Market and havenbag rework

By cody5 - MEMBER - October 14, 2019, 13:22:11

Current problems:
-taxes are paid in advance so market is risky
-you don't know what price to sell items at
-havenbags are hard to search for items on sale

Presenting my market rework suggestion:

Havenbag marketboards:
You can place havenbags on marked spaces in areas with the marketboard (which changes their apperance), this makes the marketboard list all items on sale in those havenbags.
If you select an item listed, it will activate a compass marker pointing you to the bag selling the item.
The spaces remove the set bags periodically so people have a chance to claim the spots. The spots also override the "havenbags cannot be placed on adjacent spaces" rule.

Questor's board:
The current market will be replaced with a questor board that can be accessed from the menu like the group finder.
It's a menu on which you can place "quests" for any item in the game for a small fee and specify what you will pay the person who supplies the items and you get your posting fee back.
The tax will be subtracted from the amount the supplier receives on quest completion instead of in advance.
Only the highest bid for each item is displayed on the board. When the items are supplied to the questing station the buyer has to claim them there within 1 week (his quest will be labeled as complete in his menu along with time remaining to pick it up) or the items will be returned to the supplier along with the posting fee (which he has a month to pick up).
You can cancel or adjust the reward at any time before the quest is completed at no cost (besides a small window right after submitting it) and your fee will be returned if you cancel the quest.
Items you drop have a new button that directly pulls up the questor board and displays you the highest current offer for that item.

2 0
Reactions 19
Score : 1408

I like your idea, tbh, but I think that maybe the items should just appear on the market, without these limited spots or something. 

They should just appear as if it was put in the market, and then the bag may have a time counter so the items will be removed from the list. The compass idea is nice, but when you are not in the map, the compass doesn't work. So it can be different, like a temporary "quest" telling you the map and spot (x
, y) of the bag.

The adjacent rule should be kept, to keep it organized and easier to find.

----

About the tax problem, I think it shouldn't be removed or changed. If you change the tax rules, the old problem of extremely high prices will return...

The request item thing is amazing, I like it and really want it to come to the game since a while.

Thumbs up :giblove:

Fuku

2 0
Score : 4378

The spots aren't that limited, there's a bunch in front of every market board and a bunch spread across each zone with a market board (the metal squares still on the map). Also since they are cleared periodically everyone would have a chance to grab one, besides a little competition for best market spaces would be fun.

What do you mean not on the map? only the bags in the area on the map would be listed on that board. But yes that's literally how the compass pin works.
The problem with adjacent spot rule is that the current market cells are usually adjacent and thus quite inefficient making the limited market cells even more limited.

I never said the taxes should be removed or changed? the taxes would be payed when you sell an item to a questmaker or put up an item int he bag like currently.

1 0
Score : 752

There’s a reason why Wakfu is called a “free-marketing game” and it’s in the name. If you don’t know what that means I suggest you google it. But basically speaking, you name your price and the buyer can choose to buy it...or not. If you want the system to have bids instead of a fixed price, the the situation will become worse and only the highest bitter(aka the richest players) will be getting all the good stuff and monopolize the game thereby destroying the free trade system and brining is an auction system. That’s just going to kill the game and the spirit of everyone trying to play it.

0 -2

That's... how the market works already?
I'm suggesting how to improve the market system not how to solve the economic crysis

0 0
Score : 723

In regards to the Questor's board.

I don't get for the longest time that WAKFU only have the "sell" part in the market UI. In other MMOs, buy orders are a thing(which I believe OP got the idea from), they make gauging the prices waaay easier.

0 0
Score : 2212

Hmmm, indeed basically nowadays there is almost nothing to buy inside game market. No one will dare putting item there as tax is deducted before your item been sales yet. We can go through like 500+ items previously with sometime have costume/pets/epic/relic frags etc but now only less than 30 item in market with almost new joiner sell low gears item only. 

0 0
Score : 2

The tax should not be removed as people will fill the board with trash and lets not mention the ppl doing the fragment scam from tax free heaven world. that was fixed by adding tax from hw too and that fixed the problem for good.

Search function should be improved and re add a way to filter by time added.

1 0
Score : 2212

From all the way up to the post, it never suggest to remove tax, just suggest it be deduct after your item really been sold. That is when if abnormal high price, people will not buy it and then your item still will not be sold. Even when during transaction, seller need have the enough amount to paid the tax else the transaction failed. 

0 0

JSky|2019-10-15 13:20:27
From all the way up to the post, it never suggest to remove tax, just suggest it be deduct after your item really been sold. That is when if abnormal high price, people will not buy it and then your item still will not be sold. Even when during transaction, seller need have the enough amount to paid the tax else the transaction failed. 

Actually I never said that the tax for bag-selling should be changed? Since you just pay it once and the items stay there forever, so unless you priced it too high to where noone wants to buy it you don't have the chance to have to pay it again unlike the current market board.

As for the questor board I said that the tax would be deducted from what the supplier gets, so there's no "surprise extra charge"
0 0
Score : 402

Ankama does not want that we use marketplace as "free" storehouse.
So the tax should be paid (and be consumed) when we decide to sell. It's just a ... storage fee.

0 0

I don't quite understand your point. So you want there to be a tax after you sell something, but you don't want people to use the market for storage?
Also what does this have to do with my suggestion?

0 0

Datsuki|2019-10-18 13:55:33
Code, I guess that he meant you should pay for the tax in the moment you list the item in the market and not when you sell/buy it.

That's... literally how it is already?
0 0
Score : 1906

he meant, if the tax is not deducted on point of enlisting people would use the market and hb as free storage wich is not intended. i mean id like to be able to store stuff on sales windows of hb but the tax makes it not that enticing and its there on purpose

cody5|2019-10-19 01:09:40
Yes that's literally what I said, I was confused why he was bringing it up since my idea includes taxes.

yes but he is against it for that reason, he doesn't want market or hb to become the defacto inventory +
0 0

Yes that's literally what I said, I was confused why he was bringing it up since my idea includes taxes.

0 0
Score : 614

ImperiumOfMan|2019-10-18 22:18:34
i mean id like to be able to store stuff on sales windows of hb but the tax makes it not that enticing and its there on purpose

This is exactly how I use my HB, for extra storage. I put everything on sale for 1 kama, and never log out inside my bag. That way I don't pay too much storage tax and I only risk when opening my bag when there are people around (but I play on Phaeris, so there are no people around).
0 0

Yeah but this is probably one of the reasons why average prices are all messed up, market is meant for selling not for storage.
My suggestion would make it easier to get rid of things you don't need, because you would know what people are looking for as well as instantly check if it's worth hanging on to or if you should just crush it.

0 0
Respond to this thread