FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Shop: Wakfu available for $60 for one year: Single player experience

By Melonnissise - MEMBER - February 05, 2020, 07:07:39

As the title states. The game supports a single player type environment through Hero system. So why not let us play 6 Heroes for $60? It would be a 365 day sub.

I think that would be more appropriate than beating around the bush.

Most people currently run 2 accounts at $30/month.

Why not just streamline it? $60/year with 6 heroes. Then we can truly create our perfect strategic parties to challenge Nogord and whatever.

4 -9
Reactions 16
Score : 531

While I like the thought of a year-long booster, they'd probably lose so much money at that price point. Back at launch they offered a year for just about that, but that was without hero system. Granted I believe it came with a Lumino as well, so you could technically make heroes with that and the Astrub Knight. Allowing a full party at that price point would hemorrhage money, as I don't think that many people would do it. Should probably turn this post into a poll just to see if it would fly.

0 0
Score : 1139

$60 is what triple A single player games cost, it's a very fair comparison.

1 -1
Score : 8821

Its an MMO

1 -4

It's an "mmo"
Let's be honest, that's just in theory, the game itself works better as a single player game than it does as an mmo.

8 -2
Score : 55

make 10 acc's buy subs do SF sell kamas be rich <-

0 0
Score : 2046

I feel like I need to address a major mathematical error or two that you're making:

A hero booster for 30 days costs $10. I'm assuming you're using USD, since your account has only a level 21 Sadida on Nox, and a Hero booster in USD does cost $10. 

According to your math... $10 + $10 = $30. I'm really interested in how exactly you're getting that. Furthermore, if we just double the cost of the hero booster for 6 heroes as it is currently, as you did, it would be... according to your math, $60 a month, not for a year

Because this mathematical error hurts my brain, let me fix the math.

So, $10 + $10 = $20, not $30. So for someone using USD, it costs $20 a month to have hero booster on two accounts. If they were to, theoretically, release a Booster that allowed you to use 5 heroes in addition to your primary character, it wouldn't cost $20 per month. Because the only thing being added is more heroes, we'd have to base the price on that. Heroes is the only difference between the $5.00 Adventure Booster for 30 days and the $10.00 Hero Booster for 30 days, which adds 2 heroes. So the addition of a hero in a Booster costs $2.50 per hero.

Are you still with me? I hope so.

So, because a 5 additional hero booster would probably be beyond God Booster, we have to add the price of 3 more heroes to the $13.50 base price of the 30 day God Booster. This means that your 6 boxer booster would cost $21.00, not $20.00, per month.

And that's per month. Even if it costed $20, it wouldn't be $60.00 for a year.

Using the math that the Dofus Subscriptions follow, here's how that would go down for our $21.00 a month booster. This is using USD.

In dofus, the 3 Month Subscription is 290% the price of the 1 month subscription. This means a 3 Month 6 boxer booster would cost $60.90.

The 6 month Subscription is 545.5% the price of the 1 month subscription. This means a 6 month 6 boxer booster would cost $114.55.

The 1 year subscription is 963.6% the price of the 1 month subscription. This means the 1 year 6 boxer booster would cost a grand total of $202.35.

So, there you go. The mathematically likely prices of what you're actually asking for.

Melonnissise|2020-02-05 12:27:03
If Ankama think anyone would pay $200+/year
When games of way better quality exist? Like world of warcraft and final fantasy xiv, they're high as hell.

Your math is wrong, god booster costs $13.50

Loka-|2020-02-05 09:59:56

So, because a 5 additional hero booster would probably be beyond God Booster, we have to add the price of 3 more heroes to the $13.50 base price of the 30 day God Booster. This means that your 6 boxer booster would cost $21.00, not $20.00, per month.

pls read my post and explain why 10 + 10 = 30

the price is why ankama doesn't do it sweaty. im also super dumb tho, so feel free to actually check my math once you actually look at it. : )
4 0

If Ankama think anyone would pay $200+/year
When games of way better quality exist? Like world of warcraft and final fantasy xiv, they're high as hell.

Your math is wrong, god booster costs $13.50

2 -2
Score : 8821

Melonnissise|2020-02-05 18:28:50
It's an "mmo"
Let's be honest, that's just in theory, the game itself works better as a single player game than it does as an mmo.

The game feels a bit lifeless in certain level ranges, thats for sure, but one of the issues a lot of players say is that adding heros was a terrible addition to the game, and has made people want to play on their own more, as they dont need to rely on other people

Your idea not only doesnt fix that problem, but makes it far worse, and if introduced would truly seal wakfu in its coffin, becoming a pay to play game

This also isnt the first time you have suggested such a thing, a prior post you suggested a mono account booster that gives you AP, MP, WP and 100% "final damage and final resist"

First off im going to point out youre saying Final damage and thinking that resist is added up via %'s, which really dates you in terms of when you last played the game, sure im expecting this to be a dummy account, and your real account is somewhere else, but you have ZERO understanding on just how utterly broken this would be.

Your idea's do not benefit wakfu, are clearly not well thought out, it seems to be either bait im falling for, or your throwing ideas out with no thought into what they would actually do to wakfu.

But just flaming you, wont help anyone
So if youre still reading this, here are some ways you can make more constructive suggestions
Stop reading here if you simply arent interested, im not here to lecture you
>Find out what specific level ranges are dead, think about why that is, is it simply a lack of population, is it a lack of content that pulls players that have surpassed that level bracket? If the latter, what could be added, and could be balanced to pull those players
>Is it not a lack of content thats the issue, but the EXP curve itself forcing players to run out of content to do on their own, and pushes them into a tedious grind, if so, maybe its the EXP curve that needs to be adjusted
>Or maybe its multiple level ranges, and its actually that ALS isnt as rewarding as it should be for the majority, allowing only lv200's who downlevel into super competetive groups to take the leaderboards, causing people actually within those ranges to not get grouped

If you read this far thanks, and sorry that i came at you so strongly, you clearly have a passion for the game even if you aren't playing it much, as youre one of the more active forum participants, but some ideas need to be truly thought out, wakfu cant afford more mistakes
4 -4
Score : 694

I completely disagree. If there are people want to play the game alone, why not let them? It's not like it's impossible to open multi clients and do that.

You have to remember that if someone buy a hero booster, they will be already supporting the game, and this is the most important thing for Ankama. Forcing players that want to play alone to wait for groups will get them nowhere. I play from Brazil, and even though there is a server with PT/BR, i rarely can find people online since i can only play very late, and my only choices is to only do stuff weekend while paying montly vip.

The 6 character hero booster would be perfect for those who don't have the schedule that match with others, or for those who just don't like to wait (sometimes for hours) for help to do their stuff, and there's nothing wrong with that. And buying a hero booster won't stop you from player with your friends if you want to.

0 -1

Suspect--|2020-02-06 15:56:42

Melonnissise|2020-02-05 18:28:50
It's an "mmo"

The game feels a bit lifeless in certain level ranges, thats for sure, but one of the issues a lot of players say is that adding heros was a terrible addition to the game, and has made people want to play on their own more, as they dont need to rely on other people

Your idea not only doesnt fix that problem, but makes it far worse, and if introduced would truly seal wakfu in its coffin, becoming a pay to play game

This also isnt the first time you have suggested such a thing, a prior post you suggested a mono account booster that gives you AP, MP, WP and 100% "final damage and final resist"

First off im going to point out youre saying Final damage and thinking that resist is added up via %'s, which really dates you in terms of when you last played the game, sure im expecting this to be a dummy account, and your real account is somewhere else, but you have ZERO understanding on just how utterly broken this would be.

Your idea's do not benefit wakfu, are clearly not well thought out, it seems to be either bait im falling for, or your throwing ideas out with no thought into what they would actually do to wakfu.

But just flaming you, wont help anyone
So if youre still reading this, here are some ways you can make more constructive suggestions
Stop reading here if you simply arent interested, im not here to lecture you
>Find out what specific level ranges are dead, think about why that is, is it simply a lack of population, is it a lack of content that pulls players that have surpassed that level bracket? If the latter, what could be added, and could be balanced to pull those players
>Is it not a lack of content thats the issue, but the EXP curve itself forcing players to run out of content to do on their own, and pushes them into a tedious grind, if so, maybe its the EXP curve that needs to be adjusted
>Or maybe its multiple level ranges, and its actually that ALS isnt as rewarding as it should be for the majority, allowing only lv200's who downlevel into super competetive groups to take the leaderboards, causing people actually within those ranges to not get grouped

If you read this far thanks, and sorry that i came at you so strongly, you clearly have a passion for the game even if you aren't playing it much, as youre one of the more active forum participants, but some ideas need to be truly thought out, wakfu cant afford more mistakes

At least I'm giving ideas to resurrect the game. For the many years you've been here I've never seen you attempt such a courageous move. On that basis alone your high horse buckled and fell down to the mud.

I prefer a monoaccount booster that gives extra stats than the 6 character booster. The reason I give this 6 hero booster idea is because ankama as a company feels more conformtable with players perpetually playing alone than with other people; when it comes to Wakfu at least.

I invite you to give constructive ideas for how Wakfu could gain more paying users instead of trying to call people troll this and troll that, which is an offense according to forum rules.
3 -2
Score : 531

Melonnissise|2020-02-05 12:30:00
$60 is what triple A single player games cost, it's a very fair comparison.

What I was trying to get at is that I understand that comparison and can appreciate the efforts trying to think outside the box, so why not see if players would go for it (hence the poll suggestion)?

It seems there've been a few responses (mine included) here focusing on the money math of it, which is important for any company. What I'm about to say is me trying to explain the challenges of said price change from a bean counter's perspective. Granted I don't have a degree in financial economics, so I'm kinda spitballing here.

Currently, Ankama charges $13.50/month for 3 characters with unlimited respecs, which translates to $27/month for 6 characters (i.e. 2 accounts). If they provided a discounted rate for in essence bundling more characters together onto the same account, say $20/month, that comes out to $240/year, which is 4 times higher than suggested.

If they took that suggestion, they'd be losing $180/year per person that plays 6 characters on 1 account instead of 6 characters on 2 accounts. No company in their right mind would do that unless they thought they could recoup it by getting more players that weren't already paying to pay.

My math may not be 100% accurate, but I'm thinking the game would have to retain 4 individual paying players per every 1 that's currently paying on 2 accounts (4 x $60/year = $240/year). Would this option yield that many more people? There are plenty of people that can't afford $5/month, which is why there are still plenty of F2P people around.

All math aside, providing such an option would also force their marketing efforts -- okay okay I know funny funny hahaha -- to pivot from MMO to single player, and is there a game out there that has done this before?
0 0
Score : 694

Is not pivot from MMO to single player, is giving players who want to play alone the option on how they want to play.

And it's not really fair to compare Wakfu with other MMOs, Wakfu and Dofus are literally the only ones that you can go make coffe before your turns, if you play alone in a full group and running a dungeon, it may take up to 6 - 7 minutes for your character to start moving again, imagine this in Gw2 or Wow or other active MMO.. One of the reasons other people multi task is because they don't enjoy waiting for that long to play the game.

I agree that the price should be just the double of 3 heroes booster, but i wouldn't say the company would be "losing money" even if they gave a discount. First off, the game is free to play and not many people would ever consider buying a booster, secondly, i believe this would bring more good than bad for the company, since there are people that literally quit the game because they can't find group / don't want to wait for too long for other people to even be able to run a dungeon, i was reading some comments on Steam and i saw a lot of complaints saying that they can't find anyone to play with, and the fact that the server is so empty should invalidate the argument that "If we do that, you won't find any groups" Because this is already the case. Like seriously, try finding group for a level 40 dungeon.. You'll be sitting on the temple for hours and probably won't find them, even with a 3 hero booster i can't get a full group to run dungeons, it's mostly someone else with another hero booster or one free player.

The biggest benefit that this booster would give to players is the ability to run whatever they want whenever they want / are able to, not to mention that they would get the feeling that they are playing Final Fantasy Tactics online, and of course, they would already be supporting the company by purchasing that, i really don't get why Ankama didn't already put on this feature.

0 0
Score : 793

For me even god booster with 6 hero will be ok smile So i finaly can play with only my steam acc without alt+tab. And paying via steam is batter for me, for example smile Ppl playing at 2 acc with heroes, ppl playing with 6 accs with full free2play style(btw it even batter coz you can do quest like rikiki wand etc), ppl playing solo with friend and guild and have fun. So all this restriction do nothing for ppl play style. And 6 hero is only quality of life change nothing more.

1 0
Score : 502

JICag|2020-02-08 10:22:15
For me even god booster with 6 hero will be ok smile So i finaly can play with only my steam acc without alt+tab. And paying via steam is batter for me, for example smile Ppl playing at 2 acc with heroes, ppl playing with 6 accs with full free2play style(btw it even batter coz you can do quest like rikiki wand etc), ppl playing solo with friend and guild and have fun. So all this restriction do nothing for ppl play style. And 6 hero is only quality of life change nothing more.

I never got why they went with the 2 Hero Slot approach anyways. Most of the small Amount of End-Game Players have atleast 2 Accounts anyways. And Mutli-Boxing was a thing long before Side-Kicks/Heroes too.

I imagine it like this :

Ankama : "Yes, we know you mostly have no one to play with, so we allow you to fill the Group yourself! But only half..."

Players : "But we can make 2 Accounts, and play as a Group of Six!!!"

Ankama : :O

Players : "How about Mono Servers?"

Ankama : No. But we have a new Pack for you in Store biggrin

Players : sleep

2 0
Score : 38

I must have been playing to long I remember when you bought weeks of play on the booster and I took advantage of it

0 0
Respond to this thread