FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Turn Time

By Gwyn - MEMBER - June 09, 2020, 18:32:07

Hello Fellas,

So I started wakfu back in the good old days on Amara. Back in the day we had longer Turns (60 sec if i remember correctly). So i started the game again and wanted to try it out some time ago. But i just cant enjoy the 30 sec turn times.
Are there any plans to increase the time back to 60? Or are there plans to implement a group setting to toggle 30 / 45 / 60 sec Turns, at least in PVE?
I would like some kind of statement regarding this. If the Turns stay at 30 sec i wont return as that is just not enjoyable for me, but i really love the game and would love to return.

5 -2
Reactions 30
Score : 102

If you end your turn early the remaining seconds will be added to the next turn up to a max of 60 seconds per turn

0 0
Score : 277

I know but i can barely manage with 30 seconds its just too short. So that doesnt work. if i have to think + anim,ations its just not enjoyable. thats why i asked if there are plans to change it, like the idea i proposed.

1 0
Score : 196

Gwyn|2020-06-09 16:42:02
I know but i can barely manage with 30 seconds its just too short. So that doesnt work. if i have to think + anim,ations its just not enjoyable. thats why i asked if there are plans to change it, like the idea i proposed.

Learn to use hotkeys and plan your turn while the enemy is doing its thing. It's very easy actually. I can do my turns in less than 10 seconds ez.
0 0
Score : 3881

It depends on the class really, on my iop or elio i can usually end my turns on the 15 mark, but on my xelor or rogue i usually run out of time before i end my turn,  because i have to think about stuff that happens during my turn

6 0
Score : 1201

Running out of time before finishing up the last actions feels awful
I think the remaining time carry over is all we will get though

2 0

i hope not other games manage to give you different options, Wafku could too. its not that hard to implement.

0 -1

I mean why not give us a group toggle to make rounds longer? there is literally only benefit in that. No one gets a disadvantage from that

cody5|2020-06-10 09:11:30
well it would make fights about 30% longer on average

But if the group wants it why not make it an option? if u want faster fights just toggle the 30 sec rounds, literally no disadvantage here just a + for players that want a bit more time.
6 -1

well it would make fights about 30% longer on average

0 -1
Score : 1489

In a large amount of content, most notably ultimate bosses, a lot of the challenge stems from the pressure you get from the limited time in your turns. If you had longer turns it would take away a lot of challenge from content. Its not ideal in some cases and its frustrating if you can't properly finish your turn. But the time limitations is something everyone will have to work with and you can get better at it, although it most likely means you will have to start planning your turn ahead of your actual turn. The proposal about a group deciding the turn times could result in an unfair advantage - for groups that decide to have increased turn times - in the competitive spectrum of this game. On the other side, simply changing the turn times to be longer makes the game relatively easier. Now that last point isn't necessarily a bad thing, i think a lot of players can agree this game is quite hard at the endgame, but i think such a change wouldn't be consistent with the developers view on the game.

I should remark some classes have animations that really do take a lot amount of time. Some spells in Pandawas moveset come to mind and spawning the Xelor dial for example. I wouldn't mind the team going over the duration of some spells to maybe make them shorter.

0 -1

Well with xelor it's less about the long animations (and yes some are a bit slow), but more the fact that due to the RNG twister that is rollback you have to recalculate your plan after every spell cast as well as figure out the positioning with your dial movement and awkward spell ranges

4 0
Score : 1496

I just want to write one thing : L A G S.

3 -1
Score : 5273

I just remember old Feca drip animation was 5 seconds for a 2 ap spell. Thank goodness they took feedback and fixed it to be 1 sec cast animation after a long time of players feedback.

2 0

are there still Community Managers around back on Amara he would answere these questions or bring feedback to the devteam quite frequently.

0 -1
Score : 11871

Honestly it's a tricky topic, the limited time in turn is some form of the game difficulty lvl, with your progression both you imporve same with the game in terms of amount of mechanics u need to have in mind. Increasing turn time makes it less of a challange.

Tho I have in mind that animations from Pandawa for example are really really slow, sometimes on few classes that get much ap buffed its just hard to perform their turn, manipulating with bombs on woke lvl can take a lot of practise to squeeze it in 30s.

Also when u play with randoms having longer turns might potentialy make games even slower and u can fall asleep waiting for turns of your ally kek

There is also question of lags and some bugs with spell casting/animation that happens from time to time, lags especially during events like double exp or double prop  that attract a lot of ppl and servers simply cant stand that.

Honestly toggle from 30-60 second turns wouldnt be a bad idea, in the end if 60 seconds would give big advantage in ladder nobody stops other teams to toggle 60second as well, tho it would decrease the skill level of the game a lot as well as make game even slower, let's not lie to ourselfs wakfu is pretty slow pase game.

3 0

How about 60 seconds turn 1 and 30 seconds the rest of the turns?
So you can save part of turn 1 for later use

2 -1

So am i ever going to get an response from a Community Mod or smth from official side if this will ever get changed?

0 -1
Score : 164

i am neutral on this subject . but  the probleme is that . it isnt easy to to just ''increase'' the turn time . cause that will not only make the game much easier . removing whats sence of strategie left  . and significantly increase the fight time .  im realy not into that . i dont think its even a probleme at all .
i mean like would u speak of a boss being hard as a probleme . and from experience it usualy takes less than 10 secs to do the actions  the rest of the time is sometimes wasted trying to figure out the right thing to do and thats totaly fine . 

3 -5

difficulty should come from the fight and mechanics themselfes not from the feeling of beeing rushed or not be able to think your turn through or cast all the spells you want. having short turns as an argument for difficulty would mean that the game itself wouldnt be and the cut of time would just cover that. and no its not hard to increse it or to give us a toggle (the turn time was 60 sec to beginn with. also its not taht complex a game.

6 -2
Score : 311

I think the turn-times are fine how they are. Yea, when I first made my rouge I ran out of time multiple times, but I got faster as I got used to it.
Longer turn-times would be really annoying in some places like if someone is lagging, or afk, and can't skip the remaining time on their turn, I wouldn't want to have to wait twice as long for the fight to move on. And then there is the ghost looking mobs in the dark hurl dung that always runs the clock on their turn...
I HAVE noticed that you can cast spells during the previous spell animations, which could help with the longer ones.

0 0
Score : 32

Being able to stack only a single spell isn't enough, using hotkeys I can easily cast 5 different spells and move twice in less than 2s. I don't see the reason why I shouldn't be able to do it.

0 0

I kinda feel like discussing here is a bit wonky tho as none of the mods answered anything. I would really appreciate if someone would at least glance over this and give me a "yes we could do that" or "no we wont do that, because x y z" I dont know how to at mods as well all i know is that @ [Mavis] is one of them. i have played this game for a really long time but communication has always been one of ankamas weak sides, no i am not calling them out i just state my experience, i just want to get a simple answer its not that much to ask. I really like Wakfu it was my first MMO and i supported it for a long time, at least let me have that.

2 -2

Hello Gwyn!

From what we know there are currently no plans to change the turn timer. However I have moved your thread to the suggestion forums so that maybe there will be a change in the future.

If you wish to contact a moderator in the future I would kindly suggest you to send us an ankabox message. You can also find a list of the moderators here.

Score : 1748

Gwyn|2020-06-09 19:42:02

You are supposed to think before your turn so when the countdown starts you just carry your on with your moves.
1 0
Respond to this thread