FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Removal of Shiny Appearance for Ores and Fishes

By luliki3 - MEMBER - October 19, 2020, 20:45:31

2020-10-20 EDIT: Changing some stuff because I agree with what's being discussed below.

tl;dr: Remove shiny appearance for ores and fishes. They still provide the same type and amount of resources as before.

I've never met anyone who likes the shiny resource mechanics for ores and fishes, where you have to gather said resource AND HOPE NO ONE STEALS THE RARE ONES FROM YOU.

I saw some suggestions regarding gathering but they all affect the amount of resources available, while I think this is debatable and possibly valid, it's not the point of this topic.

Please, just make it so rare ores and fishes do not shine. It's pretty annoying to watch people running around just waiting for you to spawn a rare ore/fish for them. There's currently nothing we can do against this and it's just sad.

5 -2
Reactions 17
Score : 283

Thats never gona happen, that would go agains't what devolpers made, right now you can improve your gathering drops with gear, pet, buff and tools.
 In your ideia the rare resources would be benefict from that bonus, wich for we can see now developers dont want, same goes for the capt'cha, yes is hard to farm rare resources but thats what make them valuable, instead you could suggest more mining spots, or fixing the heaven worlds and allow to gather resources in an isolated ambitent wich would resolve the mather of other players stealing.

0 0
Score : 909

I guess you didn't really understand what I'm suggesting.

First of all, as far as I'm aware, rare resources is already improved by tools, buffs etc the same way normal gathering resources are. And even if they aren't, that's not the point. I don't want gathering resources to become more common/cheaper.

I just think it's kinda stupid that rare resources shines. It can actually be exactly like it is today, just.. not shining.

You will eventually get rare resources IF you are actually mining or fishing (because I agree with you Vilmer from the post down below, I don't think other gathering professions need to change). But if you are just roaming and waiting to steal some rare resources you will be out of luck, that's all.

1 0
Score : 196

I'd be ok with this for mining and fishing, but not any other profession. Atm you can just spam trees, crops, and plants in your bag and then reset afterwards to get shinies. You can also just take seeds off something and hope it turns into a shiney when they grow back. Neither of these methods would work under this proposed system, you would have to wait for the crops to grow, then harvest all of them.

2 0
Score : 814

I don't like this idea. It would take longer to grow new crops and we would waste time on both getting seeds first, then cutting the plants. It's even impossible to do that with trees so now there would be a need to keep track of your seeds all the time. Too bothersome.

2 0

Right. What if it was only for mining and fishing? As I said above, I agree that for other professions we have an alternative and can even profit from the current method.

Guys, my aim with this suggestion is not to make decent people's lifes harder. We can keep everything as it is today, just make ores and fishes not shine.

0 0
Score : 5511

I think some other get confuse about the title, actually can be "Removal of Shiny Appearance for Ores and Fishes" could easier understand? 

But all in all, I don't think it would solve the intense compete of resources in such open world. 

0 0

Thank you for your suggestion, just edited the topic. 

And yes, it wouldn't solve everything. But I think that's for another topic, like some cool ideas on how to make harvestable resources available in a fairer and broader way without making them less valuable.

But I'm yet to see an argument against my idea.

0 0
Score : 3209

Whenever  I am mining or fishing I WANT TO KNOW if there is a shiny, for my own sake, and take it as I cycle my rounds.

0 0

That is why this post have reason open up for constructive suggestion. Plant-able crops have soft limit like 2 minutes(to be confirm) that belongs to its owner which avoid any stranger pass by to steal/cut/destroy it, but ore nodes & fish spots consider share in public are different case which difficult to restrict someone to perform not-so-moral action to take one's effort to refresh the uhmmm, the RARE. 

1 0

As suggest, if you want a rare one, do the hard effort yourself to obtain it, every single harvesting in Miner and Fisherman has chance % to get the rare one. Then, everyone would just simply focus your own business in harvesting and not wandering around to snatch benefits. 

2 0
Score : 672

this is a kind of roundabout way of getting around it why not just ask them to let us get ore seeds and fishing spots we can place in the havenbag like we can with other plants

could easally put a minimum space between ores and require correct biomes for fish and just add the biomes as drops you already have sand biomes for the sand fish so just add ones with water

0 0

Then, I would suggest a brand new mini-mine-cave pockets with little pond nearby, there is random mine node and fishes arrive every day(with highest level never excess yr current jobs level), that you can harvest daily..Ehmmm, with like only respawn 10x time daily?

P.S: It is JUST weird that "plant" a stone or fish in every haven bag cell and can steps over them... mellow

0 0
Score : 283

JSky|2020-10-20 16:58:49
Then, I would suggest a brand new mini-mine-cave pockets with little pond nearby, there is random mine node and fishes arrive every day(with highest level never excess yr current jobs level), that you can harvest daily..Ehmmm, with like only respawn 10x time daily?

P.S: It is JUST weird that "plant" a stone or fish in every haven bag cell and can steps over them... mellow

but not wierd to plant a monster? o.o for fish there cold be fish seeds and a kind of aquariam to farm in heaven bag and heaven world, and for ores cold be like you gather a rare ore seed that allows you to plant a ore vain in hb or HW, and that would bring many beneficts.
0 0
Score : 782

its on my good day list to stalk ppl when they farm ore

0 -1
Respond to this thread