FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Visual indicator of harvested mobs

By cody5 - MEMBER - June 26, 2020, 23:46:49

mobs have a cooldown before their resource can be harvested again, but there's no indicator which makes it really hard to remember which one you already harvested since they keep moving around.

6 -2
Reactions 6
Score : 2356

cody5
mobs have a cooldown before their resource can be harvested again, but there's no indicator which makes it really hard to remember which one you already harvested since they keep moving around.

Oh this could result in some truly ridiculous visuals.... imagine:

If someone harvests gobball wool, or collects tofu feathers.... the poor critters run round nekkid until the 'resource' grows back??    laugh

Sounds like a great idea!   This wouldn't require much if any changes to the server-based code, as most of the visual graphics are downloaded to player's computers as part of the initial client download, probably only the client would need changes? 
1 0
Score : 4758

Well it would need new sprites for each mob, but as a sort of cutting corner method it could just have the hue changed a bit on a body part or make them have a simple aura while regrowing

1 -1
Score : 260

This is a cool idea, but it needs to have 2 parts to it, 1 for the resource and 1 for the seed.

0 0
Score : 4758

maybe a recolor for resource, particles for seed?

1 -1
Score : 2356

cody5|2020-06-27 14:07:55
maybe a recolor for resource, particles for seed?

In the case of gobballs, which in seasonal events like "Al Howin" have appeared "orange", or "St Potricks" have appeared "green", there is certainly precedent for it...   pensive

... maybe "blue" when one harvests wool because the poor critter is feeling the cold for lack of the wool to keep it warm ??   laughfear

The permutations get a bit confusing in the case of gobbettes though, as they have multiple resources (both wool and mimilk)  tongue
0 0
Score : 103

I absolutely agree. I collect 1260 * 20 seeds per week, and sometimes large packs of mobs make me crazy.
what about small icons on the top of the mob?

1 -1
Respond to this thread