score : 3608

Well I didn't count event drops since those are limited time only, but yeah i guess I forgot to count the bandages, does anyone even use those?

0 -1
Respond to this thread