FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The World Chat System

By shyvanillacra - MEMBER - October 27, 2019, 04:23:13

The most different point of game community of the past and the present, is the existance of discord. Discord like communication helping messengers have massive effect on alot games. There is no exception for wakfu. However, it was not because of discord service is good, but since wakfu has no world chat system. Let's see how dofus works in this issue. I think dofus communication works alot better than wakfu, even without accounting discord communication. Dofus has really good in-game communication system. In wakfu, however, wakfu lost most of in-game communicating popolation

Absence of the World Chat may make players feel alone. For myself, for example, I can't get a party because most of players are not possible to see what I typed. And this is the reason why a lot of people want to stay in discord / QQ messenger like chatting channel.

Without World Chat, players cannot communicate each other and they will stuck in the small community like guildes and friendlist. You may know the meme about saying "you have to get in active guild." I don't like this sentence. A good game has effective communicating system, but wakfu has not. I don't know why wakfu still doesn't have world chat system like dofus. I think world chat in dofus works quite well. And the chatting box is always full of vigorousity.

Currently, I read the post about eco changes in future. If I read it correctly, it said that there will be no navigation for gatherings. And it is said that devs expect it will boost communication between players. Really? Seriously? Isn't it just a easy excuse to hide technical limitation or lazyness? It is like to say, "We decided to destroy human race to protect the mother Earth where our children will live in..." or "We have to let our childeren live in dangerous environment to make them strong human..."

The only thing requires for accepting world chat system is to benchmark dofus system. Chat box should be separated in a few sections. And there should be mods for it ofc. But recently, there is no mod except for flatops himself for international community.

Is there any plan for making world chat system in wakfu?

---

Plus,

I'd like to point out weird symptom or bug related to chat system, I saw. Idk what occurs it.
Chat box frequently blink and blink per a few seconds.

---

I know you read this post.
My post got moved into suggestions from the general discussions.
Thank you.

25 -4
Reactions 13
Score : 2877

This is a really good idea.

0 0
Score : 46

Great suggestion. Personally the most fun I get from playing this game is in doing dungeons with people. Not just those in your guild. In my opinion, a world chat system would do more good to the game than any other “fancy” updates that do not address the central issue the game has: the lack of mmo aspect. The game now feels like an offline pc game with endless grinding.

3 0
Score : 917

How do you prevent such a chat from being abused and/or spamming my console (even when you have a legit chat between people wanting to form a group)? I can see a lot of people turning off the global chat channel because of that very reason. Which is the same as not having the channel in the first place.

0 -2
Score : 1845

It is not me who have to protect other players from spam messeges.

All people die, but it doesn’t mean it is better not to be born in the first place.
Then why wakfu has various cartegorization in current chat?
It gives players options to choose what they want to see.
But to be fair, I’d like to point out that current chat system’s cartegorization has less meaning then the global chat system.
You can’t see those all colored chat thru the different locations in the first place.
Most of MMO games have the global chat.
What do you think about that?

0 0
Score : 1820

Literally World chat is easiest method to bring back communication into this game. But as many people pointed out, world chat is easy to make but hard to manage. Dofus for example, volunteer moderators manages world chat system. And community manager manages those mods. Sadly it seems that current community manager flattops doesn't want to do it. i don't know what kind of problem is there on their team. hmm maybe he does codes and drawing while managing forum? biggrin

0 0
Score : 865

Yup really good idea. It would be a new perfect feature in 1.67. No one really use Team search + this system will be faster and easier for everyone.

0 0
Score : 1675

Why the diddlydoo hasn't this been implemented yet, Ankama?

0 0
Score : -2775

No need recieve the world chat in wakfu but can be a world chat dashboard for players who wants to recieve and send their sentences to common chatroom.
About party mode, if you need group or lots of people to talk, to  beat dungeons,this game has to remove its open world and Devs have to offer you a game like waven because servers arent stronger to allow more people or heroes to play together. it is kinda animal crossing mode but as i said ,it doesnt allow open world actions.

0 -4
Score : -39

The game's chat so horrible no one use for a long time. Everyone I know that play this game seriously use discord.

0 0
Score : 5382

Another option would be reworking the long time dead party finder.

0 0
Score : 1675

I repeat: Why do we not have a global chat channel? It wouldn't be hard to implement a stricter flood protection, like 1 message per player per 1-2 minutes to avoid spam.

0 0
Score : 1

The world chat system can add some restrictions:

1: Level 100 or higher

2: Need craftsmen to make consumables

0 0
Score : 736

That would be cool, world chat always bring more versatility. And you could always turn it off.

0 0
Respond to this thread